New M-Dash Interview on ALL BAY MUSIC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 12, 2007
Vallejo Rap Artist M-Dash pushes New Single "Take You Home", Preps Two Album Releases...Good Interview!

Whats your name?
M-Dash aka Smokey Robinson

Howd you get your rap/production name?
From my lil bruh Tilt, the other half of NBD.....

What made you pursue a career in music?
I always had a major love for music, I always the first cat at the record a store picking up the new releases. I love all types of music from R&B, Rap, Raggae, Jazz, etc....Also growing up in Vallejo in the crest and watchin the fam Mac Dre do his thing real big, cats like mac mall, young lay, etc.....Plus my Uncle Louis McCall was the lead drummer in Con Funk Shun, so he always had a big influence on me also.

What have you done to promote and advance your career as a musican?
I have stayed determined, busy, hard working, always recording, always writing music, constantly promoting and marketing myself and my record label Platinum Bound Ent.

Who's inspired you musically?
Mac Dre, Too Short, Scarface, E-40, PSD, Con Funk Shun, The Gap Band....

What type of style/sound influences your production?
Funk Music, Mobb Music, Drivin down the freeway music, that wake up in the morning and fire up a blunt music, I like to make a variety of music and touch on different subjects. That way any and everybody can relate to it.

What you been working on lately?
Well, we just released the project Sactownradio.com & M-Dash presents Bigga Than Muzic, that features hot artist like Clyde Carson, Jacka, Bueno, Big Hollis, Andre Nickatina, San Quinn, Mistah FAB, and more....Hosted by my fam Kobra Abysmal from Vallejo, CA and mixed by DJ Boy Wonder out of San Jose.....33 tracks, back to back hitters on that thang, its Bigga Than Muzic, available right now at www.rapbay.com

Any new Hot songs that you feel the public should know about?
Yeah, me and my cuzzo Kob gotta new single called "Do A lot" featuring Raulie Baron, its one of them mature bangers.....We always leak music on twitter, facebook, myspace, blogs, etc...I also got a new single coming featuring Mike Marshall......

Any new hot songs you produced, that you feel the public should be aware of?
I'm not a producer, but my producer Remy Remaq is always bringin that FIRE.

Where can the public find this music?
You can find me on Itunes, www.target.com, www.cdbaby.com, rapbay.com, www.rasputins.com, www.amazon.com

Anything recent that youve done, shows, collaborations, or even something for the community?
Just did a new one wit my fam Lee Majors. I'm always in the lab doing new music fam, it never stops.

Where can people find you?
They find me at www.myspace.com/mdash707, they can follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/mdash707, for booking info contact: [email protected]

What advice can you give people who wanna pursue a career in music?
Stay focused, hungry, sharp and determined

Last words?
Look out for my artist Moeses Soulright the 2nd, he the dopest cat out there right now......his first installment is called The Delicatessen, dropping this Spring.....shout out to my fam Remy Remaq, Kobra Abysmal, Roddy Bo, Tatem 1 and my graphic designer DezignPro.....