Just a few notes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
• I figured out why Tech and Midwest artists get a following in the midwest, and people on the east are like... "Huh?"

I've played Tech for about a million people and the first thing out of every one of their mouths is what.... Go ahead guess.

"This guy is fast"

When me and my friend heard Tech for the first time we looked at eachother and were just like "This shit is the bomb"... The difference between those two reactions is that me and my friend had heard fast shit before so we weren't that amazed at the speed, but the style was sick! Everyone around here just hears "ratarataratarataratarataratarataratarata" and can't even for a second try and figure out what tech is sayin, and that applies for most of the fast midwest ish.... Kats around here listen to DMX, Biggie and shit. Real laid back. We're all fast paced around here and kick it with laid back shit, you guys seem to do the exact opposite. Even when I try to explain that it's not really that fast, it's just got a machine gun "pop" to it, they're still like "This mothafucka is muthafuckin' FAST!"•

•I only bring this up because of the talk of "Why doesn't this person blow" or "Why isn't this person on the radio here or there" type of shit. Judging by interviews and things I been hearin' here and there, seems like you KC kats just bitch about bein' KC kats, but you guys'll be KC kats for the rest of your lives because that's all you wanna be. I'm not bein' a dick but all these artists are out there just yellin "KCMO!" every chance they get, then wonder why they're all stuck in KC. Gaining a local crowd is one thing, but gaining a local crowd and then clingin' to their nuts while crying about not getting exposure is another.It's like, "Who the fuck is RDV? I dunno, just some kats outta KC". Just an outsiders opinion•

•Someone on my mailing list is from KCMO and claims the ecstasy scene is dead there. I'm tellin' them they're wrong. Anybody know a spot I can give them to prove them wrong? I'm not lookin to give out hookups and this person isn't looking for them, but I flat out told them that they are dead wrong and they gave me some shit.... I showed 'em a pic of Tech at the Uptown all blown up and was like... "This guy's in KCMO... So you must be fuckin' stupid". Just name a club they can go to so I can show them how useless they are. Thanks•

•A result of putting "Yung Gunz" into a search engine - Tech N9ne Tour dates - Vote for album tracks. Buy Absolute Power Online. Please Email With Comments or Questions. E-Teams. Siccness.Net. Tech N9ne HQ. Yung Gunz.•

Chevrolet

Aug 21, 2002
Really, ZER0....

Artist in KC do bitch about being in KC, but on the same token, people can relate unlike Nelly & Tha St. Lunatic's music that talk about streets in their city like we've been there before or shit that goes on there and expects us to buy that shit. We cant relate to them one bit but it keeps our heads bobbing, and I bet that if a KC artist like Tech was in the fans ears all day and night, the rap game wouldn't know what to do, but since they (St. Lunatics) are sticking their foot in the cheating door of the mainstream's office, they are put in everyones ear non-stop 24-7 and we feel like they are doing more than peope in KC. But actually, we keep it real, and if you are mainstream from KC, that's rare!!!

Trajik has done it, and actually very well. There are some things that I would like to see him do that he hasn't but that's not saying he needs work to do, it's just some stuff that I think would be good for him to do, but something that I wont do. If you understand what I am saying... It's like Mainstram in KC is unheard of, and the Market there is tough so it's like growing up in the projects of the rap game and when you are let loose in the industry with deals and shit and when shit goes sour, you know how to survive, feel me...?

Lets look at this real quickly...
What if JWhORe didn't go bankrupt, and the world was given "It's Alive" in a video, and we all know that Absolute Power wouldn't be what it is because of that, but what if that happened, then we had "Industry is Punks" later on video, and now "Imma Tell" and "I'm a Playa"... Those are 4 or 5 "HITS" that artists can't do consistently... What would the rap game do with him... It would hurt a lot of cats careers. I believe that he'd be a higher demand that 50 and Eminem? What you think????

Nov 14, 2002
I dunno.... Em puts out singles like there's no tomorrow. I think if Tech made it big he'd get lost in the shuffle just like every other rap artist that has talent out there.

BUT, what would be and what wouldn't be isn't an easy thing to assume when that situation doesn't exist. I can't speak on what if Tech was big, or anyone else for that matter. Plus I think you got me wrong, a little. I don't mean specifically KC artists either... Just seems like midwest kats are a bit too midwest ya know what I mean? Like, hows a guy gonna get his name out unless he DOES something somewhere? Everyone over there is HUGE when it comes to numbers in KC, but they don't do anything after that. It's like they think KC is the world, and there's nothing beyond it's borders.

What they're not realizing is that they're lucky that KC is so receptive to underground and local rap. Around here, as far as I can tell, local rap doesn't exist much beyond underground clubs.... Like shit I couldn't even show my white ass at unless I wanted to see half a show and then get shot for the encore, ya know? NY, and especially Long Island has always been a source of punk/hardcore/emo music... Word of mouth can only go so far as far as rap goes around here. I honestly don't have any kats I can be like "Listen to this shit" and they'd give it 2 seconds before they hear it's rap and just don't care. They're out here, but the music needs to find them, not the other way around if you want to make a mainstream audience.

I found the music, which is the only reason I ever heard of Tech N9ne in the first place. Now I'm all into a few midwest artists and haven't really put anything else on. You guys are right, fuckin east coast shit sucks, but nobody out here is going to find out if the KC artists don't try and leave KC with their shit.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
I think alot of people represent where they are from alot no matter where they are from. JD and all them made a whole song about it.

Plus its not that bad when you have one of TECHS trademark of
"KAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS CIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAYYY"

I dont think RES says KC once.

As for Tech blowing up. I beleive it will happen. And his CD's arent just 4 tight tracks, 3 singles and thats it. They are all tight songs that last.

Aug 21, 2002
The thing that I hate is how the East Coast rappers only tour on the East coast before they drop an album, show up on 106th & park talking about their shit and that's it. Plus, we rap way different, East coast rappers beat around the bush, and couldn't put a good diss song together if their life depended on it, because the way they put their words together doesn't allow them to get their point across, and they are always saying some shit like "I do shit like Scarface" "Or something like Biggie" "Or something like someone" and I get sick of that shit... Like this or like that. Us here in the MidWest, we spit it out like a story without branches veering off to the left and the right, but keeping on track!

Did you hear that "WACK" ass 50 diss tape with some DJ and Ja Rule on the front in red and black or some shit... I listened to the whole thing and was like, I'd rip these cats to death. They sucked... And while they were trying to diss him, none of the shit made sense. It was like a bunch of bullshit thrown together.. It'd be like,

Ja Rule: Yeah, I got my boy Such-N-Such, and he's bout to rip the G-Unit to shreads, spit that shit boy.....

Such-N-Such: Yeah, I manipulate flows, and blow holes through ya soul/ While I "push ya wig back,"(notice the famous "push ya wig back" phrase) and see ya moms get car jacked/ Like Scarface in the place of hoodniggas in Buroughs/ We so thurough your bullet proof vest wont hold hollows/ I'm a gargantuan to MC's that think they can touch me/ I fly clear to Bagdag on my jet and and blow up humvees... WTF!!!

Well that isn't a true rap, but I made it up, but do you et at what I am saying. It's cannot be true when you have words thrown together because it needs words to rhyme with it, but if you hear yada, yada, yada, or Wanna be paid, then those are to the point, and make sense...

Jan 12, 2003
MIdwest rapper rep there citys and midwest because of where we are. No real major cats have come from here and those who do rep the city they move to. So when they shop for there deals the record lables says "do you have your city and region locked down. because if you cant move your region we cant really tell if your going to be big somewhere else. And you wanna be know for being the kid who did it big for your spots and how many times have i heard the dirty south, all the brooklyn quotes you rep where your from and your city will loveyou. and all the rest will follow. If you got money to push it the world loves to be followers. I believe this market hasent really been looked closely at. ANd some people come from nothing and its a big deal to be the king of your city. thats all they want

Nov 14, 2002
Yo you guys got me all wrong here. I'm not talkin' about reppin KC or midwest shit. I'm talkin' more like promotions, and tryin' to make a name outside KC. It's like you guys flat out say "New York isn't going to like this shit, so we won't promote it there."

How's anybody gonna get the chance to like or not like it if you don't want to even TRY leaving the midwest?

Why do you think artists like Tech haven't been heard of around here when he's clearly one of, if not the best rappers in raps short history?

How bout those clubs? Prefferably one that someone can go into without fearing for their lives.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM

MasZive said:
East coast rappers beat around the bush, and couldn't put a good diss song together if their life depended on it, because the way they put their words together doesn't allow them to get their point across,
UMM......did you hear "Backdown" on 50's shit?
that is a tight-ass diss on JA....and 50 is east coast...

llcoolj's -CAN-I-BUS
biggie-kick in the door
jay's - takeover

there are some dope ass diss's from the east coast.....

Nov 14, 2002
Canibus- Second round KO
Plenty of KRS-1 diss tracks

That LL track is one of the hottest diss tracks I've ever heard, I don't care what any of ya have to say.