Follow Me Home 1st week sales

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Not to be a whistle blower, but I don't think Jay got a fair amount of promotion.
Part of it was that they focused on 6's and 7's until early June, though I did see TONS of stuff about Jay Rock's record coming from Tech's own Facebook page.

I wonder how much that's a Strange Music issue or a TDE issue. Kendrick Lamar managed to sell the EXACT same amount of SEction 80 and it was an iTunes-only release.

Will be interesting to see how things unfold.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Not to be a whistle blower, but I don't think Jay got a fair amount of promotion.
Part of it was that they focused on 6's and 7's until early June, though I did see TONS of stuff about Jay Rock's record coming from Tech's own Facebook page. And he dropped FOUR videos for the album in the span of a month. Not sure if much else could have been done.

I wonder how much that's a Strange Music issue or a TDE issue. Kendrick Lamar managed to sell the EXACT same amount of SEction 80 and it was an iTunes-only release.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Part of it was that they focused on 6's and 7's until early June, though I did see TONS of stuff about Jay Rock's record coming from Tech's own Facebook page. And he dropped FOUR videos for the album in the span of a month. Not sure if much else could have been done.

Nov 14, 2002
Does someone want to come in here and post about that guys "hood cred" and how he already has a following in the streets?

Good thing he got that Snoop bump.

#toldyaso

yea this album is the shit. more people needed to know about it. i call it the new chronic 2001.
Ha...

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah

Indeed. I was referring to how the Street Team's didn't get his promo shipments until the Friday before release. Something happened with printing or distributing on the promotion company's side that prints out Strange promo.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Well he didn't have any "hit" song on this, this was like 2 years after the peak of his hype, and his style of gangsta rap generally doesn't move units in today's market. Coupled that with a lot less promo than lynch got and it's to be expected really.