The Official Special Effects Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 27, 2007
Tech released the intro track "interVENTion" & "dyin flyin"...both reallyreally dope

hard to get overly excited about new tech albums these days when they all suffer from the same flaws.tech is gonna murder it, but hes gonna go out of his way to fill the album w/shitty guest features that do nothing but hurt the overall quality of the work...leading to another "what coulda been..." album experience...aka every "solo" tech album released since "killer"

one other huge mistake...he finally got eminem to drop a verse for his album and its for "worldwide choppers 2"...really?...he coulda had his epic "renegade" track he's been trying to acquire for over a decade...but instead he throws eminem on the posse track that would have already gotten attention on its own WHEN eminem isnt even a fast rapper???????em dropped 4 fast bars in one track (rap god) and now hes a "chopper"???...what the fuck.how could tech not realize how much he's blowing a career defining moment...yes, the song is gonna be HUGE now, but i guarantee 99% of the comments your gonna see about the track are gonna be tearing apart em's verse.either "he was offbeat" or "eminem ruined it" or "eminem didnt rap as fast as everyone else" & the beauty of tech/em finally making a track together will be lost in the process...whatever.../rant

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
Tech released the intro track "interVENTion" & "dyin flyin"...both reallyreally dope

hard to get overly excited about new tech albums these days when they all suffer from the same flaws.tech is gonna murder it, but hes gonna go out of his way to fill the album w/shitty guest features that do nothing but hurt the overall quality of the work...leading to another "what coulda been..." album experience...aka every "solo" tech album released since "killer"
the real flaw is that he's rushed every album since Everready. The features are just so he can finish a song faster.

Aug 27, 2007
the real flaw is that he's rushed every album since Everready. The features are just so he can finish a song faster.
thats partially true, but not entirely. the abundance of features usually fit in one of three categories...1)an unknown/up&coming (usually KC) artist tech is giving a shot (an admirable deed, but not worth damaging the quality of his art imo) or 2)a big name artist that tech grabs for a feature simply to garner attention from a wider audience...again, understandable from a business standpoint, but i cant think of one time that i was actually excited/impressed w/one of these features besides maybe ice cube...third being your point, features just to get the product out & not have to craft more verses @ the tech n9ne caliber

Aug 23, 2002
Everready is your favorite Tech album tho?
Truthfully, Absolute Power is my favorite CD of all time, but nothing at all will ever top that CD. Not Tech, not anyone, because it has memories attached to it. Everready is close second afterwards though. That CD was so well put together that I still have the actual original CD in my car that I bought the day it released. There's only 1 song on the whole CD i don't enjoy (Fuck Em Girl).

Special Effects has tons of hype behind it (the Kanye forum has a 15 page thread on it, compared to a Strange supported site it's ridiculous), so I hope that it lives up to it. Love the intro so far.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
The concept that he uses features to get a product out quicker seems to be complete nonsense when you look at how many features he's wanted over the years but had to pass on because they couldn't complete things within his release window. When this happens, he either does another verse or we get a Kaliko verse/hook that was already laid down and would've been removed had the feature not panned out.

I personally don't think that the quality of the product is suffering from a "rushed" schedule. There are numerous areas of his release that are grown over the years. I do think that the "rushed" schedule has deluted his music a little however. In terms of the attachment to it and such, because fans aren't given time to really soak it in like they were previously. Any time I've gone to a concert, it seems to be the older stuff that people had years to play out until the next release that get the crowds the hypest. Maybe it's because I'm ending up in crowds that are primarily made up of the older fans. Eh.

As for Em... have you not listened to some of his newer stuff? Other than Rap God of course. He's definitely taken on a "choppy" style as of late. Heck, Yelawolf wasn't all that fast on the first WWC either. Besides... maybe this was Tech's best chance of getting Em on the album. Trying to get him on a "generic fast rap track" might've allowed Em to lay his verse quicker than if Tech had tried to get him on a thought provoking/deep/meaningful track again. Probably easier to convince him to jump on a track that might have a couple other names on as well than just one with him and Tech.

Aug 27, 2007
As for Em... have you not listened to some of his newer stuff? Other than Rap God of course. He's definitely taken on a "choppy" style as of late. Heck, Yelawolf wasn't all that fast on the first WWC either. Besides... maybe this was Tech's best chance of getting Em on the album. Trying to get him on a "generic fast rap track" might've allowed Em to lay his verse quicker than if Tech had tried to get him on a thought provoking/deep/meaningful track again. Probably easier to convince him to jump on a track that might have a couple other names on as well than just one with him and Tech.
im very familiar w/all em's material.what song/songs are you referring to where he has a "choppy" style?...theres 2 bars near the end of "guts over fear" i guess...but other than that...maybe a bit in "vegas" (amazing fucking verse btw)...quicker than his old flow, but not "chopping" imo.

all we can do is speculate on what em would & wouldent be willing to give tech as far as a verse, but i'd think it was the opposite.getting em for a verse where he can do something he's accustomed to seems like an easier request than taking him totally out of his element & having him pretty much enter a speed rapping competition knowing how scrutinized his performance is gonna be...im honestly surprised tech was able to get him to even be on WWC2...last i heard, tech still hadn't received the verse & as hes done before, it would be a massive fuck-up if he hyped up eminem being on the track & didnt get a verse in time...all his/eminem's fans are hyping the shit out of this song and it will leave a black eye on the whole project if it doesnt come to fruition @ this point, so i really hope (for us & tech) eminem realizes such & makes this track a priority.

ragnorak, the strange prerelease has 2 tracks: "interVENTion" & "flyin dyin"

Feb 9, 2006
The 5 versions of Special Effects that you can preorder are:

VERSION 1: Standard Special Effects CD version (includes a limited edition Special Effects t-shirt [XL only], a Strange Music sticker and 2 free download tracks) - $18.98

VERSION 2: Standard Special Effects VINYL version (includes a limited edition Special Effects t-shirt [XL only], a Strange Music sticker and 2 free download tracks) - $24.98

VERSION 3: Autographed Special Effects CD with a bonus, behind-the-scenes DVD and a limited edition collectible Special Effects coin, finished in fine .999 silver (includes a limited edition Special Effects t-shirt [XL only], a Strange Music sticker and 2 free download tracks) - $27.98

VERSION 4: Autographed Special Effects CD with a bonus, behind-the-scenes DVD and a limited edition collectible Special Effects coin, finished in fine .999 silver, the vinyl version of Special Effects and the limited edition paperback Something Else and Beyond art book from the minds of Tech N9ne and Rob Prior (includes a limited edition Special Effects t-shirt [XL only], a Strange Music sticker and 2 free download tracks) - $99.98

VERSION 5: Autographed Special Effects CD with a bonus, behind-the-scenes DVD and a limited edition collectible Special Effects coin, finished in fine .999 silver, the vinyl version of Special Effects, the limited edition paperback Something Else and Beyond art book from the minds of Tech N9ne and Rob Prior plus a limited edition, ONLY available through preorder, 24"x36" canvas print of the Special Effects cover, autographed by Tech N9ne, along with a certificate of authenticity* (includes a limited edition Special Effects t-shirt [XL only], a Strange Music sticker and 2 free download tracks) - $299.98

Nov 14, 2002
^^^ ICP style cash grab shit

Anyway I heard those songs last night and I'm wondering... Is Tech putting out an album to do some type of rap musical?

Cuz I'm at the age where I don't give a fuck admitting that I think that would be dope as fuck.

im very familiar w/all em's material.what song/songs are you referring to where he has a "choppy" style?
Do you mean "chopper" style?

Rap God.

Obvious answer is obvious, no? Or were you just throwin' your bobber in the water?

Last edited:

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah

one other huge mistake...he finally got eminem to drop a verse for his album and its for "worldwide choppers 2"...really?...he coulda had his epic "renegade" track he's been trying to acquire for over a decade...but instead he throws eminem on the posse track that would have already gotten attention on its own WHEN eminem isnt even a fast rapper???????em dropped 4 fast bars in one track (rap god) and now hes a "chopper"???...what the fuck.how could tech not realize how much he's blowing a career defining moment...yes, the song is gonna be HUGE now, but i guarantee 99% of the comments your gonna see about the track are gonna be tearing apart em's verse.either "he was offbeat" or "eminem ruined it" or "eminem didnt rap as fast as everyone else" & the beauty of tech/em finally making a track together will be lost in the process...whatever.../rant
Stop.

Nov 14, 2002
Yeah everyone... Knock off all that talking about Tech N9ne on the Strange Forum!

Looks like I'll be seeing Tech at Irving Plaza May 23rd. Who's gonna be there? Oh right you all live in the boonies. Would it be terribly wrong of me to speculate that he'll be touring with a live band this time around?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2004
This might be his best album since Anghellic...I like the way the album starts off and all of the little snippets we heard from various places...i like what i hear so far...but need to hear more, obvi

Aug 27, 2004
This might be his best album since Anghellic...I like the way the album starts off and all of the little snippets we heard from various places...i like what i hear so far...but need to hear more, obvi

Feb 28, 2008
Yeah everyone... Knock off all that talking about Tech N9ne on the Strange Forum!

Looks like I'll be seeing Tech at Irving Plaza May 23rd. Who's gonna be there? Oh right you all live in the boonies. Would it be terribly wrong of me to speculate that he'll be touring with a live band this time around?

Hey there ya go you got a show this time around....when's the last time he has came around your way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk