what age did sum of you guys move out??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Well shit...

I'm 24 and I'm not ashamed to say that I still live with my folks (rent free). It's given me a good opportunity to save hella money, so when I do get up outta here, there's no coming back. That's my goal anyway. If the situation is right at home with your parents, you might as well make the best of it.

Me and a couple of buddies are currently lookin' for spots to rent though, possibly a house. I'm tryna to move out by the end of the year. I figured I've milked this living at home arrangement long enough to where I'm able to support myself and be out in the world independently.

Living in the Bay Area is expensive man, so if you're still at home with your folks, you better take advantage of it, because you can't live like that forever.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
autistic said:
I moved out and started paying rent at 17. I don't understand how people be living with their parents when they're already grown and shit. I think it's healthy to be independent.
because when you give that $700 rent to your land lord every month, you will NEVER see that money again.

you know how people say "never say never"? well i'm saying NEVER.

if anything, i'll be the one thats collecting rent... eventually

::

Feb 23, 2003
Doberman said:
Me and my lil brother were technically own our own @ 13...eventhough we still lived at home. It was the early 80's when crack first hit the scene. I moved out the day I went to tha pen @ 18. The same story as everyone else from that era.
YOU WERE IN THE PEN AT 18?? DAMN I NOW YOU WERE FIGHTING FOR YOUR MANHOOD EVERYDAY

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
autistic said:
I moved out and started paying rent at 17. I don't understand how people be living with their parents when they're already grown and shit. I think it's healthy to be independent.
Yea, I was 19 though. Didn't have any money before to go and rent an apartment.

Feb 23, 2003
Mr. Chronic said:
I'm 24 and I'm not ashamed to say that I still live with my folks (rent free). It's given me a good opportunity to save hella money, so when I do get up outta here, there's no coming back. That's my goal anyway. If the situation is right at home with your parents, you might as well make the best of it.

Me and a couple of buddies are currently lookin' for spots to rent though, possibly a house. I'm tryna to move out by the end of the year. I figured I've milked this living at home arrangement long enough to where I'm able to support myself and be out in the world independently.

Living in the Bay Area is expensive man, so if you're still at home with your folks, you better take advantage of it, because you can't live like that forever.

I FEEL THAT... BUT SOME FOLKS NEVER MOVED FROM THEIR PARENTS CRIB AND STILL BROKE LOL.. DAMN!

May 31, 2006
im 18, and id be fucked if i didnt live with my parents.. i duno what the hell id be doin without them. all i know is i gotta go soon and living in the bay is hella expensive..

Feb 23, 2006
im 20 and still live wit momz...i pay $100 rent every month...shit sucks

hopefully ill be out sometime this year....me and two homie are talkin bout getin a spot

Mar 5, 2007
At 15yrs old

I was always getting into hella trouble, in and out of juvy and my mom was like fuck it you gotta go...... the rest is history. I learned life the hard way. 23yrs old now and still on tha grind.

Feb 5, 2006
FourOneFog said:
im 20 and still live wit momz...i pay $100 rent every month...shit sucks

hopefully ill be out sometime this year....me and two homie are talkin bout getin a spot

AT LEAST ITS ONLY $100. THAT AINT NOTHING. I'M GLAD I AINT PAYIN SHIT RIGHT NOW

Aug 24, 2002
My mom moved out on me !! How pathetic isnt that ? No , but really i was 19 and had just finished school. And she had planned a long time to move to the other side of the country were i have family. So we had an agreement that when schools over she will pay the rent for me 3 months . Thats it , 3 months and after that im on my own. So i had to find a job . And i did. After about a
6 months i moved to a smaller apartment to save some cash.
we never lived in a house. but if we did , i could see myself living at home a couple of years after 18 to save money . Thats a nice opportunity for a young adult to get started in life .

Mar 4, 2006
I moved out when I was 17. I ended up moving back into my Gradmother's house when I was like 22 though and stayed there till I was 24. I've been living by myself since I was 24.

May 29, 2002
I moved out when I was 22. had a good job makin decent money and stopped goin to school for a while. I figured if I wasnt in school I didnt deserve to stay at home on my pops dime and besides it aint exactly cool bringin a bitch over to your pops house. I got a apartment with a homie and am now on my own to pay rent by myself. prolly one of the worst decisions I ever made. Fuck a roommate. I'ma move back in with my pops at the end of the month when the lease is up, go back to school, quit my bitch ass job and stack some chips. When I move out next time its gonna be on my own in my own HOUSE!!! Either that or I need to find a roommate that aint on some straight bullshit. But looking back it was a great learning experience, this past year has been real crazy both good and bad but it made me realize that I actually had it good, shoulda stayed in school. my dad always let me do what I gotta do, he dont be sweatin me much and he livin by himself anyways. but REAL TALK!!! stay at home as long as you can!!! take it past the uncomfortable stage. milk it for all its worth. If you are livin at home with a job you should have no problem puttin a downpayment on a house by the time you are 25 anyways.