Movie about Kurt Cobain

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
This could be pretty cool. Ive always been a huge fan of Nirvana.

What's wrong with Nirvana's business? According to the April issue of Portfolio Magazine, ever since Courtney Love sold licensing rights for the band's catalog, interested buyers have been few and far between.

Three years ago, Love claimed to have just $4,000 in her bank account and said she might have to apply for food stamps. Instead, she cashed in on her rights to the song catalog of her deceased husband, Nirvana frontman/icon Kurt Cobain. In the deal, Love sold a 50 percent interest in Cobain's music-publishing rights for an alleged $50 million, which ticked off his fans. The grunge hero's devotees were disgusted that Love would use the music to promote the kinds of commercial interests he was so against prior to his 1994 suicide.

But before Nirvana fans set out on a new Courtney Love witch hunt, experts concede that the main reason sales have been low is that Nirvana's music is just less commercial than other pop and rock acts, like, say the Jonas Brothers. (They've made a cool million on song licenses sold in 2008, while Nirvana's only made $480K.)

Shocker! Moody, angsty songs and lyrics don't sell fabric softener all that well. Flannel may be back in fashion, but grunge-era music has a ways to go before it's "retro cool" again.

To her merit, Love is working on projects to keep the Cobain name alive. She's currently an executive producer on an upcoming Cobain biopic ("Heavier Than Heaven"). Rumor has it Ewan McGregor may play Cobain ... but if Jared Leto starts dating Courtney, we'll all know why.

Regardless, Love and her daughter, Frances Bean, have put their food stamp anxiety behind them. The pair were recently caught checking out a $6.5 million penthouse in New York, and we're pretty sure it was slightly bigger than the average Manhattan heart shaped box.

Mar 18, 2003
She owned 50% of his music rights. They made $480k in 2008 from royalties and this nasty bitch is crying about food stamps? It makes me sick just to look at her, fucking dope feign.

May 7, 2002
I'm getting sick of all these biographical movies coming out. Its a fucking trend all of a sudden. BIG movie comes out, all of a sudden theres talks of a 2pac movie, Eazy E movie, Kurt Cobain movie.

and while I'm on topic, I'm sick of all the corny ass classic horror movie remakes!!!

Jun 4, 2004
If your wife was Courtney Love.. you would probably kill your self too...:ermm:

Either way they had some good Music and they were anti-Industry.. just listen to the song Rape Me...

There are some videos on YouTube behind the scenes interviews, etc..

The NIRVANA Story [part 1/2]

The NIRVANA Story [part 2/2]

The Classic Albums is a good video probably the best Documentary of Nirvana.. a lot of information, production, life, etc.
CLASSIC ALBUMS : NIRVANA NEVERMIND part 1

CLASSIC ALBUMS : NIRVANA NEVERMIND part 2

CLASSIC ALBUMS : NIRVANA NEVERMIND part 3

CLASSIC ALBUMS : NIRVANA NEVERMIND part 4

I don't think they need to make a Major Motion picture...... and if Courtney is in charge it's going to suck anyways....

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
started long before BIG. Ray Charles. Johnny Cash. etc
and i'm pretty sure 2pac already had a fuckin movie come out...someone is a few years late.

rape me is a good song tho...nirvana had some great songs, they're still great songs....i gotta find my nirvana cds....lol...ain't listened to them in awhile...