What do you do for a living?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Still grinding away at college. Been doing that since I got out of the Army 3 years ago.

Bout to hit the work force again in a few months though after I grab CompTIA A+, Red Hat System Administrator, and CCNA certifications in May. Gonna shoot for a Linux System Admin job, if I get something else IT related though I'll jump on it if it pays decent.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
In recent years...

after doin a 5 year bid at Walmart overnight stocking I got released to drive the MTS Access bus picking up and dropping off disabled people to where ever they gotta go...all the while getting a class B license with a passenger endorsment....unlike Wallyworld, I feel good about this shit....the overtime is wonderful too.

In the next lane over, a nigga been rappin too(since '94). Last year signed to an independant here in Dago Home - Selfmademuzik
...got the opportunity to really "release" shit....I got a mixtape commin, and an EP.....

lets see where this goes

:siccness::siccness::siccness:Home - DuceFaceD:siccness::siccness:

Oct 16, 2002
Gilroy
I got a little trucking operation going on, go all over the bay area and moneterey bay area. 5 dump trucks, about to cop some more cuz the work is good right now.
RAVAGE @RAVAGE I pass by roman tires santa clara location all the time to get diesel at the rotten robbie

Last edited:
May 16, 2002
As most of you already know I've work at a funeral home for over 15 years. A good friend of mine is a supervisor at a winery, so for the last three years during the harvest season (three months out of the year) I moonlight as a truck driver. I got my class A licence and simply do that to help out my friend.

As of recent I went back to school just to get a refresher course and been scoring high on my test.

I've taken a break from the funeral business just to expand my mind and take a peek into the living world. I registered and applied with the County and took my County test and passed with flying colors. I just got hired to work for Social Services and I'm going full speed ahead with it. After a period of time I can transfer to any dept. in the County including the Coroner office and make a lot more than I was making in the funeral home.

Yes, there is a pay cut in the mean time, but I never view it as money. I view it as an experience and keep the mind going. I enjoy everything I do and the money will reflect that in due time.

RAVAGE

-DaBadGuy-
Apr 25, 2002
FUBU Outlet
www.dogpile.com
RAVAGE @RAVAGE I pass by roman tires santa clara location all the time to get diesel at the rotten robbie
That location closed down now after 32 years, but yea that where I worked since I was 19.....im 35 now. I miss all the folks I would run into every day at that gas station. Is Rosa and her sister still working there......the only 2 Mexican chicks that work there.

Whats ur company name tho folks?

Props: Joey and Joey
Mar 14, 2006
east bay
I got this little job in San Francisco about a year ago with this company called Instacart, kinda dope just drive around all day in your vehicle shopping for shit and then delivering it to the customer. Not really what I want to do permantley but it's def. keeping all my bills paid plus some for the time being, plus you make your own hours/pick what days you want to work. I think the only bad thing about it is being considered as a independent contractor.

Sep 23, 2006
I got this little job in San Francisco about a year ago with this company called Instacart, kinda dope just drive around all day in your vehicle shopping for shit and then delivering it to the customer. Not really what I want to do permantley but it's def. keeping all my bills paid plus some for the time being, plus you make your own hours/pick what days you want to work. I think the only bad thing about it is being considered as a independent contractor.
Is it like an uber Platform?

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
High school drop out felon fuck up got lucky in the dot com boom & the company at the time I worked in the mailroom for at (Netscape) sent me to school paid in full. Back then it was called Cisco Networking Academy, but I dunno what they call it anymore... no degree, but it gave me 20+ certifications in my field of operation.

....now I am the Senior Systems Development Engineer for one of the world largest most innovative Cyber Security firms.

Been involved with technology for 20 years now, first tech gig was in tech support for Cisco Systems & moved onto IT Helpdesk, to Deskside Support, to Systems administrator now in an Engineering environment.

Oct 3, 2006
Worked for several years in the HVAC/Solar wholesale field after the military, then worked my way up as a branch manager, and warranty auditor. Got my degree, and now work for an agency of the Federal Government (started over the summer) which I am liking so far. Pay sucks starting off, but gradually increases nicely. Benefits are great also. Not sure if this will be something I will be doing in the long run, but who knows.