The State of Siccness

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2015
Those would be considered outliers. 10-15 years ago there were thousands of thriving forums. Now days there's maybe dozens.
there's hella more lol smh

allhiphop
undergroundhiphop
reddit
lsa
kanyetothe
realgm
rotoworld
bitcointalk
stormfront
lakersground

and these are only forums that i know of .. they're all doin better than they ever did.

you just think forums is dead because this is probably the only forum u know. there are still thousands upon thousands of thriving forums out there.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
there's hella more lol smh

allhiphop
undergroundhiphop
reddit
lsa
kanyetothe
realgm
rotoworld
bitcointalk
stormfront
lakersground

and these are only forums that i know of .. they're all doin better than they ever did.

you just think forums is dead because this is probably the only forum u know. there are still thousands upon thousands of thriving forums out there.
I literally said -dozens- I'm fully aware there's -dozens- of thriving forums. There 100% aren't -thousands- like there used to be though.

Just because you can name 10 forums that are active, doesn't mean the format is alive and kicking. I also think you're mistaking activity with thriving. I just clicked on a few of the forums you mentioned. Lakersground for example has like 20 active threads in 48 hours. If 20 active threads is what you consider a thriving forum, we're gonna go in circles lol

and no this isn't the only forum I know. I post regularly on Sherdog which is probably one of the most active forums on the internet.

Feb 19, 2015
lol this is funny because you only listed 10
how is that funny? there's successful forums for everything out there..gaming, fishing, gardening, cooking, photographing beautiful sceneries .... practically everything u can think of. only on here do people assume forums are dead because of what happened to this one.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2015
I literally said -dozens- I'm fully aware there's -dozens- of thriving forums. There 100% aren't -thousands- like there used to be though.

Just because you can name 10 forums that are active, doesn't mean the format is alive and kicking. I also think you're mistaking activity with thriving. I just clicked on a few of the forums you mentioned. Lakersground for example has like 20 active threads in 48 hours. If 20 active threads is what you consider a thriving forum, we're gonna go in circles lol

and no this isn't the only forum I know. I post regularly on Sherdog which is probably one of the most active forums on the internet.
lakersground is a different breed of forum, because you can rarely create your own thread without it getting merged. every player has an official thread and all the discussion on said player needs to stay in there. so on the surface, it may not look like it's popping, but those 20 or so threads you mentioned are all hundreds of pages deep, and all grow 5+ pages daily.

forums are alive and well .. as long as it's based on something that still attracts interest, a forum with proper moderating and maintenance will thrive.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
how is that funny? there's successful forums for everything out there..gaming, fishing, gardening, cooking, photographing beautiful sceneries .... practically everything u can think of. only on here do people assume forums are dead because of what happened to this one.
It's funny because he said there's about a dozen and you said.. no you are wrong here's 10. Most forums have become reddit. there is an /r/ for everything. It sucks but it's true. Vast majority of forums move hella slow. You might find some that serve some niche purpose but none of them will ever have that community feel that we got back in the early 2000s.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lakersground is a different breed of forum, because you can rarely create your own thread without it getting merged. every player has an official thread and all the discussion on said player needs to stay in there. so on the surface, it may not look like it's popping, but those 20 or so threads you mentioned are all hundreds of pages deep, and all grow 5+ pages daily.

forums are alive and well .. as long as it's based on something that still attracts interest, a forum with proper moderating and maintenance will thrive.
Once again, you're mistaking activity, for thriving.

By your standards The Siccness is a thriving forum.

Feb 19, 2015
It's funny because he said there's about a dozen and you said.. no you are wrong here's 10. Most forums have become reddit. there is an /r/ for everything. It sucks but it's true. Vast majority of forums move hella slow. You might find some that serve some niche purpose but none of them will ever have that community feel that we got back in the early 2000s.
i listed 10, but also stated there's way more.....none of the forums around have a community feel? i don't post on any of those forums i listed outside of thecoli, boxden, and rotoworld, but all three of those spots definitely have that community aspect to them. thecoli is the main one i fux with and its poppin way more than this forum ever did. it's all about interest and maintenance brodie .. if pogs came back and became trendy again, you could start a pog forum with the latest software and it would pop like a mufucka, as long as it was maintained and kept up to date. unbias moderating goes a long way too.