Would you drive a hybrid?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
I just traded my Jag in for a 2017 Honda Civic. Shit was getting pricey on everything for that bitch. The civic is nowhere near as fast or fun but it gets 40 mpg and looks pretty sleek. Saw a Prius before I traded it for the civic. It had some nice white leather insides but I just couldn't see myself in that shit lmao
Civics are overpriced for my liking, not to mention the Accords. You might as well go with a Mazda 3 if you wanna have a fun experience as far as handling and great mileage. Got a Mazda 6 manual transmission for pretty much the same amount a Civic would go for. Bank for the buck Mazda is one of the best cars you can get on the market.

This dude knows his shit and makes hands down the best car reviews on YT imo

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Your right about that. I imagine that in about 10 years when shit starts to fail hybrids will be selling for super cheap because of batteries not holding good charges....ive seen prices of those batteries before...and yea them shits ain't cheap.....not to mention all the other technology packed in.
Actually from what I hear, 7 years is the magic number. So, expect to see a large amount of those 2009-2011 hybrids on craigslist for the low pretty soon. If you know how to service/repair a HV battery without electrocuting yourself, you can come up.

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
Civics are overpriced for my liking, not to mention the Accords. You might as well go with a Mazda 3 if you wanna have a fun experience as far as handling and great mileage. Got a Mazda 6 manual transmission for pretty much the same amount a Civic would go for. Bank for the buck Mazda is one of the best cars you can get on the market.

I raced some dude in like a mazda speed 3 hatchback or something with my Jag XJR and that fool almost took me. Got up to like 130 before I started pulling on dude lol Shit was insane, Gave dude a thumbs up

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Actually from what I hear, 7 years is the magic number. So, expect to see a large amount of those 2009-2011 hybrids on craigslist for the low pretty soon. If you know how to service/repair a HV battery without electrocuting yourself, you can come up.
Hahaha yep key word being electrocuting. I figure going to school to learn to be a hybrid/electric car mechanic would be a smart move for anyone in that field or thinking about about it because that's the wave of the future. I think the gasoline engine is slowly fading away.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003

The 1st gen Mazda 3 dethroned the Civic as king and this current model continued that. But now the new Civic is lighter, has more power than before....and the upcoming Si is supposed to be the shit....so soon we will see a comparison between the two.....and let's not forget about the Volkswagen GTI.

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
The 1st gen Mazda 3 dethroned the Civic as king and this current model continued that. But now the new Civic is lighter, has more power than before....and the upcoming Si is supposed to be the shit....so soon we will see a comparison between the two.....and let's not forget about the Volkswagen GTI.
Forget the Si the Type R is supposed to be packing 3 something this year i think

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I went to high school with this korean kid whose parents owned a few dry cleaners and for his 16th birthday (1996) he got a brand new GTI VR6 and he had it all tricked out within a few months. Ever since then I've wanted a bad ass little hatchback.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Hahaha yep key word being electrocuting. I figure going to school to learn to be a hybrid/electric car mechanic would be a smart move for anyone in that field or thinking about about it because that's the wave of the future. I think the gasoline engine is slowly fading away.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens to the petroleum business, when hybrid/electric vehicles shake the heavy government regulation and they start becoming the majority of the vehicles on the road. I'll probably be like 90 years old by then...laughing at niggas plugging their car into a usb port. lol

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I went to high school with this korean kid whose parents owned a few dry cleaners and for his 16th birthday (1996) he got a brand new GTI VR6 and he had it all tricked out within a few months. Ever since then I've wanted a bad ass little hatchback.
Lol I know what you mean bro. I've always liked those too. I find it interesting that since it's introduction way back in the 70s(?), the basic shape is still the same. You know from a distance immediately what it is.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
It's going to be interesting to see what happens to the petroleum business, when hybrid/electric vehicles shake the heavy government regulation and they start becoming the majority of the vehicles on the road. I'll probably be like 90 years old by then...laughing at niggas plugging their car into a usb port. lol
Hahaha I can't even imagine the type of shit they're going to have 40 years from now. It'll be interestingly weird to say the least.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
The Lexus Hybrid is super clean, a colleague of mine has it and I'd drive it for sure.
Which one? They got like 5 I think. One the thing that's cool is that nowadays a lot of hybrids are exact twins of their gasoline counterparts so they dont stick out like a Prius does in traffic. They don't scream "look at me, I'm a hybrid!!!"

Props: T.C and T.C
Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
If Nissan puts out a hybrid 370z I may change my mind about hybrids. What I save in gas would go to all the speeding tickets. lol. Those things are beasts.
I used to have this "built" Integra GSR and raced the 370z and that shit smoked me by like 9 cars lmao Then
I raced the turbo 370z in my Jag and would smoke them in the top of 3rd gear. That Mazda Speed 3 kept up better than the 370z. Maybe the Mazda was built a bit, but if it wasn't that Mazda would be my choice as far as I've seen them in races. They kinda look better to me too than the 370,

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I used to have this "built" Integra GSR and raced the 370z and that shit smoked me by like 9 cars lmao Then
I raced the turbo 370z in my Jag and would smoke them in the top of 3rd gear. That Mazda Speed 3 kept up better than the 370z. Maybe the Mazda was built a bit, but if it wasn't that Mazda would be my choice as far as I've seen them in races. They kinda look better to me too than the 370,

Mazda 3s kinda remind me of those Subaru STI hatchbacks. I am not a fan of the hatchback look, but those things corner like no other. I may have to look into getting behind the wheel of one of those 3s. The only Mazda I have ever driven was a Miata MX-5 and that was like a 08-09.

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
those integras were cool cars...90's acuras were awesome in general
I grew up with all my cousins being Rice Rocket Drivers lol Turbo b20s in Old Civic Hatchbacks. my cousin had a sweet built 92 Integra GSR it was a 1.7 Liter we were gassing Porches and shit lol mine was a 2000 GSR, I fucking regret selling that car..