TAGGER APPRECIATION THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
You wasn't living life unless you sprayed a wall! I know gas has some stories. I was pretty wack when I started in 6th grade. So I practiced with markers for 2 years and got my game up. But then I started making beats and just totally fell out of it. Lot of my homies were in taggging crews and shit started getting wild when niggas started packing guns with they spray cans.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
yeah my first tag name was gremlin. at ten. i guess the movie inspired me or something. if you remember there was a poster of the gremlins where spike was spraypainting..even tho the first mural i saw was in eighty four and i remember how much it inspired me to want to be a writer. i thought that was cool as fuck. we used to steal our cans from the garages in the apt complexes back then and just write on everything in walking distance. and we'd go in the schools after school and write there.

i thank my mom for buying me subway art and spraycan art by henry chalfant as a youngin. andf i think my mom bought me spraypaint at a young age cuz she musta been like hey, atleast im not in a gang..

Gas One

May 24, 2006
i remember at bell junior high i lived in mariners villiage apt's on paridise hills..we used to go to bell on saturday and sundays and write all over it and on monday everyone in school would see your shit while they ran laps in gym class or had to play raquetball on the raquetball courts....i dunno how many sd natives grew up in the area and tagged but that was what we considered fun. breaking into schools and getting chased out. if you went to bell you went down the hill to get home..everyones name was tagged on the hill u went down on the way home....it was a trip being famous, but not cuz youre the badass or the ladies man or the gangster..

i ended up being cool in school only because peopel knew i could draw..never got jumped never had someone wanna fight me at school that could or did..weird when youre a small ass dude in eigth grade and all the gangsters have your back just cuz u can draw lol

no harm on telling my names..thats part of graf, fame
and i guess ive been to jail for it already and they put the face to the name so fuck it

Gas One

May 24, 2006
tagging was weird tho cuz there was that era like rasan said when the tagbanging came in and you had to deal with all the ese's....and yeah thats when you sorta had to arm yourself or be ready to fight...there might have been more beef between tagging than in some gangs because the nature of a tagger is he has to do work or he dosent exist..a gangster can sit in his hood all day and never once be touched..but claim he once did this or that...

tagging is all based on show proof or youre no one

taggers had to worry about not only any crime-super hero who thinks vandalism is wrong, law enforcement, the peoples whos property it is...gangs...ANY GANG...you didnt have rivals when it came to tagging ..gangs just didnt like you writing in their hoods...then you ad to worry about tagging crews.....and the police...graffiti task unit.....everyone and everything....

i cant even count the amount of times ive ducked helicopters and cops

ive had nights where i had to lay face down in mud for hours until the cops and helicopters left
you dont know shit until youre being chased by a cop and you do some juice shit and jump from one rooftop to another

we used to go so hard that the paint would be able to be smelled for blocks and the cops would just raid the spot and we'd have to find our way out

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
tagging is cool with me as long as they keep that shit on trains and shit like that, i have wanna be gangsters in my neighborhood that tag on peoples houses and shit fucking up the integrity of the neighborhood, if i catch one of them fucks they may end up shitting out of a bag for the rest of their life for fucking with my property

Gas One

May 24, 2006
if someone tags on your house thats a personal beef.

ive never tagged on a house in my life.

thats pretty disrespectful

my rule goes leave me alone or get stabbed

if it aint the cops...dont be superman

i dont do much running...its more like mutha fucka and what?

im not as crazy as i used to be tho i kinda got responsibilities now and going to jail and losing my job isnt in my plans

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
tagging was weird tho cuz there was that era like rasan said when the tagbanging came in and you had to deal with all the ese's....and yeah thats when you sorta had to arm yourself or be ready to fight...there might have been more beef between tagging than in some gangs because the nature of a tagger is he has to do work or he dosent exist..a gangster can sit in his hood all day and never once be touched..but claim he once did this or that...

tagging is all based on show proof or youre no one

taggers had to worry about not only any crime-super hero who thinks vandalism is wrong, law enforcement, the peoples whos property it is...gangs...ANY GANG...you didnt have rivals when it came to tagging ..gangs just didnt like you writing in their hoods...then you ad to worry about tagging crews.....and the police...graffiti task unit.....everyone and everything....
that's the 110% truth right there...

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
tagging innocents homes / cars is for n00bs & punks.

I never got down like that, nor did my crew.
i know they aren't graf artists because there isn't any skill to what they are doing, I live few blocks away from a decrepid neighborhood full of gangbangers that come in at night and do that shit. It will be like lil spider brown pride locos or some shit like that. They must be sour because our neighborhood is nice and theirs is filled with condemned houses and stray dogs. they are just mad because the city wants to bulldoze their whole side of town and build a shopping center or more houses that look like mine in its place.

but you see tagging on peoples fences and shit it pisses me off

Gas One

May 24, 2006
the problem with inexperienced writers is one, their scared. and that affecs the fluidity and focus of their tag. theyre so fucking scared that theyre doing something illegal that their legs are already running on some looney tune road runner shit.

two, they dont understand the science of the can, aka can control. once you realize that a specific tip sprays a specific way, and the closer or farther you hold a can changes the spraytips effect...and that moving your hand in a fluid but smooth motion is what makes things look nice.

three i guess, is lack of a mentor..i gave up alot of game right now..someone who didnt write would need me to tell them shit liek that and alot of other things.

like i PROBABLY should of wore a mask for all those 8 hour spraying sessions...

all you have to do is mimick life and art. its like kung fu and shit.

oh yeah alot of pcp and marijuana helps. and you cant skimp on the pcp.

oh and active and mdern writers usually do not understand the importance of security and camoflauging yourself. niggas prancin in the freeways and shit like the lights dont have cameras....like where they got off at didnt have a camera...you gotta be smart or eventually your own mistakes will lead either your enemies, or the authorities, to you.

ive traced a dude to his house for crossing me out before...i figured out where he was tagging and at what times and why. its not too hard to backtrack someone who isnt following their own footsteps.

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
MY TOOLS WERE MEAN STREAKS, SAKURA SOLID PAINT MARKERS, UNIS, PILOTS, EXTRA WIDES, ARROWHEADS, AND PEN SCRIBERS... DAMN, I REMEMBER ORDERING NY FAT TIPS FROM 40OZ PROPHET @ 1000 FOR 10$, BOMBING SPOTS AT THE MOTOR YARD, THE JEFFERSON YARD, BELMONT TUNNEL, AND THE L.A. RIVER, CATCHIN SPOTS ON BUSES N SHIT...

FUCK... THE GOOD OL DAYS...

Apr 15, 2006
lol i remember when i finally masterd X4 in old english...it was a wrap ! to this day lol...and lotsa fights cause of tagging. we used to hit up places and within a few days scrapz would cross it out and back and forth until 1. either side got caught slippin n then the wall got painted with their head or 2. the wall ended up looking hella bad..i think the first time i jumped outta my car and caught some skrap tryna cross some homeboy shit out was the most furious i ever got in my life. i dont even know y but i was so angry i coulda turned that rat into paper crane