The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO WRITE AN ARTICLE TITLED "Ten things to know about before watching The Avengers" THEN END IT BY TELLING THE FUCKING READER WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE MOVIE?

Damnit, people.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Damnit, I'm mad as fuck about this. lol

I've been in love with this movie project Marvel's created since its inception, and not once have I had any of the hinted-at subplots and leads spoiled for me.

This is the big finish to a five movie arc and I know how it ends/begins.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Seems like curiosity killed the cat.... Is it not a good movie??
It was shoddy writing. Like I said, the article was about things(characters, plot devices, villains) that were already known, but were elaborated on further. The very last point was what happens during one of the two end credits sequences and gives way to a much larger threat, one only hinted at in other films. The subplot that I read won't be fully included in The Avengers, but will be a leaping point for the next series of films.

It did have a spoiler warning, but I didn't think I would need one since he was covering all information that is known currently about the story and arcs from all the movies combined. Plus, I had already lightly scrolled down the page and was reading bits about characters and the tesseract when I scrolled to the end and saw what I saw. All it took was a picture to ruin the whole thing for me. I didn't even have to read the paragraph underneath it.

Wouldn't you think an article titled in such a way wouldn't include things that are completely unknown? It should have been called "Nine things to know about The Avengers and one thing I already know that you don't until you see the movie in a week and I sure hope you don't mind being spoiled by the picture I've put two lines directly below point 9 which is not a spoiler but now that you know you can prepare to stop scrolling the page for the 10th point".

WitaC

Sicc OG
Oct 17, 2006
So tomorrow I go meet with principals (I'm a teacher) and Friday I can apply for some jobs that have come open.....

everyone, if you pray, please hit me with some love and blessings and good vibes and white light and all that type of stuff.

WitaC

Sicc OG
Oct 17, 2006
Good luck if its not too late. If it is too late, how'd it go?
i'm pretty low right now. Here is the entire situation...(i need to vent a little). I have a degree in Social studies education. emphasis in Cultural geography, minor in History. I finally moved back to the same town as my family (after moving away when I was 16) and wont leave again. My wife's family also lives here, and we are very close to both families. So I graduate last year and deal with the mad scramble to get jobs in my town and in education. Teachers can't be hired year round like other jobs, essentially, you have 2 to 3 months a year to find a job. I didn't find a 'Full Time Educator' position, I did find a position as a Special Education Assistant. I get paid less than a third of what a teacher makes, and deal with most of the harder kids. Now, I LOVE my job...its awesome and the kids I work with are a lot of fun. It is very rewarding; I'm not using my degree though.

Not being an FTE means I can not apply for positions for next year until tomorrow, even though positions are posted. I see 2 positions in my district for this upcoming year and can do nothing about them. It sucks. What is more frustrating is everyone I work with (1 of 2 highschools in the area) say that I am a phenomenal teacher and need to be in the classroom and that if they have a position, I'd be a shoe in.......they don't though.

So today I go to meet with the 2 principals who DO have jobs (after my principal called them and told them they need to check me out and hire me because i'm a 'RockStar'. Now while i'm definitely not a great teacher yet, I'm pretty good and i build relationships like a mad man. My rapport with kids is most definitely my strength, and that aids my teaching ability.

I was told today, though, that my Social Studies degree is probably not enough to get hired. I need experience, I need a second content area, I need to be able to coach. Apparently Half of the highschool teachers in the district think I'm good enough and WANT me as part of their team, but other principals dont think that means a think....

fucking frustrating man.

next few months is going to be rough.....any time you think about it, hit me with some love...I'll keep you guys posted on whats going on (even if 90% or more of you give 0 shits about it...haha)

May 7, 2008
dont let them get into your head bro you know what your worth!!

How are you suppose to get this "expierence" they require if none of them give you a go ?? pretty fucked situation.. goodluck man.