MOVIE:The life before her eyes (spoiler)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
Anyone see this movie? I am a bit confused on this movie...In the end it showed her getting shot but I thought her friend got shot? WTF!!! and she went looking for her daughter but didn't find her and it ended there...WTF!!!

Mar 18, 2003
You have to watch the movie again to pick up on everything.

The concept of the movie is this: In the bathroom she told the kid to shoot her (as was revealed in the end) and from the time she said that until he pulls the trigger her life literally flashes before her eyes. Everything you see thereafter is just that, her life flashing before her eyes. The kid disappears because she never had one. She is married to the professor because she liked him in highschool. There were no changes in technology in the 15 years that passed because she could not foresee any advancements. There are countless clues in the movie you just have to watch it again.

May 3, 2002
You have to watch the movie again to pick up on everything.

The concept of the movie is this: In the bathroom she told the kid to shoot her (as was revealed in the end) and from the time she said that until he pulls the trigger her life literally flashes before her eyes. Everything you see thereafter is just that, her life flashing before her eyes. The kid disappears because she never had one. She is married to the professor because she liked him in highschool. There were no changes in technology in the 15 years that passed because she could not foresee any advancements. There are countless clues in the movie you just have to watch it again.
That was one of the conclusions I came to but what stopped me with that if it was 15 years later why was her daughter only like 8 and she had that abortion before she got shot

Mar 18, 2003
She was just imagining all of that. None of it was real. She imagined her husband, daughter; her entire life as she thought it would happen, all in the instance before she died. The movie is depicting what is going on in her mind at that moment. So the exact details, ie. her daughters age, husband etc. is irrelevant because it is all a figment of her imagination. And in the end it is revealed that when the lady asks her "Are you one of the survivors" she actually says "No". Also, in the end when the blood starts coming out of her chest, that is when she gets shot in the bathroom as a kid and her life stops flashing, thus the baby disappears.