RIP Prodigy of Mobb Deep

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 11, 2006
Prodigy, New York rap legend and one-half of hip-hop group Mobb Deep alongside Havoc, has passed away, a rep has confirmed to Billboard. The 42-year-old was hospitalized in Las Vegas several days ago due to complications caused by a sickle cell anemia crisis, a disease he has battled since birth.

"It is with extreme sadness and disbelief that we confirm the death of our dear friend Albert Johnson, better known to millions of fans as Prodigy of legendary NY rap duo Mobb Deep," a statement from the rep read. "We would like to thank everyone for respecting the family's privacy at this time."

News first spread of the rapper's passing from an Instagram post from Nas. "---- QB RIP King P. Prodigy 4 Ever," he wrote.

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
don't feel bad about that one at all, reap what you sow
What do you mean by that ?

A friend of mine here in Australia ran a promo company for a while and he brought out some big name artists, Mobb Deep was one of them. He didn't sell enough tickets to cover costs but he still went ahead with the show because it meant a smaller loss. We all went to the club to help out so he didn't have to hire staff.

Mob Deep's DJ went onstage and started hyping up the crowd, and then just as they were supposed to go out they turned around and demanded more money or they weren't going to perform. Blackmailed him. He paid them the additional money to have the show go ahead but then refused to pay hotels and other things for the rest of the trip.

VERSACERO

smoking meth with steve
Mar 14, 2004
I heard one mobb deep song the one with the scarface beat with nas I tried to check them out but I thought they were pretty whack!! cheeto @cheeto

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2006
I heard one mobb deep song the one with the scarface beat with nas I tried to check them out but I thought they were pretty whack!! cheeto @cheeto
That hell on earth album had some nice tracks. Like 'more trife life' and 'animal instincts'