Tech N9ne - Something Else LP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Tech N9ne Recruits Serj Tankian, Cee Lo for New Album | Music News | Rolling Stone
"One of the members of a big, humongous rock band did a song with me," he told us when we visited with him backstage at Paid Dues Independent Hip-Hop Festival in San Bernardino. After debating whether he should spill the beans, he revealed that it is System of a Down frontman Serj Tankian, who appears on the opening track to Something Else.

[...]

"Cee Lo came through and did a chorus for me on a song called 'That's My Kid,' with Big Krit and Game. It's about our kids coming up, not following our negative footsteps. They latched onto other things that are positive. And now we're going to graduation saying, 'That's my kid right there,' instead of seeing them disappear in the night air."

[...]

With the record not quite done there are a few features up in the air, including one Tech wanted to go to Corey Taylor, who was not available timing-wise. He has other rockers in mind. "I might send it to James Hetfield," he said. "I heard he was a fan. I heard they [Metallica] warm up to my song 'Einstein.'"