Cougnut memories

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
In the spirit of keepin Coug's name alive ( and the SB "Back In The Days" threads ), feel free to share some stories or memories of Coug here...

One of the things I loved about Coug most was one of the things I hated about him the most...it took HOURS to get him from point A to point B haha. If I had studio time in Santa Rosa at 3pm, I needed to pick him up at 10am...this also shows the amount of love Frisco ( and the Bay ) had for him...every block we'd go by, someone would flag him down and ask him to smoke or have a drink with 'em and he would gratiously take part. No matter who else at the time was comin to the studio ( Twan Goddi, Keise and the Groundhogz, Baldhead etc ) we were always on time but with Coug, it was a miracle if we even made it haha.

I know it's one of those times that you just 'had to be there', but Coug, RJ aka Lil Murda and I were hitting the studio in Santa Rosa to record "For My Thugs" for the first compilation. I called up a few broads, we had drink and smoke and we were gettin ready to roll. Of course we were all gettin lit ( at 50 bucks an hour studio time haha ) and Coug was sweet talkin a nice little broad. When it came time for him to do his verses, he gets in the booth and that monster voice comes boomin out and the girls got silent...after he came out the mood had changed, Coug was louder ( as we all were with the booze kickin in ) and the girls I brought must have gotten spooked cuz they all came up with excuses why they had to get goin haha. After we were done, I took RJ and Coug back to the city and was trying desperately not to get pulled over cuz I was shithoused. Coug decides we should stop in the Moe to say whattup to Lou E Lou. I make sure I got all incriminating evidence out of the car just in case we get pulled over. Coug comes to get back in the car and forgets he put a full MGD in his back pocket, which spills all over the passenger seat. He tries to mop it up with a paper bag which happens to be filled with blunt tobacco and weed, which only makes the car smell more like weed and beer. I still thank the powers above that I made it back home that night.

I still say that if I had one wish, it would be that he didn't get in that car Sept 2nd and was still around today, still makin music that I'd be the first in line to buy and still making me late to my own studio sessions. RIP COUG!

Nov 20, 2005
good shit bruh....sounds like those studio sessions were the good days, i can picture them beezies gettin scared off hearin the beast come outta cougnut!! haha..

R.I.P. to one of the realest COUGNUT

Sep 16, 2008
I downloaded all of those tracks they posted on his myspace and burned a CD out of them. It pretty much gets listened to daily. I own "back in the days" by IMP but i really only dig Cougnuts verses. He truely was one of the most talented and loveable rappers of our time. Hopefully he will get the recognition equal to those of eazy E and tupac one day.

Rest in Peace cougnut

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
im proud to be a big COUGNUT fan coming from L.A... When i played coug music loud on my ride i get peepz attention. Sometimez my friends ask me who the fuck is this? My answer is FRISCO LEGEND C.O.U.G.N.U.T...

Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com
For My Thugs fucking slaps! Cougnut killed that shit! One of my favorite tracks I've heard Cougnut on. I can't even think of a voice that is as monsterous as Cougnuts.

Hardcore Merciless - Straight Ruthless
You Cross The Wrong Line - Your Mouth'll Be Toothless
Fuckin' With N-U-T - That's A No No
Now You're Headless - Closed Casket At Your Funeral

Anyone else saying that wouldn't be half as ill.

But I Don't Roll Dirty - Never Have Never Will
And If I Did I'm Shootin' At Your Fuckin' Grill
When You Pull Me Over And Ask For My ID
*Clack Clack Clack* To Your Grill And I'm Out G
Strikin' Mad - Doin' Ninety Down One Oh One
Get To The Bridge Then I Throw The Mutha Fuckin' Gun

I dig I.M.P. lyrics.

Dec 25, 2003
Man Ive been a Cougnut fan since my senior year in high school & I was the only one outta the whole school bumpin him while everyone where stuck with the mainstream MTV rap shit...... Im glad that found the underground & thats what reely made me as a whole different person & Im glad Im not like other people since they are generic & have bad tastes in things, it frustrates me... Anywho, RIP COUGNUT 4 EVER!!!!!!

May 27, 2008
NO WITNESSES... One of my favorites also.

I.M.P., hardest and most vicious duo EVER.

Here's kind of a dumb question... Did Coug smoke cigarettes? Or was his voice always so gravelly? I've always wondered this as his and C-Fresh's voices are so powerful.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I've been a BIG Cougnut fan for about 6-7 years now... he was an original voice and emcee, and though I never got to see or meet him, he inspired me greatly... RIP to a Bay Area Legend...