Stocks (GNBT)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 20, 2005
schwab all day.
I got my checking, credit card, and brokerage account all through schwab, it all works together seamlessly. i cant transfer money between the 3 with 1 click
same here with bank of america

checking
saving
brokerage
ira
student loans

and i can see them all except my student loans on my bofa app on my phone. :knockout:

~k.

Jul 6, 2008
great thread. i have been thinking about investing, but it conflicts with some moral issues i have with corporations and stocks itself

i can't get past the stocks or commodities taht end up hurting reagular common folk.

for example, say oil, if i invest in an oil stock and i make a profit off of it, it's cuz oil went up, thus gas prices went up,
taking money out of common folk, that could have used that money for everyday stuff like food.

i dont know i jsut dont trust corporations and being greedy and making profits, that kind of motive is just not in me.

how can i justify in investing in stocks, where i can see something good come out of it besides corporate greed?

im fucked if i do and im fucked if i dont

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
great thread. i have been thinking about investing, but it conflicts with some moral issues i have with corporations and stocks itself

i can't get past the stocks or commodities taht end up hurting reagular common folk.

for example, say oil, if i invest in an oil stock and i make a profit off of it, it's cuz oil went up, thus gas prices went up,
taking money out of common folk, that could have used that money for everyday stuff like food.

i dont know i jsut dont trust corporations and being greedy and making profits, that kind of motive is just not in me.

how can i justify in investing in stocks, where i can see something good come out of it besides corporate greed?

Or look at it this way pimp. If you invest in the company and turn a profit, you get the profit instead of some other corporate greedy chump. It would be like you finally putting your hands back in their pockets and taking back what they already stole from you.

Plain and simple; fuck em or be fucked.

Nov 7, 2005

they got some funds out there that you can buy into and they only invest inmorally correct stuff. a lot of those evangelist types use them

Nov 2, 2002
you can make a lot of money in the market.
If you are afraid of losing a lot you can put a "stop" order on your stock, so it automatically sells once it gets to a certain price. You can use stops to lock in profits, or keep you from losing your ass.
Invest in what you know.
Im in American Apparel, i noticed their stores poping up everywhere and their clothes becomming trendy, so i figured their stock would go up a lot. So i got in at 5, and sold at 6.50 made a cool 2 Gz. Its gone down a lot since then, so i think its time to get back in

Jun 19, 2004
im constantly looking on the sicc for threads like this,i wish we had more entrepeneur/invesment/stocktrading threads.see all these fake ass gangsta mind numbing shit makes we not frequent as much as i used to.
START A MONEY FORUM!!!
http://siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=208590

bump that thread

I've been kicking my self for not putting some money in xmsirius when it was $.05. I had about $2-3 grand at the time. It's now at $.42 2 grand could have turned into 14k+

I've never actually traded single stocks, only got a 401k that made a profit during the whole down turn by leaving all my funds in anheuser-bush stock right after the news they where being bought out.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
Im in American Apparel, i noticed their stores poping up everywhere and their clothes becomming trendy, so i figured their stock would go up a lot. So i got in at 5, and sold at 6.50 made a cool 2 Gz. Its gone down a lot since then, so i think its time to get back in
Before you jump back in, sit and watch for a minute.

"American Apparel is on the verge of defaulting on $16 million of debt owed to the technology mogul Michael S. Dell that comes due a week from Friday. Shares of American Apparel have fallen from a high of $10.86 a share this year to $1.49 a share on Thursday because of anxiety about its ability to pay its debts."
This came from the NY TIMES back in March.

In another article dated this past monday, they were talking about some very odd moves the CEO is making that will probably land him in the thick of a class-action lawsuit from fired employees.
We Predict More Lawsuits in Dov Charney's Future

Just a heads up.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
I've been kicking myself for not putting some money in xmsirius when it was $.05. I had about $2-3 grand at the time. It's now at $.42 2 grand could have turned into 14k+
I still kick myself in the ass over Apple back in 99-00. That same 2k could have turned in over 40k the last I checked a few years ago. All I was trying to do was show the wife an example about investing and some stocks I was watching. You know, convince her it wasn`t throwing money away. I should have picked a different stock to show her though. It made my point, but pissed me off for not jumping on it.

All wasn`t lost though. I earned her trust in the matter, and anyone married knows the situation.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I still kick myself in the ass over Apple back in 99-00. That same 2k could have turned in over 40k the last I checked a few years ago. All I was trying to do was show the wife an example about investing and some stocks I was watching. You know, convince her it wasn`t throwing money away. I should have picked a different stock to show her though. It made my point, but pissed me off for not jumping on it.

All wasn`t lost though. I earned her trust in the matter, and anyone married knows the situation.
I know someone who invested over 25k in apple at that time........He dosent work anymore...

Nov 24, 2003
I don't know what happened with GNBT but NovaDel (NVD) was up 25% today.

That would have been a pretty decent penny stock play if anyone actually took the tip lol

EDIT: I don't know about going forward from here yet.

May 27, 2008
I like Marketwatch. You have to sign up but you can see the entire community's picks which are cool

Motley Fool has some decent advice

I just read the financial news all over...