Black Oxygen to feature Tech N9ne & Kutt Calhoun on album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/29/2547306/black-oxygen-reforms-and-readies.html
Black Oxygen reforms and readies to sing the National Anthem at Arrowhead
TIMOTHY FINN

When we reported on David Lyle last year, he was another local musician seemingly on the verge of something big.

In late January 2010, he, his rock band, Black Oxygen, and its management traveled to New York to perform for several high-ranking entertainment executives.

Though the initial plans were promising and extravagant — including a possible reality TV show — everyone was hush-hush about the details. Lyle’s father and manager, Mike Lyle, said a week before the trip: “A lot of things have been set up in advance behind the scenes but … you just don’t know.”

His caution turned out to be prophetic.

What they didn’t know is that Black Oxygen would implode not long after the trip, and two of its band members left. Consequently, the second half of 2010 was spent rebuilding the group and its strategy. And now Black Oxygen will perform the National Anthem on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium before the Chiefs game with the Oakland Raiders.

David Lyle, the group’s singer and lead guitarist, spent three months in Los Angeles in the spring, working with record-industry professionals, learning as much as he could. In June, he returned to Kansas City and restarted the band. Things have gone well since, he said.

“We’ve been in the recording studio for three months, recording our full-length album, ‘The American Dream,’ ” Lyle said. “It should be released in March or April. Two of the singles are already on iTunes. We also have a new single coming out next month called ‘Pressure’ that features rapper Kutt Calhoun of Strange Music. ”

Strange Music is the home of rapper Tech N9ne, who is also on board to cut a single with the band in 2011, Lyle said.
Black Oxygen has also landed one of those iTunes singles, “Save Me,” on the soundtrack and the theater trailer to the upcoming horror movie “Pennhurst,” directed by Michael Rooker and starring Haylie Duff.

The new version of the band comprises Lyle, his brother Nick on drums, Matt Venegoni on rhythm guitar and Jordan Myer on bass. They just finished recording the album at Chapman Studios. Once the album is market-ready, Lyle said, the plans are to take the music on the road.

“We have some investors and labels looking at the band,” he said. “We will roll with the best opportunity. Once the album comes out, we’ll start touring and playing live shows. The new music sounds great.”

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I may be tossing a few memories into a blender and coming up with this after a spin on max but...

In a recently interview, hasn't Tech mentioned trying to sign a band? I know there was that band from out in California mentioned earlier in the year, but I'm thinking more recently (last month or two) it's been someone different... and maybe even Black Oxygen?

It's late so my mind might have already checked out for the night... but I seem to vaguely recall him mentioning that name recently.

Nov 14, 2002
As far as rock bands go... These guys are pretty fucking good. I don't know about that Grant Apple guy on the vocals, so I'd like to hear some new shit from them. I only found some fanpage with Black Leather Renegade and Cherish Her Eyeson it. Not too bad. Musically, they shit all over Dirty Wormz.

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
cool shit techs so good with music he cud take yer local garage band n turn them to pink floyd lol or tool