OT:Download my project "Dreamer"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2002
www.chapmanrecording.com
When I was 6 years old, my best friend and I used to play with my parents’ tape recorder. That’s how it all started. That’s how I got into recording. That’s how I got into music. Music was my dream. I was going to be a rockstar, or so I thought. I became a recording engineer and the dream took a backseat to paying the bills and just trying to keep up.

Years later I came to a realization. The happiest music ever made me was when I was young and did it just for fun, when it wasn’t my job. I came up with a new dream. I wanted to make an album utilizing binaural recording combined with conventional recording. But I wanted to do it just for fun. And in the process of exploring this dream, my world changed and so did my priorities. I became a family man and a father, and now that is what brings me happiness.

Welcome to Dreamer. This is my heart in music, and I did it just for fun and the joy of creation. It was never intended to be a commercial album or to be played on the radio. It was meant to be a way to find that part of myself I had lost so long ago. It was my adult version of playing with the tape recorder all over again.

I am putting this up for free download because I want to share it with people. If you like it, donate and help me make more music like this. If not, no harm no foul…..I still had fun

***Binaural recording is a method which, when listened to with headphones, allows the listener to hear directional and spacial information not present in conventional recording. It truly "puts you there".

Get Dreamer at:

Robert Rebeck--Engineer/Producer/Musician

Help be part of an underground movement for more experimental music and recording.

Sincerely,

Robert Rebeck

https://www.facebook.com/Robertthedreamer
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Attachments

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I'll check it out too. While it's not the point of this thread or anything, I notice that Everready is missing from the Discography page of your site.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Despite it not exactly being up my main alley, I am one to give just about anything a chance. It's actually pretty good. Skits though... never sit well with me, which drags it down a little, personally.

Oct 23, 2002
www.chapmanrecording.com
Kain...try the "skits" wit the headphones....That's where most of the binaural stuff is. I like to think of them as "soundscapes" or "sound collages"....Everything in them is real, no sound effects....

That being said I know the album doesn't move very quickly. I figured some people would like it, some not. Thanks for checking it out though! Weedheads should try the headphones...lol

Aug 27, 2007
great album mr.rebeck!

very unique/enjoyable listen.needless to say, the engineering & overall sound is second to none.

not the biggest fan of skits in general, but unique experience when binaural & applied to a rock album for a change.

not sure if you've heard this before, but your work has a jerry cantrell solo material feel to it (as a huge aic's fan, thats a compliment!)

you plan on making another album down the line anytime?