Apt.3's ANTI-HYPHY campaign '09

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
If you're sick of 'going stupid retarded', listening to songs about '18...' or 'ghostriding...' then you're on the team...

I'm far from saying that the ORIGINATORS of that style are bad, I'm just sick of EVERYONE ELSE jumpin on their bandwagon

We're takin it back to that grimey MOBB SHIT as well as the deep underground HORRORCORE with the upcoming releases of Known Associates 3 and the Mobb Legacy: 10 Years Deep dvd...

Stand up if you've had enough with neon colors and rediculous glasses........

Apt.3/DNA Ent
Over 10 Years of Mobb Classics!

May 15, 2009
this thread should be proped 100000000 times mac dre could do it but that multi-color shit needs to go, i can't wait for known assoc 3, that double disc that gabe came out with is a instant classic should be up there with bay area playaz, isolated in the game, westcoast bad boys and so on

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
^Speak on it, let em know!!!!!!!!

Like I said, Dre, Fab, Federation...that's their thing, they originated that style! I'll never talk down on what they created...but damn, the rest of it is cheap awful copies...at least if you're gonna do it, try to do it BETTER than the originators, otherwise, move out of the way...

Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com
I like music that slaps, but too many people joc the style. The originators did it correct Mac Dre did it best. Rest of this shit got jacked like fucking low quality video rips. Word tho. If you gonna jack a style at least step your game up.

I see mother fuckers all the time from all over the US like thizz this thizz that thizz face say they like hyphy, that don't even know who Mac Dre is or Keak or FAB. I can't stand that shit.

Ghostriding is retarded. I like Oakland Sideshow shit tho. That's what's good.

I ain't into all this stunna shades, pastel colors, dancin', and shit. I like shit grimey and dirty. If I wanted to listen to low quality knock off shit I'd listen to the radio.

May 31, 2006
Believe me, some of the old mobb dudes are just now jumpin on the hyphy bandwagon...it's just awful. Thankfully, I think we're at the tail end of the dayglo nonsense...
sad but true, old mobb dudes are jumpin on that bandwagon. sad to say.. theyre pretty much sellin out. fuck all that. fuck ridin on 26's while fuckin your transmission up. i ride my blacked out 4 door mob on 17's, slappin 'Grave Digger.' i dont ghostride.... i fishtail! long live mobb shit!!!!

May 31, 2006
this thread should be proped 100000000 times mac dre could do it but that multi-color shit needs to go, i can't wait for known assoc 3, that double disc that gabe came out with is a instant classic should be up there with bay area playaz, isolated in the game, westcoast bad boys and so on
damn there needs to be more women like this!

Feb 24, 2006
i been leadin the pack i dont fuck wity hyphy shit never have never will. i was born 1980 . i fuks wit only real bay shit .. apt been reppin it right since day one.

fuk what they say HITMAN still the best

Dec 25, 2003
Im all for this too!!! That annoyin hyphy shit needs to die & the bay needs to return with that fresh n crisp original bay funk & mobb sh!t beeeotch!!!!!! Like Ive been campaignin earlier, where's the big bad ass Anthony Banks when we seriously need him cuz the bay sound aint funky without him......
Btw, would ya imagine a whole Dangerous Crew reunion track on this comin Known Associates comp produced by Ant Banks or better yet a reunion album reeleased by Apt.3??? Gabe, that would be sooo legendary right there isnt it??????

May 15, 2009
the one thing i notice about mob music or sf music in gerneral is you could put a nut or rbl song on from the mid 90's for someone that has never heard of them and i'm pretty sure they would think it's new...me and my boy always trip off of that, the shit that's put out from apt. is new as fuck but sounds like somethin' from the 90's and the other way around...that's what's seperate's us from the rest imo...nothing "sounds" out of date

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Im all for this too!!! That annoyin hyphy shit needs to die & the bay needs to return with that fresh n crisp original bay funk & mobb sh!t beeeotch!!!!!! Like Ive been campaignin earlier, where's the big bad ass Anthony Banks when we seriously need him cuz the bay sound aint funky without him......
Btw, would ya imagine a whole Dangerous Crew reunion track on this comin Known Associates comp produced by Ant Banks or better yet a reunion album reeleased by Apt.3??? Gabe, that would be sooo legendary right there isnt it??????
Always wanted to work with Banks...didn't get much funkier than Banks on production!

And I guess 'Hyphy' may be a bad choice, I'm talkin about most of the new stuff in general

Dec 25, 2003
Man I reely wish he can keep producing & maybe drop more albums but from where the game is at now, I think his time is done...... I miss him & Ill always bump his music to keep his legacy alive......

Jun 25, 2005
Well I think most of the hyphy dick riders have kinda faded off but whats up wit errybody rappin bout fuckin syrup tryin to sound all country like they from the south with their simple as fuck rhymes and usin autotune and god knows what else....WTF? What happened to tha Bay rap scene bein proud of setting trends.....and not takin a trend and runnin that shit into tha damn ground. Like a fuckin Matt Blaque hook for example...just cuz a couple cats made a sorta alright song usin him doesnt mean erry other mutherfuckin rapper gotta have him on their song like he's the only dude that can sing in the whole muthafuckin state of California...IDK think I'm just runnin my mouth cuz its late LOL