Racial Profiling

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
I for one don't think you are a racist. However your posts come off as since inequality never happened to you then it doesn't exist and Europe is some sort of harmonious utopia. Do you think all humans are afforded the same opportunities?
At the end of the day sure there is racial profiling. But there's also stereo typing as well. My homie looks like cris Angel. Hella tatted up. Used to get pulled over by the cops regularly when he had his Infiniti. Cops thought he was a meth dealer.
Sure, I don't think that's right. Harassing someone for the way they look is wrong. I'm sure we've all judged someone based on their appearances at some point or another, reaching conclusions which are not necessarily true based on the way people look/dress, etc. But an individual must be judged as an individual, based the things that the individual, and nobody else, has said and done. That's why I think it would be wrong to base your judgement of an individual on the actions of other individuals of the same ethnicity/profession/whatever.

I guess that rambly nonsense is all I really have to say about racial profiling, I don't think it's right. But on the topic of Europe, I don't think it's a perfect place. It's not hard to see how tensions have been rising on the continent following Merkel's disastrous open door refugee policy which, surprise surprise, has been heavily abused: the vast majority of people arriving have been fit, working aged men; ISIS has evidently used the crisis to move Jihadists into Europe (just look at the wave of terror attacks we've been experiencing); and anywhere from 90-99% of 'refugees' are not from Syria and are, in fact, economic migrants (hence the continued movement through safe nations like Turkey to ones with greater welfare). Continental Europe is a fucking shitheap, not just for the huge numbers of fundamental Islamists in France and Germany, but also for the inevitable result of that: the rise of the Far-Right. Marine Le Pen's Front National is topping polls in France, Geert Wilders' Party For Freedom (an ironic name given the fact that they wish to totally ban the Qur'an, close all Mosques, and deport all Muslims who commit crimes) is gaining momentum in the Netherlands, the Alternative For Germany is looking like it's about to have a very promising election year, and Golden Dawn has alarming levels of support in Greece.

This rise of the far-right in Europe is simply reactionary. It's ugly, but the leftists made it. I already addressed Merkel destroying Europe with her disastrous policies (tourism in Paris is at record lows, Oktoberfest just had it's lowest attendance since the aftermath of 9/11), but look at Hollande's weak leadership, and the French Prime Minister's comments on people needing to "learn to live with terrorism." Something I've learn from history is that it always repeats itself and the pendulum swings. We've just seen the Bienno Rosso, now we have to watch the rise of Mussolini.

And it's a real fucking shame. I have to admit Butcher did a great job of describing the whole situation the other day when he said that no side wants to have a rational discussion with the other side, it's all "us against them." That'll be our downfall.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Sure, I don't think that's right. Harassing someone for the way they look is wrong. I'm sure we've all judged someone based on their appearances at some point or another, reaching conclusions which are not necessarily true based on the way people look/dress, etc. But an individual must be judged as an individual, based the things that the individual, and nobody else, has said and done. That's why I think it would be wrong to base your judgement of an individual on the actions of other individuals of the same ethnicity/profession/whatever.

I guess that rambly nonsense is all I really have to say about racial profiling, I don't think it's right. But on the topic of Europe, I don't think it's a perfect place. It's not hard to see how tensions have been rising on the continent following Merkel's disastrous open door refugee policy which, surprise surprise, has been heavily abused: the vast majority of people arriving have been fit, working aged men; ISIS has evidently used the crisis to move Jihadists into Europe (just look at the wave of terror attacks we've been experiencing); and anywhere from 90-99% of 'refugees' are not from Syria and are, in fact, economic migrants (hence the continued movement through safe nations like Turkey to ones with greater welfare). Continental Europe is a fucking shitheap, not just for the huge numbers of fundamental Islamists in France and Germany, but also for the inevitable result of that: the rise of the Far-Right. Marine Le Pen's Front National is topping polls in France, Geert Wilders' Party For Freedom (an ironic name given the fact that they wish to totally ban the Qur'an, close all Mosques, and deport all Muslims who commit crimes) is gaining momentum in the Netherlands, the Alternative For Germany is looking like it's about to have a very promising election year, and Golden Dawn has alarming levels of support in Greece.

This rise of the far-right in Europe is simply reactionary. It's ugly, but the leftists made it. I already addressed Merkel destroying Europe with her disastrous policies (tourism in Paris is at record lows, Oktoberfest just had it's lowest attendance since the aftermath of 9/11), but look at Hollande's weak leadership, and the French Prime Minister's comments on people needing to "learn to live with terrorism." Something I've learn from history is that it always repeats itself and the pendulum swings. We've just seen the Bienno Rosso, now we have to watch the rise of Mussolini.

And it's a real fucking shame. I have to admit Butcher did a great job of describing the whole situation the other day when he said that no side wants to have a rational discussion with the other side, it's all "us against them." That'll be our downfall.
No one wants to find solutions. Just pointing the finger

May 14, 2002
What are your thoughts on Charles Darwin's 'The Descent Of Man?'
Don't know man, haven't read the book. I'll try to look in to it soon.

I don't know I wasn't present when evolution happened.

Point I was trying to make is that no matter where you come from its not an even playing field. Sometimes race is a factor and sometimes class is a factor.

I wasn't there either but the obvious answer is 'no'

I'd say in the west there's only rich and poor or you have to have the right connections but how is race still a factor today tho?

May 9, 2002
The irony of this post is golden.
I dont think you know what irony means.

ANYWAYS

Stop and search is a disgrace across the UK – not just in our cities | Kehinde Andrews | Opinion | The Guardian

Police up to 28 times more likely to stop and search black people – study | Law | The Guardian

Stop and search 'racial profiling' by police on the increase, claims study | Law | The Guardian

Nah, no racial issues at ALL. Not racial profiling either.

Any place where white people are the majority, and you have many cultures and other ethnicities residing there, you are going to have racial issues. Its just a fact. It happens all around the world. UK is not exempt.

Bye.

May 9, 2002
Here's another yes or no question: Did I ever claim there was no racial tension?

What a fascinating strawman.
Funny how you editing the quesiton out, so I added it back in for you. Because, you know, you owned yourself and took it out.

You had a long as post about how London is the end of the rainbow and all races get along. Rasan asked if you are from the hood, and you said NO. So strawman these fuckin nuts...how the FUCK would you know about any of that shit if you are living nice in a white ass neighborhood???

And the name of the thread is RACIAL PROFILING. Hello??? Is anyone home?

We are done here. Bye.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
You had a long as post about how London is the end of the rainbow and all races get along. Rasan asked if you are from the hood, and you said NO. So strawman these fuckin nuts...how the FUCK would you know about any of that shit if you are living nice in a white ass neighborhood???
Ignoring the fact that I never actually said that (there's a difference between systematic disadvantaging/legal or economic discrimination, and social tensions), I can't quite comprehend the level of stupidity in this post.

In case you're so inept that you fail to realize why this is funny...

You had a long as post about how
there is just as much racial profiling in the UK as there is in the US.
Rasan asked if you are from any part of the UK, and you said NO. So strawman these fuckin nuts...how the FUCK would you know about any of that shit if you are living on the other side of the fucking globe???

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
Fun fact: I've spent a lot more time in impoverished British neighbourhoods than you and spoken to a lot more black people from the UK. I've also studied, both formally and informally, discrimination in Britain.

Try teaching your grandmother to suck eggs

May 9, 2002
Fun fact: I've spent a lot more time in impoverished British neighbourhoods than you and spoken to a lot more black people from the UK. I've also studied, both formally and informally, discrimination in Britain.

Try teaching your grandmother to suck eggs
Oh, im sure you have. I can see it now:

"Excuse me negro, do you feel that police men harass you?"

My grandmother is dead. Both of them. How about we teach you not to be such a buffoon instead? Time much better spent.