The Official Special Effects Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 23, 2002
I'm at the point where I don't give a fuck if old school fans like his changes.

I'd hate to be suppressed by a fan base if ever I got that talented as a filmmaker.
Exactly. This shit has gotten extremely annoying with some fans whining so much. I wanted a 2 chainz song. I want Tech on songs with the most popular people. I wish he would do a song with Kevin Gates, bet that would be dope.

Tech needs to quit caring about those people and just make music that he wants. Hood Go Crazy is dope to me. I hope he goes in this direction more often. And if I didn't like it, I wouldn't whine all over forums and youtube videos.

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
Exactly. This shit has gotten extremely annoying with some fans whining so much. I wanted a 2 chainz song. I want Tech on songs with the most popular people. I wish he would do a song with Kevin Gates, bet that would be dope.

Tech needs to quit caring about those people and just make music that he wants. Hood Go Crazy is dope to me. I hope he goes in this direction more often. And if I didn't like it, I wouldn't whine all over forums and youtube videos.
Yeeeep. And I think he is finally doing just that with this album. The way he's been talking about those fans lately seems like this album is not going to cater to them ha ha.

Aug 27, 2007
It definitely didn't go over his head, though, I think your view of his career is totally different from the rest of us.

Tech's never said he didn't want to work with industry people. And big surprise to no one, he's been working with mainstream industry artists since Absolute Power.

So, I'm not sure of this point you seem to be driving at in regard to his mainstream sensibilities.
perhaps. I tend to put tech on a pedestal as far as hiphop goes. its not mainstream artists that i was referring to, it was bullshit mainstream artists that represent everything tech used to rally against (FTI, industry is punks, red nose, the original 816boyz skits, lots of lines & comments in interviews about being better than those in the spotlight). i understand exactly why he would make the moves he has. i would have liked to have seen tech take the other route considering how successful he is @ this point anyway, but i get it. its much easier not to make waves & just work w/any poppin artists & spread your web. maybe im just showing my age, but i dont have any patience for dudes like 2chains. i dont enjoy music by people that arent talented (imo)...if im in the minority on that, not worth taking it further.

as far as the "never go mainstream, the mainstream will go tech" quote, i still dont get the confusion. zero said i was wrong cause they were features on his album on his label, but my point was that tech is changing up his sound to fit the mainstream mold which is exactly what he was saying he would not do...so the fact that its on his album on his label only makes it worse cause he sought it out entirely.

as far as "whining", i would call it conversations, if you take the conflicting viewpoints away, whats this place got left?

Feb 9, 2006

I co-sign this shit 100%

Im tired of these so called "hardcore" fans always bitching every time Tech doesnt do something along the lines of Anghellic or AP. Tech has said COUNTLESS times, he does shit for everyone, he doesnt do just 1 type of genre. He always HAS done party tracks and always WILL. Ill never understand these fags that always run to the net to bitch and complain every time Tech does a song they dont agree with. Guess what, Tech doesnt give a FUCK what you think. There have been plenty of songs over the years Tech has done that I dont personally enjoy that alot of you prob love and vice versa. Prime example, most everyone here thinks GMP was the worst thing Tech has ever done, I happen to like pretty much every song off that album. Is there a right or wrong? No, its what you like or dont like. Just cuz u dont fuck with it doesnt mean everyone else shouldnt either.

U fucks sound like these people who always bitch about whats on TV. Its too violent and too sexual, guess what if you dont like what you are hearing or seeing... CHANGE THE FUCKIN CHANNEL

Feb 9, 2006
And please stop with this whole "he said FTI now he going against that" whaaaa whaaa whaaa bullshit. Shut the fuck up, u dont even realize what the meaning of that was. The meaning behind that was he would never conform and sign to a major label to put his music out. Last I checked he did that. Built his own label from the ground up and put himself on the fuckin Forbes list. Also making his name without paying the radio stations and DJ's to play his shit, last I checked he did that too. FTI was Tech saying "the industry says the only way to get big is to sign with us, change your look, rap about what we want you to rap about and we will pay the radio and tv to hear you". He said fuck that and did all that on his own. It never was "im not going to make popular sounding songs". He has backed up FTI his whole career.

Nov 14, 2002
uh...you must of missed the point tech was getting @ w/that quote.
Yeah he said "The mainstream will go Tech". And? Mainstream artists are LITERALLY going to Tech's label to appear on his albums. It's not like he's running around begging people to be a feature on their albums.

its not mainstream artists that i was referring to, it was bullshit mainstream artists that represent everything tech used to rally against (FTI, industry is punks, red nose
FTI was a clever marketing scheme that came about at a perfect time. There are PLENTY of commercial rappers out there who have tracks about "They wouldn't let me release my mixtape, fuck my record label, fuck your record label, blah blah blah..."

I would bet 95% of rappers out there right now have a song complaining about their label, or saying "rap is dead" or some type of shit like that.

the fact that its on his album on his label only makes it worse cause he sought it out entirely.
But... It's HIS label. I could see if you were talking about Strange signing some type of deal with a major label (I don't even know what labels exist anymore), but in this case I'm just not seeing it. Maybe it's because I've known from day one that the FTI thing was cool as hell but it was just a gimmick. I got over him cutting his red hair, posing like a thug on his album covers, doing songs with T-Pain, Wayne, etc...

I can survive one more song with a wack feature on it. I got used to that way back in the Grant Rice days.

Aug 27, 2007
Yeah he said "The mainstream will go Tech". And? Mainstream artists are LITERALLY going to Tech's label to appear on his albums. It's not like he's running around begging people to be a feature on their albums.

FTI was a clever marketing scheme that came about at a perfect time. There are PLENTY of commercial rappers out there who have tracks about "They wouldn't let me release my mixtape, fuck my record label, fuck your record label, blah blah blah..."

I would bet 95% of rappers out there right now have a song complaining about their label, or saying "rap is dead" or some type of shit like that.

But... It's HIS label. I could see if you were talking about Strange signing some type of deal with a major label (I don't even know what labels exist anymore), but in this case I'm just not seeing it. Maybe it's because I've known from day one that the FTI thing was cool as hell but it was just a gimmick. I got over him cutting his red hair, posing like a thug on his album covers, doing songs with T-Pain, Wayne, etc...

I can survive one more song with a wack feature on it. I got used to that way back in the Grant Rice days.
dude, you have that entirely backwards.its not that artists are begging to be on tech's albums and he is not chasing them down, the fact that he has all these mainstream artists on his albums, while they don't ask him to be on theres is HIM chasing them down and paying them for a verse. you dont beg to be on peoples albums, you beg them to be on yours.

you are misinterpreting "tech will never go mainstream, the mainstream will go tech". he was not implying he was going to start paying mainstream artists to be on his album and make mainstream music on his albums as the way "the mainstream was going to go tech"...you keep saying that and its just wrong. tech was saying he would not change his style/sound/content to be excepted my the mainstream audience, the mainstream audience was going to except him as he is and his music would cross-over without losing any of its integrity (such as he did w/"fragile").

so you can disagree w/my views and you can love "hood go crazy" all you want, but misinterpreting that quote does not help the argument.

Nov 4, 2005
He puts on artists he wants on his songs. Tech has love for music, I cant hate on him for that, so he will put on whoever he wants. That f.t.i. Is in that past, it was fun when it was here, but that's old news. He has already established himself, quit hatin.

Jul 1, 2004
How fucking dare you Tech N9ne...you can't evolve. Keep doing the same shit over and over to keep the simple minded fucks happy. If you go on the radio I'm gonna cut myself because you said FTI in 2002.

Jesus Christ, listen to the music or go listen to something else. This dudes doing his career his way and probably gives ZERO fucks about your opinion of one single that was released.