Stocks (GNBT)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
Not only am I shocked to see a thread like this on the siccness, I`m glad. It`s good to see investment minds on here.

Everything in life is a gamble and investing is no different if you look at the fabric of it. You just have to remain a calm investor and pay attention to the "hustlers", not the media and scary ass investor trends. If you do your research on a stock and have full faith going into it, jump on it. You don`t want to sit here like myself later on wishing you would have. I had a chance around 99-00 to invest into Apple. Being a young father starting out, I also had other things I felt were more important to spend the money on, so I passed. One of the worst mistakes I`ve ever made in my life. I often think about what couldn`ve been..........

The one thing I`ve noticed, just like sports teams and musical tastes, not everyone will feel your stocks or ideas. Fuck it. Like I said, if you believe, that`s all that matters. Give your opinion and let those decide what they want to do with it, like this thread here. Thanks for the heads up and I hope to see more threads like this in the future.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
Investment question; thinking economic recovery.

How many on here have tried to start paying attention to alternative energy sectors?

With stimulus funds supposedly being allotted towards alternative energy, has anyone found interesting companies on the rise to pay attention to?

Or does anyone think that this sector will be the next "hot" market to explode in the near future?

May 27, 2008
Scottrade has a special right now where if you refer a new customer you both get 7 free trades. Usually it's only 3.

Haven't paid for a trade yet, and I've been investing for bout 3 years

Nov 2, 2002
schwab all day.
I got my checking, credit card, and brokerage account all through schwab, it all works together seamlessly. i cant transfer money between the 3 with 1 click

Nov 24, 2003
I use scottrade

As I tip I have had a ton of success channeling DXO as oil has remained unstable.

Buy at 3 sell at 4
Buy at 3 sell at 4
Buy at 3 sell at 4

I posted a good article in GOM the other day as to why tobacco stocks may be a good play as well

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
schwab all day.
I got my checking, credit card, and brokerage account all through schwab, it all works together seamlessly. i cant transfer money between the 3 with 1 click
Ive narrowed my options down and schwab is were im going.....

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
is this the smart people thread?
Man its the get up on game thread......Us regular cats need to help each other out when it comes to this corporate shit.......I think most cats on the sicc come from lower to middle class families......Some may be ricky shroder's.....But i dont think any of us are the upper 3-5% that run this shit......This is a thread we can talk in ways that we can understand and still make sense without all that politcal jargon bullshit.......This is the type of shit they dont teach us in most inner city high schools mane....Unless maybe you have a dope teacher......We will teach each other......

These responses are helping me....Real Talk.......

May 19, 2005
iv read a handful of stock/investment books,but are there any that really stand out,like your bible of investment.the books i read were informative but nothing that still stands out in my mind

im constantly looking on the sicc for threads like this,i wish we had more entrepeneur/invesment/stocktrading threads.see all these fake ass gangsta mind numbing shit makes we not frequent as much as i used to.
START A MONEY FORUM!!!

May 19, 2005
never herd so many people give props to scottrade
i allways thought it looked a lil weak,like a second grade trader
do they offer good info or do you guys do your own homework