The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 30, 2008
Hell yeah. I miss playing Borderlands, big time.

I hope they put a little more into the story this time 'round, though. I never did care about whatever the hell I was out blasting things for.

Nov 14, 2002
Dear Bungie,

I don't play Halo. But I played ODST because it cost me twenty bucks. Now that I've completed the solo campaign, I have just one comment...

I'm pretty sure you forgot to make the last half of the game. All I had to do was hold a few guys off with two other guys and rocket launchers? Was that a boss battle? And then after the credits your epilogue is a teaser for what should be the last half of the game that I can only assume you expect me to purchase for an additional 60 dollars?

This is why I don't play Halo.

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah ODST was a snore, and that's coming from a fan of the series.

But that's a bit like saying I don't listen to Tech because I listened to Mixed Plate first. A little unfair maybe?

Nov 14, 2002
I played the first Halo A LOT. Played through the 2nd on about halfway... It's the same game all the time with Halo, only in ODST you get to feel confined, lonely, and on the brink of death the whole time instead of being in colorful, open environments with team members like the first.

Sucked.

Sep 17, 2008
Fuck borderlands & Fallout 3. I got so far in fallout 3 but forgot to save, so after i shut it off and saw i had to redo shit i was said fuck this game. Now borderlands was good, i got so far, great game to play with friends, i was a high level. Unfortunately my Xbox got banned, and my game file was now "corrupt" so i had to delete it, and i haven't played it since.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever ( gearbox finished it)

so yea i still give them some blame for that game lol
No. Gearbox made the multiplayer portion.
The single player campaign was finished in 2007.

It tells you this in the game.

And judging a game like Borderlands because of another company's game that got bought by someone who worked on Duke Nukem 3D (Randy Pitchford) isn't fair at all. Especially since Borderlands is NOTHING like Duke Nukem.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Fuck borderlands & Fallout 3. I got so far in fallout 3 but forgot to save, so after i shut it off and saw i had to redo shit i was said fuck this game. Now borderlands was good, i got so far, great game to play with friends, i was a high level. Unfortunately my Xbox got banned, and my game file was now "corrupt" so i had to delete it, and i haven't played it since.
No save = Your fault.
You getting banned from Borderlands = Your friends or Your fault.

No sympathy here.

Also, in Fallout 3, the game autosaves everytime you enter a building, sleep, wait, or fast travel. You would have had some kind of save.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
The autosave can be turned off, though, so if he did it then it's definitely a bad wrap.

I played the first three hours of FFVII over and over until I got a memory card when I was a kid, and since then I haven't sweated if I miss a save. lol

May 7, 2008
why do u think gearbox only did the MP ?? every site i check reports gearbox was the company that picked up duke nukem after the previous companies failed. Gearbox instead of rebuilding the engine for modern times decided to use the previous work and build upon it in both single player and multiplayer. Gearbox also launched all the developer diaries on the game talking about all the things they did to it aswell which only conflicts if your correct.

but u say just mp ?? can u please show me where u get this from as all this time everywhere ive read says different.