Tech N9ne - Special Effects [ALBUM]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 12, 2005
“My next album is called Special Effects. I ain’t ever told nobody that. Soon as I get through Therapy, I’mma start getting beats.” The rapper has no firm date for Special Effects as of now, but given his rigorous workflow, it may be sooner than later. “You gotta keep moving,” he said.

Tech N9ne Reveals Upcoming Rock EP and ‘Special Effects’ Album | MTV Hive

As news leaks lets fill this thread up. I know Something Else hasn't official dropped but Strange is talking about it already. Let's hope its not rushed!!!!

May 7, 2008
I don't think he's suffering from quality issues, but I do get a little concerned how much info he's giving media.

A little mystery helps.
Agreed.

Its all quality releases but I get the feeling he wants to be doing more normal generic hiphop then the different sound we have grown to love. And the more he releases new shit the more I hear the generic hiphop ideas slowly slipping in..

Some could argue an artist "evolves" but I dont consider generic hiphop a step forward.

Props: L.D.S.
Aug 21, 2002
I agree somewhat, Tech has overfilled our cups with tons of music.. Shit I remember the fuss when he left us hanging for almost 2 years for a album, but he's doing what he needs to do for his Fans and not trying to reinvent himself, just keep pumping out Live show worthy music while at the same time saying Fuck the Industry.. Either way, Tech is good (financially, career-wise).. While I always think "Damn, Tech coulda went commercial with this track and fucked the game up!" I also gotta remember his devotion to making the Industry go Tech!

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
the strange sound has suddenly switched to a very generic sound..its no longer different..if anyone follows tech/strange on facebook or twatter than you know also know tech went all commercial and though he might say FTI what he really means is he finally gave in to get more money...which is acceptable to me..however the whole sound has changed a tech n9ne album now days is a fuckin big name collabos album with a few people that you wish never made the final cut...a fucking rock EP? i thought that was what "something else" was for the most part...and i dont even want to begin thinking about what laser tag fireworks show special effects will be

Oct 2, 2006
Gotta release all he can now. He isn't getting any younger, and won't be releasing albums forever. I'm sure he is saving all the old unreleased stuff to keep the money coming in after he is kicked back in his slippers living the retirement life.

Props: smittycal
Aug 27, 2007
^^^
tech's said himself that he doesnt have tons of unreleased shit, he puts out pretty much everything he records.

tech/strange have done an amazing job of keeping the quality up while being insanely prolific.strange is responsible for the 4 standout albums of the year so far (imo-something else, war within, believers, life&times of johnny valient) i would be beyond bored w/new hiphop if it wasnt for their work ethic/talent

that said, i really hope tech decides to change up his formula for his next project.everything since "everready" has been plagued w/shitty features destroying what could be classic albums.he is way too concerned w/featuring mainstream artists on his shit.i dont understand how "mainstream goes tech" translates to him grabbing every famous rapper he can for his album, while none of these people want him on their shit (besides the wayne feature)

if tech limits the features on "special effects", i have no doubt it will be incredible

Feb 9, 2006
the strange sound has suddenly switched to a very generic sound..its no longer different..if anyone follows tech/strange on facebook or twatter than you know also know tech went all commercial and though he might say FTI what he really means is he finally gave in to get more money...which is acceptable to me..however the whole sound has changed a tech n9ne album now days is a fuckin big name collabos album with a few people that you wish never made the final cut...a fucking rock EP? i thought that was what "something else" was for the most part...and i dont even want to begin thinking about what laser tag fireworks show special effects will be
So fuckin bitter. lol chill out bro its not that serious...

Have you heard Something Else yet? If you have, there is no way in hell you can sit there and say that it is in any way generic or not different. Show me another rapper that is puttin out music like this. Whether its good or bad, it sure as hell is like nothing else you hear other rappers doing and FAR from generic. I do agree with you in saying I dont understand why we are getting ANOTHER rock EP. I consider SE basically a rock album already. I dont need another 9 rock songs from Tech. But for you to automatically write off Special Effects already without knowing anything more than a title is way to premature. Hopefully by that time, which Im sure is at least a year from now, Tech will get both Jay-Z and Nas on some tracks and those aint no bullshit filler artists. Im just sayin, wait til we have more before you just say fuck the album already lol

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
Tech sounds dope over rock beats....he sud collab with RAGe....slayer....metaliica..the whole group of system..tool...i cud go on and on tech wud sound dope with them

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
on another note from those samples of son of sam krizz may just beat tech again for strange album of the year his last one was better than all 6's and 7's minus the few epic tracks