Twitter IPO / Who Buyin?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Here's another product being thrown away by Intel because they have the wrong people running the corporation, who don't understand customers for market segments that are not pcs, laptops, or data servers:

So, the excuse given by the corporation was that they could not find a key partner to bring it to market, and that they have failed with their other wearables. I personally told Intel what segment they needed to focus on with their wearables almost five years ago, as I had hands on experience with DoD projects where Intel's wearables could have easily been integrated. I suggested they focus their market to first responders and military applications; they ignored me and every single product has ignored these segments of the market, so every single product has failed. These are the same people making these poor and arrogant decisions that thumbed their nose at innovation outside the PC box for a looong time and they continue to miss the window.

Oh well. Hopefully their VR, Autonomous Vehicles, Real D, and data segments continue to thrive because we have to also remember this is the corporation that practically gave away ARM for nothing as well.

Anyway, I'm still bullish and believe 70PT is relevant but this is why they are not going to reach the next plateau beyond for who knows how long.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
My friend is talking about GE. I’m not a big believer but this guy makes some great calls.

Right now I have
rtn
Amzn
Ba
Nflx
Gs
Baba
Wmt
Mu

Thinkn about dumping Walmart at a loss and picking up nvda.
I am 99% sold on GE buy

They still have strong business segment growth opportunities

And are working on great energy business strategies for growth through foreign partnerships.

I think your BABA purchase was smart (we'll see but I think they have a high ceiling)

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Basic income trial falls flat in Finland

The Finnish government has decided not to expand a limited trial in paying people a basic income, which has drawn much international interest.

Currently 2,000 unemployed Finns are receiving a flat monthly payment of €560 (£490; $685) as basic income.

"The eagerness of the government is evaporating. They rejected extra funding [for it]," said Olli Kangas, one of the experiment's architects.

Some see basic income as a way to get unemployed people into temporary jobs.

The argument is that, if paid universally, basic income would provide a guaranteed safety net. That would help to address insecurities associated with the "gig" economy, where workers do not have staff contracts.

Supporters say basic income would boost mobility in the labour market as people would still have an income between jobs.

Finland's two-year pilot scheme started in January 2017, making it the first European country to test an unconditional basic income. The 2,000 participants - all unemployed - were chosen randomly.

But it will not be extended after this year, as the government is now examining other schemes for reforming the Finnish social security system.

"I'm a little disappointed that the government decided not to expand it," said Prof Kangas, a researcher at the Social Insurance Institution (Kela), a Finnish government agency.

more at link

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Bought 440 shares of GIS (General Mills). Since all you adult infants still eat cereal, pay me bitches

General Mills is transitioning 53 square miles of South Dakota farmland to certified organic

Cramer: General Mills' Blue Buffalo deal was 'unjustly punished'

General Mills acquisition of Blue Buffalo pet food

General Mills Completes Acquisition of Blue Buffalo Pet Products

MINNEAPOLIS, April 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- General Mills, Inc. (NYSE: GIS) today announced it has completed the acquisition of Blue Buffalo Pet Products, Inc. for $40 per share in an all-cash transaction, which represents an enterprise value of approximately $8.0 billion. The addition of Blue Buffalo establishes General Mills as the leader in the Wholesome Natural pet food category, the fastest growing portion of the $30 billion U.S. pet food market, and accelerates the company's portfolio reshaping strategy.

"Today marks an important new chapter as we welcome Blue Buffalo to the General Mills family," said General Mills Chairman and CEO Jeff Harmening. "The Blue Buffalo team has built a terrific brand that is leading the transformation of the U.S. pet food market and continues to generate top-tier growth. This acquisition adds a compelling new growth platform to the General Mills portfolio, and I'm confident that we can leverage our capabilities to drive continued growth for the BLUE brand and significant value for General Mills shareholders."

Founded in 2002, Blue Buffalo is the fastest growing major pet food company in the United States making natural foods and treats for dogs and cats under the BLUE brand, which includes BLUE Life Protection Formula, BLUE Wilderness, BLUE Basics, BLUE Freedom and BLUE Natural Veterinary Diet. BLUE is the #1 Wholesome Natural pet food brand in the U.S. with $1.275 billion in net sales and $319 million in Adjusted EBITDA for fiscal year 2017, representing an Adjusted EBITDA margin of 25%. Over the past three years, Blue Buffalo has delivered compound annual net sales growth of 12% and Adjusted EBITDA growth of 18%.

General Mills will operate Blue Buffalo under a newly formed Pet operating segment. Senior members of the Blue Buffalo management team, including Billy Bishop, will continue to lead Blue Buffalo from its headquarters in Wilton, Conn. Bishop will report to Harmening.

Blue Buffalo will be incorporated into General Mills financial results beginning in fiscal 2019. General Mills will provide details on its fiscal 2019 growth expectations, including Blue Buffalo, when it reports fourth-quarter fiscal 2018 earnings results in late June.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
https://www.forbes.com/sites/darren...ind-worthy-tech-companies-in-need-of-capital/

The National Basketball Association and Intel are teaming up on a joint effort to fund promising companies that blend technology with sports and entertainment. The new Emerging Technology Initiative will be a collaborative effort between a team at the NBA working closely with the Intel Capital group to identify challenges that may benefit from a technology solution or technology companies with services that can enhance how fans experience NBA games.

Reach and resources will be driven by the NBA while Intel Capital handles the cash investments. The NBA and Intel will explore a wide-range of companies, but focus particularly on earlier stage businesses.

“Executives from different areas of our business will work with Intel Capital executives to evaluate those opportunities, drawing on the deep experience that Intel Capital has in working with startups,” says Jeff Marsilio, NBA Senior Vice President for New Media Distribution.

The NBA is most interested in finding thosse companies that have new technology solutions with the capcity of enhancing the NBA game on the court, the fan experience and more broadly, the sports industry across the globe.

In remarks surrounding the announcement, Intel Capital President Wendell Brooks noted that venture investments in sports reached $1.5 billion in 2017 as well has his belief that sports will be defined by even more technology disruption in the next five years.

The new arrangement expands upon Intel’s existing bond with the NBA, which includes Intel as an authorized provider of virtual reality as well as a founding partner of the NBA 2K League.

Details of the investments, including whether other partners will be included in funding opportunities and how much money will be set aside for this new fund were not disclosed.

Darren Heitner is the Founder of South Florida-based HEITNER LEGAL, P.L.L.C. and is the author of How to Play the Game: What Every Sports Attorney Needs to Know (Second Edition).

Follow D @darren Heitner

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Alexa, send up breakfast: Amazon launches Echo for hotels - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

NEW YORK (AP) - Alexa has a new job: hotel concierge.

Amazon has launched a version of Alexa for hotels that lets guests order room service through the voice assistant, ask for more towels or get restaurant recommendations without having to pick up the phone and call the front desk. Marriott has signed up for the service, and will place Amazon Echo smart speakers in 10 hotels this summer, including its Westin and St. Regis brands.

It is another way for Amazon to sell its voice assistant and devices to businesses and get Alexa in front of more customers. Amazon already sells a version of Alexa for workplaces, and has struck deals to place Alexa in cars and refrigerators. Alexa has become an important part of Amazon's business because it keeps users attached to Amazon services, such as music streaming.

Amazon said data from hotel guests will be deleted daily, and Marriott said those who don't want an Echo device in their room can ask to have it removed.

Hotels will be able to customize the responses Alexa gives their guests, such as nearby restaurant recommendations or pool hours. Other tasks that Alexa for Hospitality can do include checking guests out of their room, turning on the lights or playing lullabies to help them fall asleep.

Later this year, Amazon will allow hotel guests to link their Amazon.com account to Alexa so they can listen to their music playlists or audio books during their stay. Shopping, however, won't be allowed through the hotel version of Alexa, Amazon said.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
What are your thoughts on stash? Keep getting ads and seeing it everywhere.

I like the idea tho.
Never heard of it, like the concept, would like to know who is behind it and how safe/secure a platform it is. For example, when you buy shares on E-Trade, Scottrade, Fidelity, etc. You are buying in house shares 99.9% of the time- not directly from the wall street broker floor. This means, Imo, it is easier for these entities to manipulate your settlement price when you execute a trade which is why it does not always settle when you see the market hit your target. These entities will blame the market makers and never admit to any wrongdoing themselves. Why? Because they virtually steal millions of dollars per day from their customers, even though they are making millions of dollars per day from trade fees, as well as millions of dollars per day from investments on your money they are making 24/7, just like a bank or insurance company does.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
No doubt, got a raise at work and trying to invest that as if I never had it.
Congrats.

My next post in this thread was going to pose the question (in general to all) what kind of trader are you?

There are many trading strategies and the most common one is likely buy low sell high, which often results in being long.

How about this strategy: Would you be happy with a $25-$50 profit (after trade fees) per trade?

If anyone answers no, I believe they are missing out on a tactical advantage. We are not stepping on a kilo of cocaine here, so we don't need a double or triple up on an investment that we can flip for a small fast profit on legal money, and minutes later do the same thing all over again without stepping outside.

If you make 1000 trades in a year that average $50 gain per trade, that is an extra $50,000 per year (before capital gains taxation). If you set stop losses on all your trades, to limit your exposure to loss, you help improve your ability to see gains vs loss.

1000 trades in a year is approx 4 per day (market closed on holidays and weekends). Forex trading is Sunday evening to Friday evening as well. Many day traders set up their trades at pre mkt or open, set their stops or limits, and don't look at it the rest of the day.

Just something to think about when strategizing your income growth.

Food for thought.

Now research how to choose the right ones...

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Cronos Group Inc. Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement with Delfarma in Poland — Prevalent Ventures

Cronos Group Inc. Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement With Delfarma In Poland
June 25, 2018

Cronos Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CRON) (TSX: CRON) ("Cronos Group" or the "Company"), is pleased to announce that it has entered into a strategic distribution partnership with Delfarma Sp. Zo.o ("Delfarma"). Founded in 2004, Delfarma is a privately owned pharmaceutical wholesaler and was the first company in Poland to introduce international parallel import of medicinal products from European Economic Area countries. Delfarma distributes directly to over 5,000 pharmacies and more than 200 hospitals, a distribution network that reaches approximately 40% of the Polish domestic market.

Under the initial five-year exclusive distribution agreement, Cronos Group's global subsidiaries will supply Peace Naturals branded cannabis products to Delfarma for distribution within Poland. Leveraging Delfarma's extensive distribution network, this partnership provides Cronos with unrivaled access to the Poland market. The parties are simultaneously working to obtain the necessary regulatory approvals within Poland for the full line of medical cannabis products with the aim to offer patients in Poland a variety of premium treatment options.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Carnage today. Shit. Trump tariffs. It’s a war we can’t lose imo. But pain for a min. Sheesh.
Overall yes, was a good day to shortsell the market

GS lost 4.64/share
BABA lost 11.68/share
INTC down a few $ over the course of two/three trading days I believe.

I am on the short sell side of LC (1500 shares)
I am long GiS (440 shares)
I am long INTC (550 shares)

I am also in FCNTX (200 shares) and CRON (300 shares; my 700 shares triggered a stop loss limit and rebought 300 shares at lower cost).

I have some losers on my sheet as well that I am selling off as I neutralize loss with day trading gains (DPW, FTR are the losers).

I had a UBS, SCOTTRADE, AND ETRADE account, now finally just down to ETRADE minus my unvested shares from my employer in UBS.

Last edited: