Pitchfork writer reveals why they don't cover Tech N9ne

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 11, 2009

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Well, we do have our own brotherhood chant, so you've got to figure the stigma will likely remain.

But our fanbase is nothing like an ICP fanbase.

Having been a Juggalo since 1996 and seeing them actually become a gang of intelligence-constantly-degrading idiots, Tech N9ne's fanbase is more akin to Maybach Music and Young Money.

And it's not like theyre going out of their way to change that. It's good money.

If it were my business, Pitchfork would be a bridge I left burnt if it meant isolating and down-talking a core group of my consumers to get a feature.

Who needs one pitchfork coverage article when you're selling $5,000 in merchandise a minute(during Strangegiving sale)?

Nov 11, 2009
Well, we do have our own brotherhood chant, so you've got to figure the stigma will likely remain.

But our fanbase is nothing like an ICP fanbase.

Having been a Juggalo since 1996 and seeing them actually become a gang of intelligence-constantly-degrading idiots, Tech N9ne's fanbase is more akin to Maybach Music and Young Money.

And it's not like theyre going out of their way to change that. It's good money.

If it were my business, Pitchfork would be a bridge I left burnt if it meant isolating and down-talking a core group of my consumers to get a feature.

Who needs one pitchfork coverage article when you're selling $5,000 in merchandise a minute(during Strangegiving sale)?
No doubt is doing fine on his own, just find it lame that Pitchfork acts like he doesn't exist.

Sadly, they have a LOT of influence and could expose Tech to a whole new demographic.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
and who fucking cares if he outraps and "outwits" Kendrick? like Kendrick is the muhfuckin god of rap music? Tech has been doing it longer, better, faster, outwitting every muhfuckin artist EVER for what, almost 20 years now????

Kendrick is cool, but stop sucking him off. and why that would stop you from covering someone who's dope, I don't get. fuck those fags

and Tech is nothing like ICP. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop that comparison u fucking faggots.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
and who fucking cares if he outraps and "outwits" Kendrick? like Kendrick is the muhfuckin god of rap music? Tech has been doing it longer, better, faster, outwitting every muhfuckin artist EVER for what, almost 20 years now????

Kendrick is cool, but stop sucking him off. and why that would stop you from covering someone who's dope, I don't get. fuck those fags

and Tech is nothing like ICP. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop that comparison u fucking faggots.
this.

if that's ultimately all that Pitchfork has to say in regards to Tech being left on the backburner then there clearly on some hater shit.

and that ICP stigma is getting real sad; two completely different realms of fanbase in comparison.

the fact that they can overlook his history as an artist overall before these fucking clowns even came into the picture (which is miniscule) is complete ignorance.