Net neutrality

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 31, 2008
panem et circenses
… Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses
(Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
A couple months ago I was talking to this girl in one of my college classes. She's 20 and just now starting to get "woke". She was completely dumbfounded as to why the majority of people don't actually know about or care about real issues.

All I told her was because people get to chug Mountain Dew, shove Doritos down their throats, eat their McDonalds, and stay glued to their smart phones and Netflix. People have been thrust into their own little bubble of manufactured low effort "happiness" by people who are actually in control of this world to essentially stay sheep.

It dawned on her and kind of broke her, I might have sucked the spirit out of a youthful college student who actually cared about the world that day lol
You did the right thing.