OFFICIAL FLAT FUCKING EARTH THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Flat Earth - RationalWiki

Roads are flat!

A common trope in flat-Earther literature is that roads, canals, etc. are built flat — not taking into account the curvature of the Earth.[8]

Surveyors ignore curvature when surveying a project because the error from ignoring curvature is minuscule.

For a 1 mile baseline the drop will be 8 inches. The length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle with one leg of 5280 feet and the other leg of 8 inches is 5280.00004209 feet. The error is 0.013 millimeters.

This error is so small that if you built a road that went all the way around the Earth using one mile long baselines the total error in length would amount to 1.05 feet.

Construction projects built underground that require a straight path do take into account the curvature of the Earth such as Japan's Proton Accelerator Complex. [9][10]

[edit] Star trail photography proves that the Earth doesn't move!

Although flat Earth isn't necessarily geocentrist (as one can technically still adopt a heliocentric worldview while holding to a belief in a flat Earth), flat earthers almost always fall into that camp.

One particular claim is that long-duration star trail photographs do not show any movement of the stars other than that caused by the Earth's rotation, the flat earther's reasoning being that, if the Earth is moving so fast around the Sun, the stars should appear smudged. This claim is symptomatic of all flat earthers' false assumptions about the distance between us and celestial objects, or their inability or lack of willingness to perform basic math.

Assume a star trail photograph of the nearest star is taken for 12 hours on a 10,000 wide pixel camera. The Earth would travel about 1,287,000 km during that time. The nearest naked-eye visible star is Alpha Centauri, which is 4.34 light-years (41 trillion kilometers) away. The star would appear to move 0.018 pixels.

[edit] Where's the curvature?

A lot of flat-earthers attempt to disprove the globe model by using pictures taken from high above the earth with a flat horizon, thereby "proving" that the Earth is flat: After all, if the earth is round you should see the curvature of the Earth. In actuality, no matter where you are and how high you are on the surface of the Earth, the horizon does indeed look like a flat line no matter where you look: A curvature should appear if the Earth were cylindrical instead. Indeed, the fact that there even is a horizon to begin with should prove the Earth to be round by itself, since if the Earth were truly flat, then a sufficiently advanced telescope ought to be able to see all the way to the edge of the earth. But don't get started on that track in a debate, otherwise you're going to spend your whole afternoon talking about perspective, light refracting from air, the parallax effect, mirages or GoPro cameras, or how even something as basic as a video of a ship disappearing bottom-first beneath the horizon is supposedly faked.

[edit] Why are there no real photos of the earth?

One common argument used by flat earthers is that there are no real photos of the earth.

This is simply not true, there are many photos of the earth including photos which predate the equipment required to create fake images .[11]

[edit] Why did Neil DeGrasse Tyson say the earth was pear shaped?

This argument is used often by flat earthers to claim that NASA is lying. In fairness, calling the Earth pear-shaped is rather stupid, as it is very nearly a sphere—much closer in shape to a sphere (or even an apple) than a pear.

Technically speaking, the Earth is an oblate spheroid; the reason it appears perfectly spherical in most photos is because the difference is very small (less than 1%). [12] additionally there are images that show the earth is not perfectly spherical [13]

[edit] Why don't rivers flow uphill?

A common argument used by flat earthers is that: if the earth was really spherical, rivers would have to flow uphill. No, really.[14]

In reality, "up" on a spherical planet where gravity is accounted for actually means "away from the core" — and due to gravity's effects on water, it actually flows downhill.[15]
[edit] Why is travel banned to Antarctica?

This argument is used by many flat earthers as "proof" that Antarctica surrounds the earth. [16]

In reality travel is not banned to Antarctica and there are commercial cruise ships that travel there.[17]

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2008
do you see any skyscrapers slanting or seemed to be at a different angle from Hella far? like sitting in the epa skyline and looking at newark the buildings should curve or something. but they dont. they are all the same way. even if they did slant we wouldn't have to worry about it because of gravity right? show me a live video of Australia upside down and I'll believe YOU
Just how small do you think the earth is?

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
Flat Earth - RationalWiki

Roads are flat!

A common trope in flat-Earther literature is that roads, canals, etc. are built flat — not taking into account the curvature of the Earth.[8]

Surveyors ignore curvature when surveying a project because the error from ignoring curvature is minuscule.

For a 1 mile baseline the drop will be 8 inches. The length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle with one leg of 5280 feet and the other leg of 8 inches is 5280.00004209 feet. The error is 0.013 millimeters.

This error is so small that if you built a road that went all the way around the Earth using one mile long baselines the total error in length would amount to 1.05 feet.

Construction projects built underground that require a straight path do take into account the curvature of the Earth such as Japan's Proton Accelerator Complex. [9][10]

[edit] Star trail photography proves that the Earth doesn't move!

Although flat Earth isn't necessarily geocentrist (as one can technically still adopt a heliocentric worldview while holding to a belief in a flat Earth), flat earthers almost always fall into that camp.

One particular claim is that long-duration star trail photographs do not show any movement of the stars other than that caused by the Earth's rotation, the flat earther's reasoning being that, if the Earth is moving so fast around the Sun, the stars should appear smudged. This claim is symptomatic of all flat earthers' false assumptions about the distance between us and celestial objects, or their inability or lack of willingness to perform basic math.

Assume a star trail photograph of the nearest star is taken for 12 hours on a 10,000 wide pixel camera. The Earth would travel about 1,287,000 km during that time. The nearest naked-eye visible star is Alpha Centauri, which is 4.34 light-years (41 trillion kilometers) away. The star would appear to move 0.018 pixels.

[edit] Where's the curvature?

A lot of flat-earthers attempt to disprove the globe model by using pictures taken from high above the earth with a flat horizon, thereby "proving" that the Earth is flat: After all, if the earth is round you should see the curvature of the Earth. In actuality, no matter where you are and how high you are on the surface of the Earth, the horizon does indeed look like a flat line no matter where you look: A curvature should appear if the Earth were cylindrical instead. Indeed, the fact that there even is a horizon to begin with should prove the Earth to be round by itself, since if the Earth were truly flat, then a sufficiently advanced telescope ought to be able to see all the way to the edge of the earth. But don't get started on that track in a debate, otherwise you're going to spend your whole afternoon talking about perspective, light refracting from air, the parallax effect, mirages or GoPro cameras, or how even something as basic as a video of a ship disappearing bottom-first beneath the horizon is supposedly faked.

[edit] Why are there no real photos of the earth?

One common argument used by flat earthers is that there are no real photos of the earth.

This is simply not true, there are many photos of the earth including photos which predate the equipment required to create fake images .[11]

[edit] Why did Neil DeGrasse Tyson say the earth was pear shaped?

This argument is used often by flat earthers to claim that NASA is lying. In fairness, calling the Earth pear-shaped is rather stupid, as it is very nearly a sphere—much closer in shape to a sphere (or even an apple) than a pear.

Technically speaking, the Earth is an oblate spheroid; the reason it appears perfectly spherical in most photos is because the difference is very small (less than 1%). [12] additionally there are images that show the earth is not perfectly spherical [13]

[edit] Why don't rivers flow uphill?

A common argument used by flat earthers is that: if the earth was really spherical, rivers would have to flow uphill. No, really.[14]

In reality, "up" on a spherical planet where gravity is accounted for actually means "away from the core" — and due to gravity's effects on water, it actually flows downhill.[15]
[edit] Why is travel banned to Antarctica?

This argument is used by many flat earthers as "proof" that Antarctica surrounds the earth. [16]

In reality travel is not banned to Antarctica and there are commercial cruise ships that travel there.[17]
See I like shit like this were theres actual info going back and forth. Im just gonna focus on one before I get to the rest

"mirages or GoPro cameras, or how even something as basic as a video of a ship disappearing bottom-first beneath the horizon is supposedly faked."

Theres others from 12 miles out still zooming in on the ship that supposobly went over the curve or disappearing bottom first, it doesn't. its still there

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
"This error is so small that if you built a road that went all the way around the Earth using one mile long baselines the total error in length would amount to 1.05 feet. "

So they are saying that the 8 inches of curve we are SUPPOSED to see for every mile, would be 1.05 feet of CURVE WE ACTUALLY SEE around the whole world. But yet when a ship (which isn't on a man made road, its water) goes into the horizon I'm expected to believe its disappearing into curve bottom first and sail second right. like i said before, Their own math doesn't add up.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
Mr. Magellan I'm Gellin, The Flat Earth Pushed Into My Soles, Not I Have Gellin Support.

^The Look On SmileyAgony's Face

There's People Done Finished That Conquest And Zigged And Zagged Around The World And Know It's Round

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
Smiley do you have any flat earth evidence that comes from somebody with a legit background in science?
sure, I've only posted him three times now.

but you're gonna not even look into it because it's on youtube and not in a book. wish there was books on it... oh wait there is. but who cares, your toilet flushes clockwise

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
Mr. Magellan I'm Gellin, The Flat Earth Pushed Into My Soles, Not I Have Gellin Support.

^The Look On SmileyAgony's Face

There's People Done Finished That Conquest And Zigged And Zagged Around The World And Know It's Round
Rick Potvin's Virtual Circumnavigation of Antarctica to Decide if Earth is Global or Flat: Aerial Circumnavigation of Antarctica Flight Plans of Globe vs. Flat Earth

we need to fly under antarctica and come around the other side to see.. but we aren't allowed to fly over antarctica. same thing with the north pole. so your really never gonna know by traveling and using a compass

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
I'm GOING TO WHIP OUT MY DICK AND WHIP IT AGAINST THE MOON AND THE CRASH THE MOON INTO THE EARTH SO WE CAN SEE IT AND END ALL POSTS LIKE THIS, APOCYLPSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You feel me lmao I like this because you can argue both sides of it. Until you can actually fly around the Globe North and come out South we will never know. Theres still hella shit that I don't understand on the Flat Earth, like what are astroids then and How Eclipses really work then if not for the way we are taught. Im not a 100% believer in it, but somethings are more clearer to me on the Flat Earth Model.

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
My Philosophy Is Based On The ZigZag Man, His Paper Is Flat, He Looked At It, Zigged It A Few Times, At That Zagged It, And Rolled It, And Found The Arc Of Complete Roundness.

If The ZigZag Man Rolled A Flat Crunch Joint, He Would Of Said "Teh Ends Would Fall Off." "The Weight Of The Galaxy Would Bring Down Migh Daye!"

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
My Philosophy Is Based On The ZigZag Man, His Paper Is Flat, He Looked At It, Zigged It A Few Times, At That Zagged It, And Rolled It, And Found The Arc Of Complete Roundness.
I feel you, but at the same time, He forced it to be round. Puffs blunt* We can go all day about it man. I like your thinking on somethings, Which is why I made this to begin with. Im not new to the topic, i did my fair amount of research but I'm also by no means an expert. Its like watching a football game for the first time ever, I'm in the first drive of the game and you guys want me to explain the game and every rule in it. Look up what the game is, and see how it works and why things are the way they are. Its like when they say I rather have a question I can't answer than a Answer I can't question.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
Yea let me hop on my jet and fly under Antarctica to prove it. oh wait your not allowed in Antarctica. oh let me just over the north pole so see, oh that's right your not allowed. don't be a dumbass. you act like I saw one video and made m mind up. I was just like you, I thought this was retarded. but once I stopped being ignorant and looked at FACTS. I believed it. I can go to the top of Mission Peak and see fucking frisco. that should be stupid amounts of curve. but it's not. I can see frisco and even further.
You just recently been convinced that the earth is flat I've been known about this "belief" for a few years. I don't pretend to know it all and I question everything. You want to have a debate but being sarcastic and calling me a dumb ass and ignorant....That's EVERY flat earther I've talked to. You still haven't proven anything except you've watched multiple YouTube videos and adopted someone else's belief and you want us to believe it too.

What motive does NASA have to manipulate the entire world into believing the earth is round?

What difference does it make if we know the world is flat or not?

What is comprimised by us knowing the world is flat and not round?

Why isn't the sun visible in CA at 6pm when it's already down and dark in CO at the same time? If the earth is a flat plain shouldn't I be able to see the sun in CO and CA at the same time? Why is it dark in one state and the sun still shining in the other ?

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
You just recently been convinced that the earth is flat I've been known about this "belief" for a few years. I don't pretend to know it all and I question everything. You want to have a debate but being sarcastic and calling me a dumb ass and ignorant....That's EVERY flat earther I've talked to. You still haven't proven anything except you've watched multiple YouTube videos and adopted someone else's belief and you want us to believe it too.

What motive does NASA have to manipulate the entire world into believing the earth is round?

What difference does it make if we know the world is flat or not?

What is comprimised by us knowing the world is flat and not round?

Why isn't the sun visible in CA at 6pm when it's already down and dark in CO at the same time? If the earth is a flat plain shouldn't I be able to see the sun in CO and CA at the same time? Why is it dark in one state and the sun still shining in the other ?

I said what the whole point of this was on the FIRST post. so sorry for using "Dumbass." But it irks me how you guys brush off facts without even looking into them or acknowledging them and just jumping to another argument without even looking into the answer for the question you just asked. yet here I am explaining the first post on the 12th page.

"SO why does this even matter?
To prove that flat earth exists and WE ARE the center of the universe, it means that GOD EXISTS. if you believe that we are some rock floating around Nothing and theres TONS of other galaxies and planets like us, we arent special, we dont believe theres a point to us and we QUESTION GOD." does that make sense at all?

to answer your question. "Why isn't the sun visible in CA at 6pm when it's already down and dark in CO at the same time? If the earth is a flat plain shouldn't I be able to see the sun in CO and CA at the same time? Why is it dark in one state and the sun still shining in the other ?"

because it works like that. The sun isn't as huge as they say it is. So it makes sense why we only see the sun in certain spots instead of in whole areas.

Now let me ask you this, why do I see the Moon out at the same time as the Sun is out then. like this.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2002
sure, I've only posted him three times now.
The Flat Earth Scientist You Were Never Taught About in School - YouTube

but you're gonna not even look into it because it's on youtube and not in a book. wish there was books on it... oh wait there is. but who cares, your toilet flushes clockwise
I looked into it. His statement is just what he observed from the balloon. He didn't explicitly state that he thinks the Earth is flat.

Do you have any evidence from somebody with a legit science background that is around today?