What Corporations Have You Worked For (Domestic/Foreign)?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
JB’s Restaurants Inc. (Domestic)
Best Products (Domestic)
JB Rodgers Mechanical (Domestic)
IntelliSell Corporation (Domestic)
SOUTHWEST CATHOLIC HEALTH NETWORK CORPORATION (Domestic)
ATMI Incorporated (Domestic)
Maxwell Productions (Foreign)
BOC Edwards (Foreign)
Honeywell (Domestic)
Sumitomo Chemical Advanced Technologies (Foreign)
ST Microelectronics (Foreign)
General Dynamics (Domestic)
Intel Corporation (Domestic)

*many domestics are multinational

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2008
I've always worked mom and pops shops and was taken advantage of 110%.
Now I work for a startup as an information security analyst and it seems that the sky is the limit here.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Applebees (whoever owned it in 2001, I know it was sold a couple times) (Domestic)
Walmart Inc (Domestic)
Target Corporation (Domestic)
Starbucks Corporation (Domestic)
Asurion LLC (Domestic)
GoDaddy Inc. (Domestic)

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I've always worked mom and pops shops and was taken advantage of 110%.
Now I work for a startup as an information security analyst and it seems that the sky is the limit here.
Corporations take advantage too. At BOC Edwards OT was only an additional $0.10/hr on top of hourly wage. It is (or was) a Canadian Company and that policy was established in the 70s.

Many tech jobs (including some I have mentioned in my initial post) expect you to perform tasks outside of your defined job scope. They tell you to follow documented specifications but when you inform them the requested tasks are not part of your specifications they say you aren't a team player and hard to work with. If you perform any task that is not a documented specification and it results in costing the corporation a serious amount of money you can be fired.

I have had to stand up to management before for 200 of my peers who felt intimitated to take their breaks that were mandated by law. Management would try to coerce them (my peers) into thinking because they didn't have coverage for the tasks they were expected to perform, that it somehow fell on their shoulders and not Management's. I had to call out the big boss in front of a group of 70 and let him know what his management staff was doing and read the laws as well as the corporate policies aloud.

Also, there is this push for equal pay for women right now, but these corporations don't even provide equal pay for men. Some peer groups have different shift managers and each shift manager decides meritocracy, separately. A fair manager will base meritocracy on job performance. An unfair manager will make sure who he/she likes gets what he/she wants them to get regardless of their job performance and undercut everyone else.

This is what happens when a sector has no union and management is ran by Peter Principal level talent whom have apparently forgotten that outside company property they are just mere mortals as well; when you forget to follow the golden rule it's hard to say what someone is capable of and what the effect will be.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2008
Thank you for all of the info.

Luckily for me, I am not too invested in having a career, even though I apparently have one. Also, this startup is extremely chill and friendly. It is not big enough to outright fuck people over. Lots of freedom to move about and nobody even bats an eye.

I had a DUI from Michigan when I was 21. Michigan considers it a traffic violation and it will never be removed from my record.
I have no university experience. They took me in based on my portfolio alone. I am taking full advantage of this opportunity to gain credibility in my field. I believe any other company will look at my DUI and then see 5 years with several promotions and be like 'ya he's fine'.

Without this gig I'd probably be at a mom and pops shop for hourly wage doing 110% still.

So its a help me help you situation and they seem to get it, for now.

------

Also, when it comes to financial independence I plan on getting it through passive income and I am already working on a few outlets for such a thing. I just know that its a race between my succeeding and the collapse of the system, and I am 100% excited about both outcomes.

Thank you for all the knowledge you keep making so easily accessible to people.
I stand with the great anarchist William Godwin and believe that the greatest means by which change is achieved is through education.
Yes, we can always bring down the system with force, but doing so usually results in another asshole taking over before being absolutely corrupted.