Need Home Network Help

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
I have a home network set up with a wired router. My PC is the network host and doesn't have any trouble connecting to the internet, but when I turn my Xbox on the connection dies. Any ideas?

May 14, 2002
Regular old ethernet cable to the router.
So you have one modem conntected to a router on that router you have one pc connected with cable which is the host. One xbox connected to the router with cable and when you go online with the xbox, the internet connection of your pc goes down.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
So you have one modem conntected to a router on that router you have one pc connected with cable which is the host. One xbox connected to the router with cable and when you go online with the xbox, the internet connection of your pc goes down.
Exactly.

May 14, 2002
j/k

You have a normal xbox or 360? Did it used to work before?
Maybe you can try to change the host settings of your pc. Or remove it from being a jost and try, and then set your pc to host again if it didn't work and you want to and try again.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
j/k

You have a normal xbox or 360? Did it used to work before?
Maybe you can try to change the host settings of your pc. Or remove it from being a jost and try, and then set your pc to host again if it didn't work and you want to and try again.
How do I remove the network host? It's a 360, and it is streaming files from the PC just fine, so the network half works. I'm about to throw this shit against the wall.

Dec 4, 2004
unplug the ethernet cables from the comp and xbox.... and unplug all the power cords and cables from the router and modem....leave it like that for 30 seconds or so and unplug it back again.....then try. also try to reset factory network settings on the 360 before you try connecting again. sometimes you just need to do some power cycling.