Five Finger Death Punch & Tech covering "Mama Said Knock You Out" (LL Cool J)?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Five Finger Death Punch & Tech covering "Mama Said Knock You Out" (LL Cool J)?!

interview_ffdp

Tobbe: What about the other guests, like Max Cavalera, Maria Brink, etc?

Zoltán: [...] And then the last one was Tech N9ne and today it's not okay to collaborate with anybody in hiphop. 10-15 years ago that was the norm and then we wouldn't have done it. Now, when it's not okay, when it's taboo, I wanna do it. That's the point, when you rebel, when you give that middle finger, because today this is a sacrilege. You don't touch hiphop, but fuck that, we're gonna and we did it. We had an idea to cover Mama Said Knock You Out. We thought it was the irony of Five Finger Death Punch, when people said Mama Said Knock You Out, it just kinda went hand in hand. LL Cool J was always somebody who was cool. Even metalheads are okay with him. Everybody's heard that song and everybody knows that one and people are down with him. He's cool, he's okay, right. He's an artist that everybody accepts. Then we made the song heavy and when Tech N9ne came it, we thought "Oh yeah, this is happening. Fuck it, Let's put it on the record".

Aug 27, 2007
just kill yourself now....PLEASE:hurt:
thats too much eh?not being overly excited about tech collabing w/some corny band to remake "momma said knock you out"...sounds like the definition of a hip hop/rock fusion done wrong.usually i would be excited, only for the tech verse, but this doesnt even offer that

Nov 14, 2003
my take...

If Tech writes a verse for it, I think it could be gold. If he just respits the same verses, then it may be disappointing. FFDP is already putting their unique spin on it by turning it into a metal influenced song, Tech needs to do his part with the verses... If not, you could take any noname fast rapper that can keep up with a metal tempo, have them do it instead and leave them uncredited... getting the same results.