11/08 Mokena, IL (Chicago) show

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
So anyone up here go? Crowd was small at the beginning, but the show didn't even start on time (like 45 minutes later). Will say that Grave Plott put on their best live show yet, S&S was cool, Prozak had a good set but it seemed like he was on for less time that the first two acts. 30+ minutes before Tech comes out. Real tight set overall...the mini-sets from Kutt and Kali were off the chain, the little "radio" interlude was a fucking tease (I REALLY wanted to hear tech do his "Now It's On" verse), and the singing of happy Birthday from Tech was cool too (they acknowledged his b-day all night, along with Snug Brim who's birthday was at midnight).

A hot show top to bottom, glad there weren't any local acts before GP. GP, Kutt, Kali and S7S all hung out at their booths after the show. no Tech, and surprisingly no Prozak either. Overall turned out to be a real good sized crowd, though the extreme pat down at Pearl Room going on was a bit much (never was like that before). The bar was selling Caribou Lou, and advertising it. 10 bux a cup, sure they got paid that night!

Jun 29, 2008
I was there, got there early enough so I could get up close.

The show was the shit, I loved the whole thing. I wasn't a big fan of GP before but seeing them live completely changed my opinion on them. The shotgun to the head shit was fuckin' awesome, and I knew once Liquid promised he'd be back for another song that it would be 'Psycho Bitch II'.
S&S tore it up, I was really happy to see them do Shit Starter which is one of my favorite tracks.
Prozak was pretty awesome but whose that crazy ass dude with him? The guy that had his eyes buggin' out and was twitching the whole damn time?
Tech, Kaliko & Kutt completely killed it. I loved every last bit of it. I loved watching Tech and Kutt do 'I See It' while doing some MJ dance moves with it, 'Smilin' Faces' was awesome as well. It was hilarious when Kaliko straight up just started humping the chair when the chick came out late for 'Seven Words' and then watching him and Tech totally blow the shit up with 'Anxiety'. A pleasant surprise for me was having Kaliko perform 'Rewind' which I didn't expect.
I totally agree with you with the boombox thing. The stopped on so many songs I wanted Tech to perform. Seeing Tech do 'Come Gangsta' and 'Crybaby' live totally gave both of those songs new life for me, and seeing 'One Good Time' performed life was so ill, even though the mic went out on him for a bit.
It was hilarious right before the end singin' Bohemian Rhapsody at the end and the others.
Great night overall, best thing I've seen.

May 31, 2007
Im all late and shit... Imy comp been down but yea this show was fuckin off the chain man.. I was there Toward the midfdle for GP but when a pit started I got my ass upfront.. And lol at Prozak tellin the pit to move upfront since that security guard kept pushin people and shit

May 31, 2007
Oh and like they said above that shotgun shit for GP made there set better. He dripped some blood on that security guard too. Dude left before Tech thought, thank god.

Jun 29, 2008
prozaks hypeman is the shit
what is the with the shotgun?
Yeah, he was pretty entertaining. I didn't know if he did his own thing and had his own name or was just a lackey for Proz.

I don't remember what song they did it for but Killa C is rapping as LA goes in the back and grabs a shotgun. Then KC gets on his knees and the lights dim down as LA comes back out with the shotty and shoots KC in the head. After a while KC gets up and he's stumbling around the stage with blood dripping out of his mouth all over this knee long white T-Shirt.

It looked pretty awesome and he threw it out to the crowd but I wouldn't want to catch shit KC just dribbled all over.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
It's a blood cap that he pops inside his cheek. Hence the bleeding.

And I'm pretty sure if the kid gets on stage and hypes the crowd for Proz, he's got a name and is probably from the Saginaw area.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Yeah, he looked real familiar. He was dressed looking like he was a SoCal dude, though. Had his hat with the bent up bill and a biker chain attached to his wallet. I was real impressed with the dude. He showed me much respect.

May 31, 2007
yea that mothafucka was crazy with them bulginm ass eyes and to the dude that was talkin bout the songs with the shotgun IDK what the one was when he got shot but he rose up to Die Again