OFFICIAL FLAT FUCKING EARTH THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
“Oceania is the world.”
“But the world itself is only a speck of dust. And man is tiny — helpless! How long has he been in existence? For millions of years the earth was uninhabited.”
“Nonsense. The earth is as old as we are, no older. How could it be older? Nothing exists except through human consciousness.”
“But the rocks are full of the bones of extinct animals — mammoths and mastodons and enormous reptiles which lived here long before man was ever heard of.”
“Have you ever seen those bones, Winston? Of course not. Nineteenth-century biologists invented them. Before man there was nothing. After man, if he could come to an end, there would be nothing. Outside man there is nothing.”
“But the whole universe is outside us. Look at the stars! Some of them are a million light-years away. They are out of our reach forever.”
“What are the stars?” said O’Brien indifferently. “They are bits of fire a few kilometers away. We could reach them if we wanted to. Or we could blot them out. The earth is the center of the universe. The sun and stars go round it.”
. . . O’Brien continued as though answering a spoken objection:
“For certain purposes, of course, that is not true. When we navigate the ocean, or when we predict an eclipse, we often find it convenient to assume that the earth goes round the sun and that the stars are millions upon millions of kilometers away. But what of it?

Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?”For the state and dominant ideologies to attain total power over the minds of the populace, doublethink must be applied to the entire cosmos. Existential truths must be destroyed at all levels, especially on a grand scale with regard to our place in the universe. That’s why tribes, nations, and holy warriors are so efficient at producing endless wars and totalitarian societies, with the prophets, populace, and political leaders pretending to be channeling deities and Creators of the universe."
As George Orwell explained in 1984, doublethink must be extended to the entire universe to defend the regimes of domination.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
so if earth is tilted on its axis, how is it that polaris is Always over the north pole?
Example. when the earth is on the left side of the sun in its orbit, polaris is pointing slight left (because of the tilt)
Now when the sun makes it to the right side of its orbit around the sun, we still see polaris. Why? even tho its 186 million miles away from the opposite side of its orbit around the sun. The north star is still over the north pole?

they're explanation is that polaris is soo far away (2.5 quadrillion miles away) that there is no detectable parallax between the earth in say June to the earths position late in the year. doesn't make sense

Attachments

Dec 11, 2006
Smiley- why don't you go take an astronomy class at skyline. The professor there can help you understand the earth and it's relation to the universe. Stop looking at YouTube videos and educate yourself properly
^^^^^^smiley. For a few dollars a Unit you can educate yourself. It's an easy class to pass if you put in the work. Get an A and we can take your bullshit seriously

May 9, 2002
so if earth is tilted on its axis, how is it that polaris is Always over the north pole?
Example. when the earth is on the left side of the sun in its orbit, polaris is pointing slight left (because of the tilt)
Now when the sun makes it to the right side of its orbit around the sun, we still see polaris. Why? even tho its 186 million miles away from the opposite side of its orbit around the sun. The north star is still over the north pole?

they're explanation is that polaris is soo far away (2.5 quadrillion miles away) that there is no detectable parallax between the earth in say June to the earths position late in the year. doesn't make sense
It doesnt make sense because you dont understand size ratios in reality. NO FE'er can, thats the problem. You all think you are going to see curvature at even 30000 feet up? Bruh...

Ill say it again. 25,000 miles AROUND. Think about that. It takes you what, 20 minutes to walk a mile? A mile. A single fucking mile. That is .004% of the entire earth.

Let it sink in. At some point, you have to get it... Right?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2002
Are you that dense that you don't see how that diagram you attached showed is completely out of scale? It shows the distance between the sun and earth to be about half the distance between the earth and Polaris. We'll round up and say the distance between the sun and earth is 100 million miles. If it's 2.5 quadrillion miles between the earth and Polaris, that's 2,500,000,000 million miles.

2,500,000,000 / 100 = 25,000,000

In the diagram the distance between earth and polaris should be 25,000,000x longer than the distance between the earth and the sun. Your diagram has it as 2x longer. Nice try.

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
Are you that dense that you don't see how that diagram you attached showed is completely out of scale? It shows the distance between the sun and earth to be about half the distance between the earth and Polaris. We'll round up and say the distance between the sun and earth is 100 million miles. If it's 2.5 quadrillion miles between the earth and Polaris, that's 2,500,000,000 million miles.

2,500,000,000 / 100 = 25,000,000

In the diagram the distance between earth and polaris should be 25,000,000x longer than the distance between the earth and the sun. Your diagram has it as 2x longer. Nice try.
Lmao NOT ONE image from the globe is to scale but you want to use a drawing i put as "this is 100% accurate" to prove its a globe.. u still understand the question right? How can we see polaris all the time when we are at a TILT and that tilt points in different directions throughout the orbit. How is it still pointed at polaris

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
It doesnt make sense because you dont understand size ratios in reality. NO FE'er can, thats the problem. You all think you are going to see curvature at even 30000 feet up? Bruh...

Ill say it again. 25,000 miles AROUND. Think about that. It takes you what, 20 minutes to walk a mile? A mile. A single fucking mile. That is .004% of the entire earth.

Let it sink in. At some point, you have to get it... Right?
This has NOTHING to do with being able to see a specific star year round

Jul 12, 2002
Lmao NOT ONE image from the globe is to scale but you want to use a drawing i put as "this is 100% accurate" to prove its a globe.. u still understand the question right? How can we see polaris all the time when we are at a TILT and that tilt points in different directions throughout the orbit. How is it still pointed at polaris
I just explained it to you with that math but you are too fucking retarded to understand it.

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
I just explained it to you with that math but you are too fucking retarded to understand it.
So to you, us being on a tilt, even tho the north of earth is always pointing in a different direction around the orbit, makes sense that we see a star to the north of us every single night.

Its just funny to me how you think you are so fo sho that you arnt wrong with the ball earth.
Just let me know this, you can see that there are more ways the solar system can work, right?

Jul 12, 2002
So to you, us being on a tilt, even tho the north of earth is always pointing in a different direction around the orbit, makes sense that we see a star to the north of us every single night.

Its just funny to me how you think you are so fo sho that you arnt wrong with the ball earth.
Just let me know this, you can see that there are more ways the solar system can work, right?
The tilt is irrelevant because the distance the earth travels around the sun is so minuscule compared to the distance between the earth and Polaris (25,000,000 times longer) that everything will seem like it's in the same place.

Here's a comparison you could make in real life to understand. Put all your flat earth/ball earth theories aside for this. Step outside and look at something as far away as you possibly can see. It could be a building, mountain, whatever, just make sure it's really fucking far away and you almost can't see it because it's so far. Now take a few steps to the left or right of where you were standing.

Whatever you were looking at before is basically in the exact same place/direction as it was before you stepped to the side, correct? Well your steps to the side are like the distance between the earth on either side of the sun. The distance between you and whatever you are looking at is like the distance from earth to polaris. Your steps were so small in comparison to the distance between you and the far away object that the far away object is in essentially the exact same place as it was before you moved to the side.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I gotta give you credit for being willing to take on EVERY SINGLE sicc member, Smiley

Many would have backed down 30 pages ago
ey, fr tho, he's pretty confident too

I asked him something a couple pages back, thinking I was gonna have him stumped

read his response and i was like

damn near made me a flat earther, had to bounce quick fast