The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
To be honest I havent seen the whole film so I dont know either.. I didnt think much of the project when it was laid out to me but I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer, despite it being all over the place.

If you took out the "filmmaker" side, would this be something youd be interested in watching? Clerks comparisons being obv, btw.

Also, do you think it would be in dudes best interest to cut together a 30 second spot? Im feeling like he should push 30 second spots.. Tight cuts, all anger IMO.
After watching the first trailer, as a consumer, I'd likely not be interested in it because of its lack of clarity. I tend to stray away from films that are marketed in a way where I'm not positive of the message being delivered.

But yes, I would cut that into multiple solid 30-second clips, utilizing the montage effect and then drop anecdotal information like the conversation in the middle of the existing trailer. Even if the point isn't particularly clear, it can be forgiven as a 30 second trailer. With anything that is considered a "full trailer", not giving the audience a clear understanding can be detrimental to the film's berth.

I would definitely urge creating some solid-beat short trailers that both sell the idea, and play up the overall insanity of the job position. That would hold my attention and give me quicker insight as to what's being sold to me.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
What do you think Immortal Techniques daily life is like? He wakes up, researches new conspiracy theories, probably posts on some forums about how the government is trying to control our minds by using the Trix rabbit to send subliminal messages to have children chant the secret mantra that summons the men in black suits that take you in the night and bring you to a hospital where they implant the device then put you back in bed without you knowing. Then he eats a Clif bar goes back to bed.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2008
Was anyone else surprised by Travis's daughters song on the album?? Not bad at all. And here when she first started singing I thought we were going to witness a cringe fest of her sucking and Travis trying to push her still.

Nov 14, 2002
So I moved from NY to a few feet from Reno Nevada...

The radio station 95.5 is playing straight fire. It's an "oldschool" station, which I guess means Biggie, Pac, NAS, Electric Underground, Jay-Z, 50 etc. They're playing the best songs all fuckin' day.

Hot 97 (the NY rap/hip-hop station) only played shit that sounded like this...

"Herrrmmm shrwwwn ah drnn, thrrts hrrw mrrrw nbleps blarrgh blargh AND IF YA herplf grmchblf"..

How the fuck is it, that I have to move to the boonies to hear some decent rap? I'm duckin' tumbleweeds, and I finally get to hear Ghetto Boys or Onyx on a radio station. Der Ferk?

Aug 20, 2006
FLA

anyone else catch this around the 2:40 mark?

So I moved from NY to a few feet from Reno Nevada...

The radio station 95.5 is playing straight fire. It's an "oldschool" station, which I guess means Biggie, Pac, NAS, Electric Underground, Jay-Z, 50 etc. They're playing the best songs all fuckin' day.

Hot 97 (the NY rap/hip-hop station) only played shit that sounded like this...

"Herrrmmm shrwwwn ah drnn, thrrts hrrw mrrrw nbleps blarrgh blargh AND IF YA herplf grmchblf"..

How the fuck is it, that I have to move to the boonies to hear some decent rap? I'm duckin' tumbleweeds, and I finally get to hear Ghetto Boys or Onyx on a radio station. Der Ferk?
I'm sure it won't be long til you realize they have a playlist of about 50 songs that they play over and over until the end of time and you get bored of it. I haven't listened to the radio in forever.