A Question For You Californians

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I'd probably have gone to Hawaii or Vegas by now if I hadn't married "up"

My dad left the Bay Area where he lived all his life to move to Maui and never returned except to visit one time. He says a lot of people who grew up on the island are moving to Vegas...same goes for the Bay too...lots of people relocating to Las Vegas

Props: Mr G and Mr G
Apr 5, 2016
I'd probably have gone to Hawaii or Vegas by now if I hadn't married "up"

My dad left the Bay Area where he lived all his life to move to Maui and never returned except to visit one time. He says a lot of people who grew up on the island are moving to Vegas...same goes for the Bay too...lots of people relocating to Las Vegas
i really don't get why the fuck ppl would want to move there???

i don't even wanna go on weekend trips there.

i can do everything here in LA (and more) that i can in vegas...

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)

you can get a fat ass house where the crime rate is low and the public school ratings are high...and you're still close to Los Angeles...as a parent that's what would attract me to it

if I was younger and single, I would go just to have a constant stream of young attractive ladies

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas

I fuck with LA pretty regularly, i agree its poppin.

I came to vegas on a work transfer for a higher salary coupled with no state tax, a way lower over all cost of living and i am a fat ass alcholic with no kids who loves to gamble so Im happy here..still pretty close to home and what all cali has to offer..

& Non taken homie

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Since I moved to Phoenix 5 years ago I noticed like half the people I meet are from California and all of them are from LA or the Bay. They all have the same story too....cost of living.

Places like Phoenix and Vegas are perfect for people from Cali trying to escape the high cost of living. Housing cost is like 1/3 here as it is in LA or the Bay, there's a decent job market, and it's still close enough to home where you can basically visit Cali any weekend you want.

Apr 5, 2016
if the motivation for relocation is housing costs, school districts, and job markets; then there are a myriad of better options than vegas imo.

Apr 5, 2016
almost all the draws of vegas can be found in most major metropolitan cities...

but i do understand the real of 24 hour social activities.

45Yr Old Virgin

Franchise War Veteran
Apr 25, 2002
Cuckanada
yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com
i figured most moved to nevada or arizona, the folks i knew did go there.

i think henderson is the one city i think people go to but i could be wrong. i just remember reading how folks said don't bother moving to vegas cause of the recession just making it not worth it.

i'm surprised no one here has said they moved to utah, washington, oregon or colorado, i'd think that's another places californians relocate to. i always see comments about knowing when it's a californian that moves to colorado by the way they drive in the winter.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
i figured most moved to nevada or arizona, the folks i knew did go there.

i think henderson is the one city i think people go to but i could be wrong. i just remember reading how folks said don't bother moving to vegas cause of the recession just making it not worth it.

i'm surprised no one here has said they moved to utah, washington, oregon or colorado, i'd think that's another places californians relocate to. i always see comments about knowing when it's a californian that moves to colorado by the way they drive in the winter.
Henderson basically is Vegas...it's a suburb that's like 10 miles from the strip.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
I've lived in 8 different cities, 8 different hoods, 3 different states and errything about CA outweighs the cost of living here. Drugs, women, food, weather , music, all the different cultures. AZ and NV are probably similar since they're so close

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Born in San Francisco, was raised there and in Daly City. Moved to the east bay and lived all throughout that whole area and moved back to D.C. In 08. I went back and forth from D.c to Antioch for years until I joined the Army. I'm now stationed in Baumholder, Germany.
Reppin that norte with evil schveetz

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I left California for the same reason as most: cost of living. We moved to Texas so we didn't have to pay a state income tax anymore. The house we purchased would probably cost double in California. Gas is around $2.00 a gallon. All of my family is still in California, but at least my wife's family is only a 2-hour drive away.