DIRECTOR OF NEW DANNY TREJO & TECH N9NE MOVIE VENGEANCE TALKS ABOUT TECH N9NE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 16, 2006
Nice read.. here is the Tech N9ne portion of the interview for those too lazy to check the link..

What did Baby Bash and Tech N9ne bring to the mix?

Baby Bash has been a friend of ours for years and he’s never been in any film situation so I thought it would be good if we got him. So we just called him and asked if he wanted to do something and he said “Yeah!”. Noel G who played in ‘Street Kings’ and ‘Training Day’, who plays Diablo in the movie is a very very intense actor, he came along and I thought he and Bash would “work” together and that’s how that came about. Tech N9ne is a very interesting story because I’ve known him for about ten years from the music industry and I knew him from a friend of mine named Roger Troutman from Roger and Zapp who had passed away. Tech N9ne and I were good friends of Rogers, and being in the music business I’d been to a lot of shows with Tech N9ne and watched him grow. Nobody knew, nobody could have even foreseen, that at the time this movie is getting ready to come out that Tech N9ne is the number one independent underground rapper in the world. He is underground like Eminem was underground before he became a household name. Now Tech N9ne is a household name, but he’s a household name to the underground. So what’s happening is the underground always had their finger on the pulse, the big scene, and Tech is huge! He’s got millions and millions of fans, he did a a download and got like ten million people to download his music for free. He’s huge, and we’re really lucky to have Tech N9ne. You know Danny did Tech’s video “Like Yeah”, that’s his latest video and Danny was in that. So Tech is a really good friend of ours and as a matter of fact Tech is giving us a song for this movie.

That was my next question: What can you tell us about that Tech N9ne track?

It’s intense. It’s crazy! We’re working on putting a couple of songs together and that’s one of the reasons that we’re doing a push. We’re pushing back the release of ‘Vengeance’ because we’re getting a lot of people who have joined the Vengeance Army who are saying “Look I need a chance to push this out and I need a deadline on the Vengeance Army.” We have so many people who are signing on to give this away that we have to be fair to them. We’re pushing our release to 2010. Plus, who wouldn’t wait for a track from Tech N9ne from a movie he is in. So hopefully we’re going to get that straight. There is another friend of Danny’s who’s in the movie business and the music business who we are waiting to see if he’s going to give us a song but I can’t say who that is yet. But I will update you because I’m hoping to use you for our updates.

Is there anything that you’d like to add?

I think I clarified that it’s not that we didn’t have any takers, it was that we didn’t believe in the song and dance. You know, Tech N9ne did the same thing. He was trying to get major record deals and they just weren’t listening to him. So he did a campaign and it was “Fuck the Industry”, and he actually did a good job because now he’s big enough that he doesn’t need the labels. [laughs]

You know I think if I could say anything it would be “Fuck the independent distributor.” Let’s go to war with them that’s how I would say it, you know what I mean?! Let’s battle because that’s what’s goin on. I was talking to Tech and I was like “Look, I really like what you did and I think I have to do the same thing in the movie business.” I can’t get a major studio because you have to prove to them that things work then they come along. And it’s bad. So I’m like I gotta take the same anti-approach, fuck the independent distributors we’ll do it ourselves. That’s from me, not from Trejo, I’m coming out that way saying it. I can’t speak for Danny, Danny speaks for himself. But that’s the route we’re taking and it’s sad. I don’t know if you’ve ever had that type of situation but man it’s horrible for people! There are filmmakers out there that are just broken because no one ever told them “Hey, wait a minute, be careful!” With all the big dreams you’ve got to get out and hustle your product. And that’s why we’re doing ‘Vengeance’ where you can be in the next movie and we’ll probably continue to do it. You never know, we may find the next Danny Trejo out there, we may find the next Marlon Brando out there, or Nick Cage, or Meryl Streep, we may find a great one they just need that shot. If they’re willing to go out and tell the world about this movie so they can win this contest then you know they’ve got some hustle in them and that they really want to do something.

ECF'NW.

Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
Wow, it's really cool to see the whole FTI spirit again. If you read the whole article they are gunna see whoever gives away the most copies gets a role in the next movie. They are doing the whole Vengeance Army thing the same way Tech did the Strange Music thing giving the movies away free and what not. I tried goin to theyre web site but it says its needs updating cuz of all the ppl goin on there web site. good stuff