What aphorisms can you recommend for others to live by

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. -- John F. Kennedy

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?" The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?" The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?" The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
I googled some to get an example and these were in the first 3

"My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed."

Christopher Morley, in Science and Religion

"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats."

Howard Aiken, in Success and Failure

This was the second one LMAO

Being kissed by a man who didn't wax his moustache was like eating an egg without salt.

Rudyard Kipling, in Men and Women

Jan 31, 2008
There is no such thing as progress, there is only change.
This is actually an interesting one because, call me a believer in destiny or causation, which to me presupposes destiny, but I've always viewed that change must always be natural progress. That no matter how badly our society seems to transition, we are being led by external forces to serve our purpose. And our purpose may not at all be what we think it is or wish it to be. And that change is the same as evolution.

I had this discussion with a coworker a few months ago and in her response she mentioned the Irish Elk. Here is a quote of her response:
In the animal and plant world, evolution arises to help an organism adapt to its surroundings. In doing that, it can evolve too well or not enough, or just right. It’s rarely a clear improvement- but rather a bumbling series of mistakes. Have you heard of the Irish Elk? It was a species of deer that became extinct over ten thousand years ago. It is thought that due to reproductive preferences for large antlers, the Irish Elk grew larger and larger antlers until the antlers were so huge that the animal couldn’t lift its head. It became extinct for the same reason its lineage survived. What if all our efforts to constantly improve are what kill us in the end?
food for thought.

Last edited:

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I had this discussion with a coworker a few months ago and in her response she mentioned the Irish Elk. Here is a quote of her response:

food for thought.
so thousands of years from now humans might have died out because of men's massive dongs which restricted bloodflow to the brain every time they got a boner (due to women preferring a large penis)

Dec 25, 2016
Chatt-Town
If the sun comes out and one cow goes And lays down, all will lay down.
If one cow yawns then all might yawn.
But if one cow goes and takes a piss and shit not all the cows are going to go piss and shit with him.
Meaning we don't have to do shit together and fuck aphorisms!