Rza "image could invoke a fear into a white officer"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 3, 2002
**Old news**( january) but I didn't see the Sicc's opinions on it...

Rza, legendary producer and rapper said this

"When you think about some of the brothers who are being brutalized by the police, you also got to have them take a look, and us take a look, in the mirror, at the image we portray. If I’m a cop and every time I see a young black youth, whether I watch them on TV, movies, or just see them hanging out, and they’re not looking properly dressed, properly refined, you know, carrying himself, conducting himself proper hours of the day—things that a man does, you’re going to have a certain fear and stereotype of them. I tell my sons, I say, if you’re going somewhere, you don’t have to wear a hoodie–we live in New York, so a hoodie and all that is all good. But sometimes, you know, button up your shirt. Clean up. Look like a young man. You’re not a little kid, you know what I mean? I think that’s another big issue we gotta pay attention to. Is the image that we portray that could invoke a fear into a white officer, or any officer."

I'd say that he fucked up, and takes a major L with this statement.

What you think?

May 9, 2002
**Old news**( january) but I didn't see the Sicc's opinions on it...

Rza, legendary producer and rapper said this

"When you think about some of the brothers who are being brutalized by the police, you also got to have them take a look, and us take a look, in the mirror, at the image we portray. If I’m a cop and every time I see a young black youth, whether I watch them on TV, movies, or just see them hanging out, and they’re not looking properly dressed, properly refined, you know, carrying himself, conducting himself proper hours of the day—things that a man does, you’re going to have a certain fear and stereotype of them. I tell my sons, I say, if you’re going somewhere, you don’t have to wear a hoodie–we live in New York, so a hoodie and all that is all good. But sometimes, you know, button up your shirt. Clean up. Look like a young man. You’re not a little kid, you know what I mean? I think that’s another big issue we gotta pay attention to. Is the image that we portray that could invoke a fear into a white officer, or any officer."

I'd say that he fucked up, and takes a major L with this statement.

What you think?
For telling the truth? I dont think so. What he says is 10000000% true....perception is everything. Are they right? Are they fair? No. But they exist.

My CEO always harps on "looking good" in our workplace, even though no one sees us. We wear ties to work every day. He feels that when you look good, you work better. I dont always agree. But if a client decides to come by for a tour, it could make a difference...because clients, especially when they know you handle their money, want to know you are "trust worthy". What does that mean? Well, how do the folks at BoA look when you cash your pay check? What if they were wearing du-rags, dickies, and a tank top with all their tats showing? Would you hand over your pay check?

We live in a world where we have built schemas of what things should be. Consider this: a woman gets raped three times..all by black men. Do you think she will develop a fear of all black men? You bet your fuckin ass.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2006
For telling the truth? I dont think so. What he says is 10000000% true....perception is everything. Are the right? Are they fair? No. But they exists.

My CEO always harps on "looking good" in our workplace, even though no one sees us. We wear ties to work every day. He feels that when you look good, you work better. I dont always agree. But if a client decides to come by for a tour, it could make a difference...because clients, especially when they know you handle their money, want to know you are "trust worthy". What does that mean? Well, how do the folks a BoA look when you cash your pay check? What if they were wearing du-rags, dickies, and a tank top with all their tats showing? Would you hand over your pay check?

We live in a world where we have built schemas of what things should be. Consider this: a woman gets raped three times..all by black men. Do you think she will develop a fear of all black men? You bet your fuckin ass.
Fuck you and your "RACIST" analogy. We know what news network you watch. Let me guess you thought Palin would have made one hell of a VP huh? You full of shit motherfuckers like rap too i guess!!!!! LOL....

May 9, 2002
Fuck you and your "RACIST" analogy. We know what news network you watch. Let me guess you thought Palin would have made one hell of a VP huh? You full of shit motherfuckers like rap too i guess!!!!! LOL....
Why is "racist" in quotations? That doesn't make any sense.

LOL @ being racist, and posting on a hip-hop board for over 15 years. Yeah...you blew my cover. SMH

Who is this buffoon?

Sep 3, 2002
Why is "racist" in quotations? That doesn't make any sense.

LOL @ being racist, and posting on a hip-hop board for over 15 years. Yeah...you blew my cover. SMH

Who is this buffoon?
You don't really believe that being a hip hop fan makes you exempt from being racist do you?

If you honestly think that, you arent paying very good attention.

:ermm:
Paying attention to what? Other posts by you? or those analogies/ anecdotes you used to make your point?

These schema you're talking about are built by ignorance and paranoia. We don't have to accept them simply cause they exist.

Civilians should not have to fear the police because of the way they're dressed. Fuck that.

May 9, 2002
You don't really believe that being a hip hop fan makes you exempt from being racist do you?
Not necessarily, but it sure would be a huge oxymoron wouldnt it?Especially after that many years? Cmon now.

Paying attention to what? Other posts by you? or those analogies/ anecdotes you used to make your point?
Obviously. If they are going over your head, that sounds like a personal problem.

These schema you're talking about are built by ignorance and paranoia. We don't have to accept them simply cause they exist.
They are? Or are they built out of personal experiences?

:ermm:

Civilians should not have to fear the police because of the way they're dressed. Fuck that.
Who said they should?