TLDR; :siccness:

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Really means you prob can't read

California Isn’t Doing Enough to Teach Kids How to Read, Lawsuit Says | KTLA

Too many California children can’t read, and the state doesn’t have an adequate plan to fix the problem, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

The complaint, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court by the advocacy law firm Public Counsel, alleges that the state is not meeting its constitutional responsibility to educate all children.

California lags behind the national average in both reading and writing for fourth- and eighth-graders, according to national education data.

About five years ago, the state superintendent and state board of education president commissioned a report with suggestions to improve literacy in California. The state has not adopted or implemented an adequate plan based on those suggestions, the lawsuit alleges.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
parents give their kids ipads and say leave me alone

i made sure my kids could already read when they got to school thats not the teachers job.
Because you are a good parent. That was the first thing that came to mind. Unless English is a second language for you, there is no excuse for your child to not be able to read and even then, it is the parents responsibility to not just get their child here from a 3rd world country, but to set them up to be successful. I have personally known two people who couldn't read as adults and both were born in this country. We have too many broken homes here. Something has to change.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I'm surprised there aren't more lawsuits like this. I guess people would rather have a slip of paper saying they passed than have the actual academic knowledge and abilities.

Nobody in the school system wants to hold people accountable. They would rather just pass them along so as not to hurt their self-esteem and let them grow up to be retarded.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
i made sure my kids could already read when they got to school thats not the teachers job.
there is no excuse for your child to not be able to read , it is the parents responsibility to set them up to be successful.
Thank you both. And by the way, I am not interpreting your quotes as an excuse for me not to do my job.