Pepper your angus folks...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
not sure why people are so obsessed with robots taking over jobs

this will end bad
fuck taking incomes away from people to replace with fuckin machines
In a way I understand what you are saying, however, at the same time, there will always be jobs in this type of system, until their systems reaches a point where they no longer need human labor or consumer$- and we on this site will no longer exist anyway. The jobs will change, they always do. This is why I raise mine (children) to focus on jobs that pay well and that won't be replaced by robots in their lifetime while also keeping the things they love to do rolling, to possibly turn those into streams of income.

Replacing the fast food worker with a robot? I'm all for it. The person fixing and maintaining the robots is going to be the job of that future.

Just like my current job, it will be fully automated eventually, except I was smart enough to have enough forethought to have my employer pay for more education that will lead me to anything and anywhere I want.

People being content with being lazy bottom feeders, wanting to make a life out of dead end jobs- I say forget THEM. We don't need em

Nov 24, 2003
not sure why people are so obsessed with robots taking over jobs

this will end bad
fuck taking incomes away from people to replace with fuckin machines

In some cases its a public health issue. 30 thousand people a year die in car accidents. In other cases its a quality control or productivity. In some ways it's a humanitarian issue. If your entire life is based on driving 1hr each way to stand in a factory line screwing in the same widget to the same gadget 1,000 times a day. Only to drive an hour home to eat, shit, sleep, and wake up to do it again the next day - that is not much of a life.

In the short term while we live in a world that is predicated on someone having a job to survive, you are right this is going to create massive problems. But if we look to the future, if robots do all the work, then the entire economy will evolve so that a job isn't the cornerstone of society that it is today.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Current US Economy can (for now) be explained by:

Cobb–Douglas production function

In economics and econometrics, the Cobb–Douglas production function is a particular functional form of the production function, widely used to represent the technological relationship between the amounts of two or more inputs (particularly physical capital and labor) and the amount of output that can be produced by those inputs. The Cobb–Douglas form was developed and tested against statistical evidence by Charles Cobb and Paul Douglas during 1927–1947.

Formulation
In its most standard form for production of a single good with two factors, the function is

where:

Y = total production (the real value of all goods produced in a year or 365.25 days)
L = labor input (the total number of person-hours worked in a year or 365.25 days)
K = capital input (the real value of all machinery, equipment, and buildings) Definition of buildings need clarification. In the context of Capital, buildings include labor. Instead, commodities should be added.
A = total factor productivity and your usual depreciation by utility in day after
α and β are the output elasticities of capital and labor, respectively. These values are constants determined by available technology.

Output elasticity measures the responsiveness of output to a change in levels of either labor or capital used in production, ceteris paribus. For example, if α = 0.45, a 1% increase in capital usage would lead to approximately a 0.45% increase in output.

Sometimes the term has a more restricted meaning, requiring that the function display constant returns to scale, meaning that doubling the usage of capital K and labor L will also double output Y. This holds if

α + β = 1,

If

&#945; + &#946; < 1,

returns to scale are decreasing, and if

&#945; + &#946; > 1,

returns to scale are increasing. Assuming perfect competition and &#945; + &#946; = 1, &#945; and &#946; can be shown to be capital's and labor's shares of output.

In its generalized form, the Cobb-Douglas function models more than two goods. The Cobb&#8211;Douglas function may be written as:

where:

A is an efficiency parameter
L is the total number of goods
x1, ..., xL are the (non-negative) quantities of good consumed, produced, etc.
is an elasticity parameter for good I