Peanut Allergies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Houston
What the fuck is up with all of the peanut allergies nowadays? I never knew anyone when I was growing up who had peanut allergies. Now, 12 kids in our school of 280 students have peanut allergies that could result in death. This is going to be the eradication of the American population. I can foresee our enemies using peanut bombs for chemical warfare in the future.

Anybody here allergic to peanuts or know people allergic? Has their whole household situation been changed, i.e. "nut-free houses"?

Jul 12, 2002
IMO the whole peanut allergy thing is blown way out of proportion. From what I've read, the only way somebody with a peanut allergy will die is if they also have asthma. I also read that you can desensitize people with peanut allergies by giving them tiny doses of peanut powder and gradually increasing the amount every day.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
IMO the whole peanut allergy thing is blown way out of proportion. I also read that you can desensitize people with peanut allergies by giving them tiny doses of peanut powder and gradually increasing the amount every day.
Agree with that. I, too, have also read that if they are exposed at low levels and it's gradually increased, they will build up a tolerance. If I had a child with peanut allergies, I would put in the time to try to help them overcome it. But most parents are too wrapped up in themselves and their careers to do any kind of parenting. They expect everyone else to do it for them, which is why their child will have the peanut allergies their entire life.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I was allergic to peanuts as a kid (had asthma and still do)...Till about 10 or 11...I was also allergic to chicken coming up till about 6 or 7 years old .....Not allergic to both anymore... needless to say Reese's pieces are my favorite candy and Chicken is one of my favorite foods...Im still allergic to coconuts, almonds, cashews, pine nuts, walnuts....basically all tree nuts...Ive never had an almond joy..Ive heard they were good....

But yeah to answer your question when i was coming up i couldn't be around the things i was allergic 2...I remember cracking walnuts at a neighbors house when i was young and ended up with a swollen face and a bad reaction....I still have to read labels hella hard on things i think that have tree nuts in it, like bread and all types of deserts....mY kids aren't allergic to any foods tho.....

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
I was also allergic to chicken coming up till about 6 or 7 years old .....Not allergic to both anymore... needless to say Reese's pieces are my favorite candy and Chicken is one of my favorite foods...
I love chicken so much, man (no CBrennan)...I would still continue to eat chicken every fucking day even if I was allergic to chicken.