The Official Special Effects Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
A ghetto street anthem.

Now THAT'S some Tech shit I never thought I'd hear.

All it needs is an official remix featuring Planet Asia, E40, Erk Tha Jerk, and Too Short.

Feb 28, 2008
Not bad at all for a radio single. Seems like the "hardcore" tech fans don;t like it while casual hip hop listeners are loving it.

So in other words it's doing exactly what a single should.

Aug 27, 2007
^i wouldn't worry about that bridge til it comes

the problem isn't so much that tech has sold out (which he entirely has to a degree). its that he goes so far out of his way to claim he would never change his style to fit the mainstream format ("tech will never go mainstream the mainstream will go tech" blahblah) when its exactly what he has done.he fills his albums w/bullshit songs like this that are made w/the sole intention of selling out (compromising to appeal to the mainstream audience)...he wants to trick his fans into thinking he''s not "having his cake & eating it too" which is my only gripe...just admit your trying to get $$$ so youre working w/bullshit acts like 2chains and i cant hate on ya.

that said, this song is fucking awful (imo ofcourse)

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
I'm at the point where I don't give a fuck if old school fans like his changes.

I'd hate to be suppressed by a fan base if ever I got that talented as a filmmaker.

It doesn't even seem like the "old school" fans are the ones bitching about him doing stuff with mainstream rappers.

I've been listening to tech since absolute power and so have my friends and none of them have ever bitched about the features he's done. We actually thought it's pretty cool seeing someone grow In success like that.

Imo it's these people who have just jumped on recently and heard KOD and then expecting him to be like that all the time when if they look back Tech has always been doing party tracks since day 1.

Or it could just be the juggalo fans, they sure like bitching at anything and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008

the problem isn't so much that tech has sold out (which he entirely has to a degree). its that he goes so far out of his way to claim he would never change his style to fit the mainstream format ("tech will never go mainstream the mainstream will go tech" blahblah) when its exactly what he has done.he fills his albums w/bullshit songs like this that are made w/the sole intention of selling out (compromising to appeal to the mainstream audience)...he wants to trick his fans into thinking he''s not "having his cake & eating it too" which is my only gripe...just admit your trying to get $$$ so youre working w/bullshit acts like 2chains and i cant hate on ya.

that said, this song is fucking awful (imo ofcourse)

Your selective memory is majorly coming into play here. Tech has always had bullshit "single" songs on his albums. Slacker, I'm a playa, bout ta bubble, caribou lou, etc..

The only difference now is he actually can get the collabs that he is reaching for now.

Last edited:

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Why not? Are you not into forward perspective? I'd like to pretend I live in the here and now, but I'm always looking forward. That bit of perspective that I've taken has loosened me up to previous expectations from people who are just like me; they want to grow artistically, to challenge themselves, and to create something new. If they're not like that, it's likely they are selling their talents for the monetary gain only.

So, I'm not sure the whole "selling out" thing ever applies to Tech N9ne and Travis. They are both businessmen, Travis more so. With Tech, he didn't have business sense when he started. Travis has said that many times. So, what I see on the business side (5-version CD cash grabs) isn't simply a cash grab. I mean, OF COURSE it's a cash grab. You'd do something similar with renown in an area of artistic strength, if you were smart.

I see them growing and accepting standard ways of salesmanship. e.g. the catchy song and multiple CD versions for sale. There are discerning fans out there that absolutely buy the top-tier package because they want the memorabilia and renown of their own for collecting. Tech's got business-minded ideas that do work. He does make very good moves in regard to selling himself. So, if selling out is "learning the business", from my perspective, it all makes a hell of a lot more sense than it did to me years ago when I felt the way you do in regard to Tech's expansion into stardom.

It doesn't even seem like the "old school" fans are the ones bitching about him doing stuff with mainstream rappers.

I've been listening to tech since absolute power and so have my friends and none of them have ever bitched about the features he's done. We actually thought it's pretty cool seeing someone grow In success like that.

Imo it's these people who have just jumped on recently and heard KOD and then expecting him to be like that all the time when if they look back Tech has always been doing party tracks since day 1.

Or it could just be the juggalo fans, they sure like bitching at anything and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, K.O.D. seemed to set a standard for him at the time, but we are all long removed from that era. It'd be silly to expect him to make a dark and emo album every year. It's silly, really, to expect that kind of thing from a guy who has never recycled an idea for a cash grab. They all collectively step forward on every album.

Your selective memory is majorly coming into play here. Tech has always had bullshit "single" songs on his albums. Slacker, I'm a playa, bout ta bubble, caribou lou, etc..

The only difference now is he actually can get the collabs that he is reaching for now.
Absolutely right.

Aug 27, 2007

absolutely not. my issue w/this song isn't that its a "party track"...i fuckin love the majority of tech's "party tracks"...einstein, ima playa, caribou lou, shit is real, party the pain away...all classics. my issue is exactly as stated. tech wants to pretend he's not attempting to "go mainstream" when he clearly is. this song is not "the mainstream going tech"...now fragile, THAT is the mainstream going tech. he took a song unlike everything on radio, got a famous & TALENTED (<---that parts important) rapper on it, & got credit the "tech n9ne" way...thats extremely commendable. "he actually can get the collabs that he is reaching for now"? yeah, because he is famous & clearly "reaching" out to bullshit artists because they are as well. its not like he's been desperate for a verse from a fuckin 2chains or wiz khalifa for years

maybe you're having "selective memory"?...anyone remember "FTI TIL I DIE!"?...

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
absolutely not. my issue w/this song isn't that its a "party track"...i fuckin love the majority of tech's "party tracks"...einstein, ima playa, caribou lou, shit is real, party the pain away...all classics. my issue is exactly as stated. tech wants to pretend he's not attempting to "go mainstream" when he clearly is. this song is not "the mainstream going tech"...now fragile, THAT is the mainstream going tech. he took a song unlike everything on radio, got a famous & TALENTED (<---that parts important) rapper on it, & got credit the "tech n9ne" way...thats extremely commendable. "he actually can get the collabs that he is reaching for now"? yeah, because he is famous & clearly "reaching" out to bullshit artists because they are as well. its not like he's been desperate for a verse from a fuckin 2chains or wiz khalifa for years

maybe you're having "selective memory"?...anyone remember "FTI TIL I DIE!"?...
You're one of them people who are immature AS FUCK about music.

Just because YOU don't like the artist Tech works with all the sudden Tech is going mainstream???(You like radio songs like fragile, but dislike Hood go crazy)

That is some bullshit ass way of thinking. Tech's rapping in Hood go crazy has not changed AT ALL. It's still same ole' tech. And yeah since day 1 Tech been talking about always wanting to work with the biggest rappers of the time. He wants to get noticed any way possible.

And FTI stands for fuck THE industry. Not fuck the RAPPERS in the industry.

Unless he sells strange music to some big label and signs a record deal with them its still FTI.

And in all honestly what on the radio sounds like "Hood go crazy" nothing....Tech still got that unique flow and lyrics....

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2007
...what?i'm immature because tech is working w/shitty mainstream artists?i really dont even see the connection you were going for.

my point was that "fragile" ISN'T a radio song.thats why it getting as much attention as it did is super respectable. when did tech say he wants "to get noticed anyway possible"?..."you like my album you play it, i aint paying no dj to play my shit"

sorry to break it to you, but 2chains is not one of the biggest rappers of all time...

FTI wasn't "FUCK THE INDUSTRY...but please let me be apart of it"...tech has put that shit to bed anyway, i only brought it up because of the irony.

in all honesty, besides techs verses, which arent terrible, "hood go crazy" sounds exactly like a shitty song that gets about 50 spin and dies off the radio.its a all around weak effort.boring production, awful hook, awful feature...the fact that this is a single, yet "party the pain away" was a goddamn "preorder bonus track" blows my mind

Nov 4, 2005
These arguments are silly. He is gonna work with anyone who recognizes him. 2 chains recognized tech and respected him for gettin money. Why wouldn't he use that single for the radio when 2 chainz has radio play like crazy. I like the beat, that shit bangs, I could give a shit if the lyrics are not mind blowing, its a party song, that's all it is, happy music

Aug 27, 2007
But they're features on HIS album released by HIS label so... You're wrong on that one.
uh...you must of missed the point tech was getting @ w/that quote. he was not suggesting "the mainstream will go tech because i will put mainstream artists on MY albums and try to make music for the mainstream on MY label"

he was saying he will never conform to the mainstream, but the mainstream will have to accept his music as is & conform to tech...never thought that could go over someones head, yet here we are

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
It definitely didn't go over his head, though, I think your view of his career is totally different from the rest of us.

Tech's never said he didn't want to work with industry people. And big surprise to no one, he's been working with mainstream industry artists since Absolute Power.

So, I'm not sure of this point you seem to be driving at in regard to his mainstream sensibilities.