Twitter IPO / Who Buyin?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Starts trading tomorrow for a company that has never turned a profit its about to make 1.8 bil from selling stock

*EDIT: All conversation here by all users is merely opinion and does not pose as financial advice. All trading performed by an individual is always at their own risk. For industry approved financial advice, seek out a fiduciary.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2006
i'm guessing around 10:30 EST tomorrow it's gonna be tradable if you got a brokerage account. it's not gonna be right at market opening.

most brokerage accounts should let you sell and buy something else, you don't necessarily need to let the prior trade settle and wait the 3 business days. so basically, if u got fb stock, u can sell some of that shit, and take the money you get, minus the commission you pay for the sale, and you should be able to buy into twtr.

of course if u haven't owned fb for longer than a year, your gains are gonna be taxed as short term gains and uncle same will rape you. longer than a year, you will be taxed at your marginal tax rate.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
twitter is slowly falling off, let something new emerge and its curtains for twitter, thats from someone who has had a twitter since it came out, someone signed to interscope told me to make one

itll hold steady for another year or so in my opinion, but im not sure of its future to be honest

theres a huge lack of new applications and social media platforms, eventually someone will jump on it... i'd do it myself i just dont exactly have any new ideas yet

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2006
twitter is slowly falling off, let something new emerge and its curtains for twitter, thats from someone who has had a twitter since it came out, someone signed to interscope told me to make one

itll hold steady for another year or so in my opinion, but im not sure of its future to be honest

theres a huge lack of new applications and social media platforms, eventually someone will jump on it... i'd do it myself i just dont exactly have any new ideas yet
kinda my thoughts. could be money to be made over the short term though.

Props: S.SAVAGE

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net

basically… it happened to myspace

myspace was the shit 9-10 years ago

::

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
basically… it happened to myspace

myspace was the shit 9-10 years ago

::
that was hilarious when myspace died back in 08-09 mostly because it died right after Ruport Murdoch paid almost a billion dollars for it then turned around and sold it a few years later for just 35 million lol

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
They do have 230 mil users ~1/4 US 3/4 outside though, that is not linkedin or FB numbers but it is big. Raising 1.8 billion also allows them to grow the company into other potential avenues or markets. I have no idea what that would be, I don't work for the company and I am not a tech exec or work in the intelligence community, but I build that they will continue to grow as an asset to the intelligence community in some shape and this public offering may push its marketing growth as well.

Last edited:

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
the twitter regime and regimes like it are gonna eventually flop...anybody can type 140 characters and post it...but the twitter empire figured out how to make money from a ver basic task...the twitter regime will fall in 5 or 10 yaers tops

Jan 23, 2006
do you realize how long 5 to 10 years is, in the market?

that is a lot of time to make money.

people didn't think google would do what they are doing. not saying twitter will do that, but u gotta check the fundamentals.

if you are that certain it will go down you could always buy puts or sell the stock short.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
So far tech wise CIA funded tech companies that went public are doing well (i.e. FB AND GOOG), twitter is an intelligence asset as well. Of course C funding doesn't always equate to stock market stardom, take Southwest Airlines for example- but they are not a tech company and the Airline Industry as a whole are not breakouts.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Recent IBM Lawsuit

Twitter has quietly submitted several drafts of its SEC filings, and the most recent version filed on Monday disclosed that IBM has accused Twitter of three counts of copyright infringement. One of these is related to online advertising. IBM has invited Twitter to settle, but Twitter said it believes it can defend against the claims. While it may not have a direct impact on the IPO, the claims could hurt the Twitter brand down the line, especially when considering that Twitter has, for the most part, stayed out of Silicon Valley patent disputes.
How this plays out will be a factor in its market place

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Options don't come out for IPO's that quick.
Takes at least a month...

Anyways, no I'm not buying twitter. I don't have a single good reason to.
I am good with my current positions, for a long time...
Good for you, you sound confident. You don't sound concerned about another crash. When the QE hits a wall we will see serious fluctuation in the market, imo. My major positions are long term (in them for the dividends) so I am hoping the next major crash does not happen for 20 years or more but I don't think we are too far off from real trouble.

Last edited:
May 6, 2002
I think we are on a bull run for the next 4 years. They have to make it this way.
Sure there will be dips. I'd be really surprised to see S&P drop below 1500-1550, that in my opinion would be a huge crash at these times.

Most of my portfolio is long term div.
I do some growth. Play speculative here and there, but maybe a couple times a year if that. Play a little bit of options when a dividend pays well.

QE won't hit the wall for a while. The feds will pull back when timing is right.