Twitter IPO / Who Buyin?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Buy watch list ARII, VRX, HRL, WMT, F, GILD to name a few

Short watch list CMG, MNST, AOI, C

Gold still has upside imo

edit: C may not be a short, institution buying just occurred and C is actually down 95% from record highs (they did a 10:1 reverse split so although its charting at 40-50 range, its really 4-5 range......)

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
It seems to be at a bargain right now (somewhat). Here is what scares me though:

Period Ending 12/31/2015
Net Income -2,219,182 ,000
Total Cash Flow From Operating Activities 1,051,392,000 (down ~35-40% over 2 yrs)
Operating Income or Loss -2,817,297,000

This year hasn't been great either. If oil can rebound you should see a good return though, hope you get there. I am no expert though, I bought SDRL which prob has more debt than Whiting I'm sure... what is your exit strategy? will keep it as a watch...

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I took a hit on nvda
Aug 11
Shares of NVIDIA popped around 3 percent in extended trading after the company's second-quarter earnings and revenue beat.

NVIDIA reported earnings of 40 cents per share on revenue of $1.43 billion, compared to analysts' expectations of 37 cents per share on revenue of $1.35 billion, according to a Thomson Reuters consensus estimate.

Aug 17
On Aug 16, 2016, Zacks Investment Research upgraded NVIDIA Corporation NVDA to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy). With a robust return of 171.2% over the past one year, positive estimate revisions over the last 60 days and an encouraging revenue guidance for the third quarter, NVIDIA is an attractive investment opportunity.

Why the Upgrade?

Over the past 60 days, 11 out of 13 estimates for fiscal 2017 were revised upward, taking the Zacks Consensus Estimate up by 27 cents (17.3%) to $1.83 per share. NVIDIA also delivered positive earnings surprises in the last four quarters with an average beat of 28.5%.

NVIDIA’s revenues not only increased 23.9% year over year to $1.428 billion in second-quarter fiscal 2017, but also surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.355 billion. The year-over-year increase was primarily due to better-than-expected growth across all the platforms, that is, GPUs gaming platform, Professional Visualization, datacenter and Tegra automotive platforms.

The company posted earnings (including stock-based compensation but excluding other one-time items) of 44 cents per share for the quarter, up on a year-over-year basis. The Zacks Consensus Estimate was pegged at 37 cents.

Buoyed by the better-than-expected second-quarter results, the company provided positive third quarter fiscal 2017 guidance. For the third quarter of fiscal 2017, NVIDIA expects revenues of approximately $1.68 billion (+/-2%). The Zacks Consensus Estimate is pegged at $1.68 billion.

Moreover, from a valuation perspective, the stock looks very attractive as it currently trades significantly lower than the industry average based on a forward earnings estimate, which signifies a huge upward potential. NVIDIA currently trades at a forward P/E of 34.47x compared with the industry group average of 52.40x.

Adding to the positives, the company recently announced three new high end graphics cards for notebooks. GeForce GTX 1080, GTX 1070 and GTX 1060 are the first consumer graphics cards based on the Pascal architecture. We believe this will take the mobile gaming experience to a new level.

With the launch of these GPUs, NVIDIA can maximize user experience by offering high performance computing (HPC) capabilities. Also, these GPUs are said to be more energy efficient than the earlier versions. Hence, the launch of this product will enable NVIDIA to increase its customer base and help in garnering additional revenues.

Furthermore, we believe that NVIDIA’s innovative product pipeline and strength in gaming and high-end notebook GPUs keep it well positioned. We also believe that the higher adoption of NVIDIA’s Tegra processors could act as a catalyst, going forward.

Intel should have bought NVIDIA 4-5 years ago..............

Last edited:
May 22, 2006
...Ive always had some nvda but about a week ago i bought 250 shares, which to me is a big play. its up today so Im happy. In another account I have 29 shares and it has gone up 84% since Ive owned it, roughly 8 months. Im happy w them

May 6, 2002
JNJ has plenty of room to go down. It's had it's run up.
I'm in at 100-110. That's actually on my #1 "to buy" list. It's still just too high for me.
It's being treated as a defensive play right now. Safe like GIS.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
What’s the Best Overbought / Oversold Indicator?
Written by A.J. Brown

Now and then I get asked what are the best technical indicators to use in trading. I know some of you out there are endlessly hunting for the holy grail of technical indicators that’ll get you in and out of trades flawlessly every time. If you find it let me know, and in the meantime here are a few rules of thumb:

1) It’s never a good idea to make trading decisions based on a signal from a single indicator. Technical indicators work best when you use them together, and as one part of a broader trading plan.

2) The best trading plans are simple, using a small number of solid technical indicators along with a few other proven tools and techniques. Too many indicators on a chart confuses things, sometimes even giving contradicting signals.

3) Popular technical indicators are popular because they work (and also because if enough people use them, they can become a self-fulfilling prophecy).

4) And the most critical rule of thumb: It’s at least as important, if not more-so, to know how to use overbought / oversold indicators as it is to know which are the best to use.

That last point is significant, so let it sink in. A better question for this article might be What’s the best way to use overbought / oversold indicators in my trading practice?

As you might know, overbought / oversold oscillators are leading indicators. In other words, they try to predict what price will do in the future. For example, when a security that has been trending up for awhile dips down and an indicator signals that the security is “oversold,” there’s a good chance that price will soon spring back up into the trend. A buying opportunity could be right around the corner.

But we don’t take it for granted that a signal from one single indicator, especially a leading indicator, is enough to get us into the trade. Securities can stay in an overbought or oversold condition for a long time. An overbought or oversold signal simply triggers us to keep an eye on a trending security to see if it actually does start to go back into the trend.

And if that happens, we look at a few other things to validate that this is a good trade. Is there enough volume to show that there’s strength in the movement back into the trend? Is there significant resistance or support in the way that might keep us from making the trade? Is there any upcoming event around the security’s company, like an earnings announcement, that could throw off price unpredictably? Etc.

Getting back to the original question, which overbought / oversold indicator do I like best? In my trading, I mostly use the Williams %R. The Williams %R, a popular indicator created years ago by author and leading trading expert Larry Williams, works by showing the current closing price in relation to the high and low of the past N (typically 10) days. Readings on the indicator range from -100 to 0. Readings in the upper range, from about -10 to 0, indicate the security is extremely overbought while readings from about -90 to -100 suggest it’s extremely oversold.

When the Williams %R shows an extreme overbought or oversold condition in a trending security, it’s time to watch for that security to kick back into the trend, and then use your other trading tools and techniques to confirm whether this is another potential profitable trade.

May 6, 2002
I'm out. WLL stop loss at $7.
I would ride it out, especially towards the OPEC meeting, but I am liquidating and dumping accounts to put into another property.

Taking my gains from my brokerage account.
Only thing left is my IRA which has little action. More of a buy, keep buying, long term hold situation.

So you won't see much action from me here anymore.
Unless it's something like "Just bough more of ___" adding to my existing portfolio.

Good luck guys.
I'll still by JNJ at 100 though!

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
nothing wrong with exiting short term trading, with the way this market is cutting, though real estate looks like it is in a bubble again (not identical to 08 but something to watch)

Califas giving money (via federal funds) to people who don't deserve to own a home (or at least don't deserve to own the home they bought): keepyourhomecalifornia.org

===============================================

(watch SRS: ProShares UltraShort Real Estate (ETF))

Fund Summary
The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to two times the inverse (-2x) of the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Real EstateSM Index. The fund invests in derivatives that ProShare Advisors believes, in combination, should have similar daily return characteristics as two times the inverse (-2x) of the daily return of the index. The index measures the performance of the real estate sector of the U.S. equity market. Component companies include, among others, real estate holding and development and real estate services companies and real estate investment trusts ("REITs"). The fund is non-diversified.

Last edited:
May 6, 2002
nothing wrong with exiting short term trading, with the way this market is cutting, though real estate looks like it is in a bubble again (not identical to 08 but something to watch)
I don't think there is a bubble, but we are definitely at a high. I'd be surprised if it ran another 5-10%. Correction should be around the corner.

However, this is a beach property with existing tenants locked into a 3 year. Southern California beach rentals are more of a defensive play than anything. They don't get hit like the rest of the cities. Any pristine area with a high median income stayed up.

For example, I have one in OC, when other cities where at a negative 50%-75% from it's high, this one got hit about 15%. Then on another side, a couple of years ago I grabbed one in LA county from a lady who took a 50% hit. It really all depends.

Just like the stock market, real estate has it's hiding (safe plays) as well.
High or low, I'll buy when I can. Age is on my side. Looking 30+ years out.

I buy green bananas :)

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I don't think there is a bubble, but we are definitely at a high. I'd be surprised if it ran another 5-10%. Correction should be around the corner.

However, this is a beach property with existing tenants locked into a 3 year. Southern California beach rentals are more of a defensive play than anything. They don't get hit like the rest of the cities. Any pristine area with a high median income stayed up.

For example, I have one in OC, when other cities where at a negative 50%-75% from it's high, this one got hit about 15%. Then on another side, a couple of years ago I grabbed one in LA county from a lady who took a 50% hit. It really all depends.

Just like the stock market, real estate has it's hiding (safe plays) as well.
High or low, I'll buy when I can. Age is on my side. Looking 30+ years out.

I buy green bananas :)
Hell yeah! I am trying to get a group together to buy beach front properties. Much respect!

Our whole economy is in a bubble though, being propped up by the imaginary money printing negative to sub prime interest carrying global banking cartel putting the debt on the masses who refuse to stop paying half a house for new vehicles and buying what they cannot afford. Time will tell but the emperor has no clothes

Last edited:
May 6, 2002
Hell yeah! I am trying to get a group together to buy beach front properties. Much respect!
Ya man, worst case, if you can float the monthly...post up and just live by the beach. Regardless if it turns upside down or not. I'll be honest, I'm scraping pennies off the floor to close escrow on this one but it's worth it.

Better than waiting on OPEC. Haha.

May 6, 2002
Dumped TWTR too soon but it's OK. Rather not be too greedy.
I'm still standing by this statement.
I wasn't going to get stuck holding that bag at 16. I was in at 15 and out at a little over 16. Sure it would have been nice to see it go up to 23 (where it is now), but I just had a feeling it could have been a Groupon or some other .com bust. I felt TWTR could have easily hit the 10-12 range with the way it was looking.

Anyways, it sucks to see I missed the entire ride up, but you can never feel too bad for taking chips off the table for a net gain.