Pancreatitis

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
....sucks. Anyone ever get it? I woke up at 3 am today doubled over in pain. Finally drove myself to the ER at 7 o'clock and it turns out I have raging pancreatitis from massive amounts of tecate. I'm on 2 mg dilaudid every 2 hrs and still hurtin bad

Cool story I know. But anyone had it before?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I don't drink nearly as often as a lot of the people on here (that's not a shot at anyone). My problem is binge drinking. I can go lengths without drinking and not even really care but it's either get hammered or stay sober for me I can't do the whole "I'll have a few drinks on my day off to unwind" type of thing I just almost always get Bluto'd when I drink. I generally drink once a week these days and usually at most 4-6 times a month.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
....sucks. Anyone ever get it? I woke up at 3 am today doubled over in pain. Finally drove myself to the ER at 7 o'clock and it turns out I have raging pancreatitis from massive amounts of tecate. I'm on 2 mg dilaudid every 2 hrs and still hurtin bad

I spent 7 days in the hospital in july for pancreatitis. Worst pain I;ve ever felt. I was drinking about a fifth a day for about a year, then forth of july day I woke up and felt like I'd been gut shot. It took me a few hours to realize I needed to go to the hospital, and by that time it was late afternoon, and I live by one of the big fourth of july spots in seattle, so not only was everyone I know already too drunk for me to call for a ride, but there was no way I was getting a cab. I waited it out until the next day when a broad rolled over and drove me to the ER. I hadn't been able to tolerate booze all night, so I was having DTs by the time I hit the ER.

I Stopped breathing at one point on night 3 or 4 from all the dilaudid and ativan and got a code called on me. Woke up trying to fight off a bunch of orderlies who had gotten my legs restrained but couldnt get my arms, a couple security gaurds rushed in with cuffs, but luckily my doc came in at the same time, and talked me down and they took me out of restraints when I calmed down.

Every time I get any sort of pain in my midsection these days I get scared as fuck.

Hope you recover quick, breh. That shit is NOT the business.

Jan 5, 2006
My wife was trippin she thought I was going to die or something all cryin...I felt bad but good that she cared
Gotta take better care of yourself fam...

listen to your body, it never lies.

Besides... being drunk is cool and all but it really means you're poisoned and your liver did all it could to filter out the alcohol to prevent you from getting "poisoned"

May 4, 2002

My best friend was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks with this. He was dealing with issues and mixed meds with hard liq + 40z every day ( for who knows how long). I actually ran into him @ the hospital @ random. I was getting into an elevator and I hear my boy yell my name, I turn around and hes being carted off.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA

That sucks man I've never had it thankfully. I hope you feel better quick

I don't know how you folks can drink every single day I've really tried and worked at it but I just can't become dependent on alcohol no matter how hard I try :'(

Hood Rat Matt

Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
That sucks man I've never had it thankfully. I hope you feel better quick

I don't know how you folks can drink every single day I've really tried and worked at it but I just can't become dependent on alcohol no matter how hard I try :'(
Consider it a blessing

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com

No, I don't have that and never experienced it. What I did experience last week was Direct Vision Internal Urethrotomy or DVIU. When I was around 20 I took a nasty bump and was bleeding below the belt but never thought it would come back to haunt me like it did. In short, I was put to sleep, a tube was stuck down my throat, they went inside my dick with a camera, went inside my dick with a knife and made cuts so they can get the camera inside and look at my bladder (which is doing fine now but wasn't before.)

So I woke up hours later with a catheter inside of me and a bag strapped to my leg. Oh but it gets better! Side effects from the anesthesia and tube down my throat? Oh it was nothing, just a bit of vomiting blood and strong tingling sensations/numbness from my elbows to my fingers and from my knees to my toes. Constipation? You bet.

All of that was last monday, I went in on friday to have the catheter removed, I couldn't do it another day. Now when I piss it comes out like a water hose and I'm done in no time.

So, do you want to trade places? Whatever the case, I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

and props to S.SAVAGE @S.SAVAGE and EDJ @EDJ . They were the only members who knew what was going on or what had happened and they were keeping me in good spirits.

Oh, I forgot this one. When he removed the catheter? Worst feeling EVER. My folks heard me scream and they were rooms away. He deflated it, asked was I ready, I said yes and then he yanked it out. WORST. FEELING. EVER.

Last edited:

Hood Rat Matt

Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I was next to a guy who went through almost exactly what you went through. He was discharged yesterday after 11 days. Sounds awful and I think I'd take what I got over what u got. I'm Probably not going to drink for a long time after this. My wife and I got a little boy due in March so its perfect timing really. I'll lose some weight and get in shape

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I was next to a guy who went through almost exactly what you went through. He was discharged yesterday after 11 days. Sounds awful and I think I'd take what I got over what u got. I'm Probably not going to drink for a long time after this. My wife and I got a little boy due in March so its perfect timing really. I'll lose some weight and get in shape
Pimp, live your life for yourself, wife and little boy. The shit I went through put a different perspective on things for me. If I'm in my 30's and experiencing this shit, and I'm "healthy" then what will life be like when I'm 60 or 70? We're fragile man, human beings are fragile and I actually have a new found respect for athelets who undergo surgery, women who give birth or need surgery, because the shit is NO JOKE.

My pops drank for most of his life but he never had what you had but when my uncle (his bro) passed away he quit cold turkey. You found what you needed for change in your wife and newborn. You can do it. No matter what you trying to shake or what you going through, always remember that someone in your life wants you to do better and needs you to do better.

You're gonna beat this shit.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
Oh, I forgot this one. When he removed the catheter? Worst feeling EVER. My folks heard me scream and they were rooms away. He deflated it, asked was I ready, I said yes and then he yanked it out. WORST. FEELING. EVER.
It is the worst feeling ever. I broke my humerus bone this summer and that was nothing compared to when I had a catheter pulled out of me 4-5 years ago.