The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
Got through Planet for the second time and thought I'd chime in on...

As per usual, I hate Mackenzie Nicole and her god awful POP cadence that DOES NOT SUIT Tech's arrangement's. All his verses are fire and then the hook happens with her shitty singing. ALL of the hook's on damn near EVERY track she's on just EAR RAPES my ear drums in the worst way possible and that say's a lot given how open minded and diverse my taste is musically.

Other than the tracks that have dropped before the release (Drink Up, Bad JuJu, Don't Nobody Want None, No Reason) which were all dope IMO, Comfortable and Fresh Out w/ Swisher Sleep are the only ones I'm really fucking with...

Also, the "new school" hook's (Particularly on Habanero, Red Byers, How I'm Feelin', Not A Damn Thing, etc.) just don't do it for me and that's the first time I'm probably saying this too because I dug the majority of the previous auto-tune spot's as they were executed in a way which was dope, this shit is just weak and sonically it just sound's like he's reaching to be relevant a little too much. I know the dark fan's always bitch and moan and have been since forever but I'd be faking it if I were to say this isn't lacking in some respect...

I feel this is pretty much why the OG's including myself or the remainder of his pre-Strange fanbase don't really fuck with the new shit like that anymore unless it's a feature or it's literally on something reminiscent of the older material. I personally want more of the harder/gangsta/hip-hop shit...

This new sound's way too poppy/soft given how hard and consistent he brings it lyrically. There's no way I'm bumping even half of this in the whip shit is borderline Eminem with the approach in the sense that he's sonically just watered down and considering he's a favourite artist of mine it's pretty disappointing...

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2002
Life, for the most part, getting better and better
Fuckin dope man... Me too. A lot of friends from here are doing very well, from what I've kept up with.

To contribute to the Off Topic subject... I just subscribed to PlayStation Now. Its 20 bucks a month and there are 300 games. I fn love it. Microsoft is killing it though with their service and the exclusives coming out day of release.

Speaking of which, where's Kirby?

Nov 4, 2005
Fuckin dope man... Me too. A lot of friends from here are doing very well, from what I've kept up with.

To contribute to the Off Topic subject... I just subscribed to PlayStation Now. Its 20 bucks a month and there are 300 games. I fn love it. Microsoft is killing it though with their service and the exclusives coming out day of release.
Speaking of which, where's Kirby?
I got xbox and I love the free games they give out. And the backwards compatility is really the winner. Plan on get the xbox one x at some point but got better focusing on other things in life before pleasure

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
I just want to know how Strange have the current Pre-Order tracks encoded in shitty fucking 128kbps?

... 128kbps... in 2018... Even better is the fact that if I go through my download folder spanning back to 2008, the bitrates for each pre-order track decrease from 320 as each year goes by which makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever.

Feb 1, 2018
I just want to know how Strange have the current Pre-Order tracks encoded in shitty fucking 128kbps?

... 128kbps... in 2018... Even better is the fact that if I go through my download folder spanning back to 2008, the bitrates for each pre-order track decrease from 320 as each year goes by which makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever.
at least you save a lil bit of storage....lol

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
lol I got 4TB of storage for music, so space isn't an issue, although the quality of the music I'm downloading is.

Most web/newsgroup/scene downloads are no less than 320 and that's more often than not coming from a pirated source. Any less and they get nuked. You'd think that an official release that's bundled with a $40 or more purchase would be in a decent bitrate.

When played on a quality home/in-car stereo system it sound's as good as a looped fart...

Nov 4, 2005
Ddddduuuudddeee I literally emailed strange about this. Cuz I love the planet preorder track but I'm so pissed to have that horrible quality, I asked them for a flac or uncompressed, I hear the compression and ocd kicks the fuck in with shit like that

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
Ddddduuuudddeee I literally emailed strange about this. Cuz I love the planet preorder track but I'm so pissed to have that horrible quality, I asked them for a flac or uncompressed, I hear the compression and ocd kicks the fuck in with shit like that
Likewise man, I hear you bro, it makes no sense whatsoever. I honestly don't think it's too much to ask given the current state digitized music is in.

128kbps just doesn't cut it.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
Seven's not going anywhere anytime soon given that he's appointed as Strange's in house producer.

Whether that's a good or a bad thing is the question seeing as how over saturated the majority of every Strange release has been with his beats, Tech in particular. I dig Seven, he's a cool dude and his talent behind the boards are clearly evident, but sonically I'm just a little sick of his soundscape and would rather hear Tech and Co. over something a little more different/refreshing.

Nov 4, 2005
Hearing seven produce for the other artists on strange I tend to like alot more than the choices tech seems to use from seven. He is talented and I love him as a producer... but either tech is asking for shit for him to produce that I just dont agree with tech to rap over, or he tech is using stuff from him I don't agree with for tech to rap over. Basically the same either way I am looking at it obviously, but I hear what Rittz latest album had with seven producing for him and it just blows my mind why tech doesn't use the same sort of selection. I loved Rittz beats he used. So Long I fucking absolutely love. Dork Rap was great. The fuck is going on in techs head for his stuff?! dont get me wrong, not all of planet is bad beat wise, but some of the stuff I just cannot get into. And again, the one song 'Planet' should have been on the album or at least released onto iTunes so I can have a better quality version of the song! I will not get over this until it gets released in higher quality.