OG's vs Re-Issues/Re-Presses

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 2, 2012
aside from The Worst/2k are there any differences?

I was in KC last week and picked up some stuff from FYE and 7th Heaven and after looking around I find out they are represses.
Calm
Worst
Worst 2k
Cel

Some of the art on the disc itself are different too. Most are Black with basic shit on it while the true OGs differ.
Also found out by ripping both that the Worst "og" and 2k i have are the same tracklist when playing. Both play 2k's tracklist yet i have the artwork on the front case of the og like the og lol.
So was that a messed up repress ?

Is there any audio differences/quality change or anything aside from artwork of discs and case between true og releases and represses?

Props: BCnuggets
May 7, 2008
I cant compare the ones your mentioning but there is usually very minor (very very) differences in terms of quality of audio.

The rest is cosmetic differences..

I was always under the impression the represses was unofficially official but I contacted the people behind celcius many years ago and they swore it was official..

maybe a collector like kain can better answer your question..

Props: Mixerr
Sep 30, 2002
They released Celsius on the same day as Absolute Power to spite Tech. Dyamund Shields and Don Juan have been repressing copies of those albums since at least 2004. At last check Tech still does not have the complete masters to some of music Don Juan produced and I believe that Tech is not making a penny for the sales of those albums.

Props: JOK3R187
Sep 30, 2002
Ya Kain where are u at man? lol

Sucks that this "og" i got is the same thing as 2k with the og case art. pricks
I have two copies of the Calm OG one from the first portion of the first press and one from the second portion. I also have a repress I picked up in 06' There are slight differences in the colors of the Calm before the Storm discs with the OG being a bit lighter in color.

The Worst had 2 original colors with Red and Green but I believe the represses are only in one color (I only have the OG versions of the worst)

Jul 2, 2012
Ima have to take some pics of the disc labels of what i have this week to show yall. Its mainly black with generic lettering misc on it.

Also i kinda chuckled when i was at 7th Heaven and they have 20+ copies of 2k for 3 a piece

Aug 27, 2007
so the audio is the same on all the different versions of the 3 old tech albums they keep repackaging?

ive been putting off buying em for years cuz i dont wanna support whoevers behind it, but its always annoyed me not having physical copies so i might make a deal w/the devil.

this 7th heaven you speak of have a website ragarok?

Sep 30, 2002
so the audio is the same on all the different versions of the 3 old tech albums they keep repackaging?

ive been putting off buying em for years cuz i dont wanna support whoevers behind it, but its always annoyed me not having physical copies so i might make a deal w/the devil.

this 7th heaven you speak of have a website ragarok?
One song difference between the two versions of the Worst... I forgot what songs though, I think "they're all gonna laugh at you" might be on one and not the other I need to double check though.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
I have two copies of the Calm OG one from the first portion of the first press and one from the second portion. I also have a repress I picked up in 06' There are slight differences in the colors of the Calm before the Storm discs with the OG being a bit lighter in color.

The Worst had 2 original colors with Red and Green but I believe the represses are only in one color (I only have the OG versions of the worst)
this.

I have two versions of the The Calm. one being the OG version I keep in my collection with the disc art contrasting brighter and the second a repress which I'm guessing is a more recent repress with slightly lower quality CD cover art contrast and the disc art is completely different from the cover art.

Jun 26, 2003
I can speak to the Celcius re-press and OG pressing, the same person is behind both of those and it isn't Tech. I also know that 3 (re-presses) mentioned are pressed by the same person/company and if my info is correct Tech doesn't receive money for those. As far as differences it seems like it is just art work on the disc itself and the inserts.

Sep 30, 2002
I can speak to the Celcius re-press and OG pressing, the same person is behind both of those and it isn't Tech. I also know that 3 (re-presses) mentioned are pressed by the same person/company and if my info is correct Tech doesn't receive money for those. As far as differences it seems like it is just art work on the disc itself and the inserts.
You are correct. Dyamund Sheilds released Celsius on his own. If he was smart he would have held on to em for a while instead of letting his spite get the best of him and trying to hurt the release of AP by releasing on the same day... That material would be worth so much more at this point...

Jun 26, 2003
You are correct. Dyamund Sheilds released Celsius on his own. If he was smart he would have held on to em for a while instead of letting his spite get the best of him and trying to hurt the release of AP by releasing on the same day... That material would be worth so much more at this point...
I can see from both sides. Because, as you know in the rap game you're hot one minute, next you're not. If you can, you have to capitalize on it.