*NEWS!* Weird Al Yankovic's parents found dead (sad news)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 10, 2004
Source: CNN.COM

FALLBROOK, Califorina (AP) -- -- The elderly parents of Grammy-winning recording artist "Weird Al" Yankovic were found dead in their home, apparently victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, officials said.

Nick and Mary Yankovic were found dead Friday in their suburban San Diego home by relatives who were worried because they had not seen the couple in a while, said sheriff's Sgt. Conrad Grayson.

Paramedics found Nick Yankovic, 86, in a chair in the front living room. His 81-year-old wife was on the bathroom floor.

A wood fire had been set recently in the fireplace, Grayson said.

"The house was full of smoke when they opened the door," Grayson said, adding that the family members found the flue closed.

"Weird Al" Yankovic, 44, had no comment during a performance in Mankato, Minnesota, on Saturday night.

Before the show, a graphic projected on the screens at the back of the stage dedicated the evening to his parents, KTOE-AM reported. Yankovic also canceled a meet-and-greet with selected fans.

A neighbor described Yankovic's parents as nice people who were proud of their son.

"Everybody who came to the neighborhood knew Nick," said John Buehman, who lives across the street. "They're going to be missed, big time."

Yankovic was scheduled to appear Monday in Grand Forks, North Dakota, as part of a tour for his new album, "Poodle Hat."

Jan 26, 2003
Poodle Hat....wha tha fuck?! that fool's stupid, not weird, stupid...but anywayz..speakin of takin a shit...yeah carbon monoxides a bitch

Jul 12, 2002
ya RIP, i know ya'll used to listen to weird al when you were little. i sure did lol. My dad told me about that shit this morning, pretty sad. at least they were older so they got the chance to live out a fuller life than most do.

Jan 26, 2003
i dont give a fuck.....no offense.....but if it dont have to do with me or my fams (fams includes my homeboys) then itz all good........also i think his music is whack....even as a lil kid....i was bumpin Bone Thugs a 5 years old niggaaaaaa

Jul 12, 2002
Nasty Pimp said:
i dont give a fuck.....no offense.....but if it dont have to do with me or my fams (fams includes my homeboys) then itz all good........also i think his music is whack....even as a lil kid....i was bumpin Bone Thugs a 5 years old niggaaaaaa
Do you hope people say the same thing when you die? Probably not, but your reply will probably be something like "I don't give a fuck what people say when I die." Grow the fuck up son, and show some respect for the dead.

Feb 19, 2003
C Marsh said:
Do you hope people say the same thing when you die? Probably not, but your reply will probably be something like "I don't give a fuck what people say when I die." Grow the fuck up son, and show some respect for the dead.
Real talk.

PEACE!