What do you do for a living?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I tried searching old threads, but I couldn't figure out the right terms to use. I'm sure it's been asked before.

It's been super dead in here, so I figure I'll try to make a thread everyone (except Mixerr and Grim) can have something to add to.

What do you (or have you done) for work? Those who don't work...how do you get by? Do you get gov't assistance? Do you hustle on top of that. I know a few of you are open about your drug dealing careers.

I work for an aircraft leasing company in San Francisco. I'm like one of the lowest paid people here, but I work in a cool office where there is a break room full of free food and drinks. There are many parties with lots of alcohol and they send us on a retreat every year where we all get our own room at a really nice hotel and get treated first class. I've been here for just over 5 years. I had a lot of retail jobs before this. I also worked for the Siccness' own Dutch and his father (RIP...a great man) as a truck driver. I miss that job. I used to drive far and listen to books on tape. Dutch used to make fun of me saying it was "adult story time" lol.

Feel free to talk about what you like/dislike about your job and the people you work with/for.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I make napkins. I'm terrible at it so I have to ask for help all the time lol. We make some pretty cool shit tho. Napkins for tons of sports teams. We make placemats and napkins for Air Force 1. We ran a small order once that just said Michael Jordan on the label so I opened up the case to look at them. They were just a black cocktail napkin with his autograph printed on it. I wondered if he uses them at home lol.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
I'll add to this later, I'm actually on my lunch break smoking a J listening to music. I always encourage my friends/fam to push for their dreams no matter how unattainable they seem. Don't work making someone else rich while sacrificing your health. Life's too short to not do what you want. I've put myself in the position to employ myself and friends successfully and I was truly happy during that time(compared to this moment in life). I'm trying to get that happiness back.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
I know you just dismissed me, but I'll add my own situation regardless.

I still live at home, and I got a little saturday job at a local chemist. Its pretty old fashioned, so theres no barcode scanner (I use one of those old school registers with the price keys) and I gotta price up all stock individually. There are only 3 people working there on saturdays, 2 qualified pharmacists dealing with prescriptions in the dispensary round back, and me doing everything in the shop at once; hoovering, answering the phone, serving customers, checking prescriptions, stacking shelves, pricing stock, etc.

I don't make much at all, and with the fucked up UK driving lesson laws and prices, Ima need to take every penny I make this year and put it towards driving lessons. So despite working, I got no money to spend on myself. I want to rap, purely because its something I thoroughly enjoy doing, but I can't afford studio time and I don't want to be another one of those "check out my mixtape" loser teenagers on the internet. I put up my new single on bandcamp, and I'll be making a couple more in the future, to raise the necessary funds to record in the studio. Link is in my sig.

Hood Rat Matt

Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I know you just dismissed me, but I'll add my own situation regardless.

I still live at home, and I got a little saturday job at a local chemist. Its pretty old fashioned, so theres no barcode scanner (I use one of those old school registers with the price keys) and I gotta price up all stock individually. There are only 3 people working there on saturdays, 2 qualified pharmacists dealing with prescriptions in the dispensary round back, and me doing everything in the shop at once; hoovering, answering the phone, serving customers, checking prescriptions, stacking shelves, pricing stock, etc.

I don't make much at all, and with the fucked up UK driving lesson laws and prices, Ima need to take every penny I make this year and put it towards driving lessons. So despite working, I got no money to spend on myself. I want to rap, purely because its something I thoroughly enjoy doing, but I can't afford studio time and I don't want to be another one of those "check out my mixtape" loser teenagers on the internet. I put up my new single on bandcamp, and I'll be making a couple more in the future, to raise the necessary funds to record in the studio. Link is in my sig.
I was just breakin' your balls cause I knew you'd catch it, Grim. Good shit. You're alright in my book. Save that money and travel

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
(I know you know this, Matt, but just adding to the thread)

I went into the mortgage business right out of high school and was a loan processor for 15 years, until the market tanked and I was the first person let go. I did the unemployment thing for a few months, then got hired as a 'receptionist' for the company I work for now, which is a dovetail drawer box manufacturer. I've been here for 8 years and worked my way up to inside sales and customer service manager. Long story short, I sell drawers for a living.

Hood Rat Matt

Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
(I know you know this, Matt, but just adding to the thread)

I went into the mortgage business right out of high school and was a loan processor for 15 years, until the market tanked and I was the first person let go. I did the unemployment thing for a few months, then got hired as a 'receptionist' for the company I work for now, which is a dovetail drawer box manufacturer. I've been here for 8 years and worked my way up to inside sales and customer service manager. Long story short, I sell drawers for a living.
everybody needs nice, clean drawers!