Siccness College folks

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I was making more money than alot of people i know who went to college. I was welding on the pipeline. I was making 3 to 5k a week depending on the company/contractor. But i had to travel all the time and the places id go wasnt luxurious by any means. Freezin my ass off in south Dakota or Minnesota. I made alot of money but its hard work and u have to know wtf ur doing the x-ray all youre welds and could be really stressful at times. Id much rather have a nice office job making 80k a year wearing nice clothes around fine honeys rather than welding and making a 100k a year dirty as fuck no bitches and stuck in the middle of nowhere freezing or about to pass out frim a heat stroke in the summer working up to 17 hours a day 7 days a week. Cool thing was i could work like 6 months strait and take off for 4 or 5 months
Damn thats awesome. I feel like you deserve an ice cold beer

Mar 17, 2006
Haha yeah man that can be one lonely ass lifestyle. Its not for a person with kids or a wife. I remember several guys getting divorces and ruining there home life for that life. Some guys had travel trailers and there wives and kids would go with em. Which is the smartest way cause then the 100$ a day per diem is pocketed rather than using it for a hotel and eating out. I worked with a guy he said hed been married 7 times!! I did it for two years and said fuck this. I still weld and get paid real good but not as much as the pipline but atleast i go home everyday

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I have a bachelors in business administration. I would not have been able to land the job I have now if it weren't for my degree. So yeah, college is not for everyone. If you don't want to go that path, no problem, but don't act like a degree is meaningless. That just makes you sound bitter

Dec 12, 2006
I went to college for two years after HS, dropped out and tried to get into the trades, but I wanted to get into the unions, unions run San Francisco, anyway I spent three years waiting to get in, hella politics and eventually I got tired of waiting and went back and finished school at 25.

I'm now 27 and work a sales job but make damm good money and I didnt even really think about doing this before hand I just applied to every job I could find and landed this one.

You don't know whats out there until you go look

Jan 5, 2006
I have a bachelors in business administration. I would not have been able to land the job I have now if it weren't for my degree. So yeah, college is not for everyone. If you don't want to go that path, no problem, but don't act like a degree is meaningless. That just makes you sound bitter
I remember a couple years back you said you were working on the degree, good to know you got it. Congrats.

Jun 5, 2004
My boy graduated from uc davis, came back, and could not find a job for hellla long... A d when he did it was a job that didnt even require any kind of degree it was a bicycle store. Probably the smartest muthafucka i know, and hes white, lol that shit is hella depressing... I think he got political science degree so i know theres better shit to study to get a job after, but still. Costed at least 100k and never got him a job

Oviously its good to go to college if u can, but be careful how much you time and money you invest/owe to your education... Because college dosent guarentee a job

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
200 college credits and counting....keeps me out of trouble, and still $0 in student loan debt...

For the record the whole college aint for me excuse is nothing but utter bullshit. I'm not saying its the only way by any means.

I graduated high school with a 1.7 GPA... yeah a D average.... they only let me graduate because less than 50% of us did and they needed numbers bad. I was out hustlin and robbin when I wasn't playing sports. My only goal in life was an illegal way.

Hood tales is what changed me and made me believe there has to be a better way.

I remember bitches used to even doubt me when I told them I was going to school and what type of money I could make in those days, legally. Its laughable thinking about those convos.

I have graduated from all of my degree programs with GPAs between 3.25 and 3.7.

Believe in yourself and let money be the motivation.

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
You're talking about Stanford that's outta my league but I put my two cents in.
Kind of funny you said that like that. I am contemplating emancipating my daughter in high school so she can potentially qualify for a hardship scholarship to Harvard. I'm not saying I'm going to but it may be an option. She is a 3.7 GPA student in HS, so she is capable of doing well in college. Even C students at Harvard get high paying jobs because their resume says Harvard. Might as well go for the gusto....just trying to keep her focused that there are better options than "State" schools. If she gets a full ride wherever she goes I already told her she can keep every cent I have saved up for her to go to college. If that ain't motivation.....

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Currently go to a local CC, got one more semester and I'll have my AAS in Cisco Networking Technology finished.

After that I'll probably finish up the other AAS I started a few years ago, got about 15 credits to finish an AAS in Programming and System Analysis.

This time next year both should be wrapped up.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Currently go to a local CC, got one more semester and I'll have my AAS in Cisco Networking Technology finished.

After that I'll probably finish up the other AAS I started a few years ago, got about 15 credits to finish an AAS in Programming and System Analysis.

This time next year both should be wrapped up.
Even though it's early, congrats. I worked heavily with Cisco routers and switches when I built military computer systems and networks, I never did get my cert though because it wasn't necessary for what I do now but still nice to have and opens other doors. Powerful stuff.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Even though it's early, congrats. I worked heavily with Cisco routers and switches when I built military computer systems and networks, I never did get my cert though because it wasn't necessary for what I do now but still nice to have and opens other doors. Powerful stuff.
Yeah one cool thing about this program I'm in is they give us a voucher to take CCNA for free when we finish up a series of 4 classes within the program. I still got a Linux Red Hat voucher I can use from some elective classes I took last year.

People bag on Community Colleges, but they definitely set you up for relevant work related certs.

Jun 21, 2016
Yeah one cool thing about this program I'm in is they give us a voucher to take CCNA for free when we finish up a series of 4 classes within the program. I still got a Linux Red Hat voucher I can use from some elective classes I took last year.

People bag on Community Colleges, but they definitely set you up for relevant work related certs.
Speaking of Cisco, this is on my to read list. Any tips for practical applications? I was thinking of a ghost shell or something to prac on.